How would you feel about a new aquarium at AK?

J4546

Original Poster
Just thinking about new stuff and I personally would love a new aquarium at AK even though theres an aquarium nextdoor at Epcot. I would love it if they built an aquarium like the one just completed in VinWonders Vietnam back in the NE quadrant where the land is cleared out. Imagine a walkway that connected that area (as well and conservation station)

good idea? bad idea?

erasure fan1

I've been saying for a long time they should add an Australia land to AK, and add a great barrier reef attraction. The other option I would love to see is a journey through the different aquatic biomes. You could go from lakes and ponds, rivers to estuaries, wetlands, inercoastal, coral reefs, mangroves, and intertidal zones. And then end in the open ocean. And you design an Omni mover to move through the different biomes in a story similar to spaceship earth.

Of course the edutainment side of Disney is never coming back. So the only way we get another aquarium is Moana, or move Nemo unfortunately.

RSoxNo1

With a Moana / Oceania area likely next on the docket for that park, I could absolutely see some marine based animal exhibits added. I'm thinking something like Sea World's Stingray Lagoon and/or some indoor queue exhibits for the flume attraction.

It would be really cool if they had a fake elevator to take you miles down to the aquarium. Basically the opposite of the elevators to Space 220.
What would you call it?

JIMINYCR

Probably not. I like having unique things at the different parks. Bring in something completely different which will increase the draw to AK and make it stand out from the others. The aquarium at EP has a nice representation of aquatics for guests to enjoy.

Raidermatt

Just thinking about new stuff and I personally would love a new aquarium at AK even though theres an aquarium nextdoor at Epcot. I would love it if they built an aquarium like the one just completed in VinWonders Vietnam back in the NE quadrant where the land is cleared out. Imagine a walkway that connected that area (as well and conservation station)

good idea? bad idea?

I highly doubt today's Disney really wants to add such exhibits and deal with the headaches. I'm sure if they were starting from scratch today, aquariums like those in The Living Seas and the animal exhibits/attractions in AK would not have a chance. Plus everything must now heavily feature IP. "Real" animals make that difficult.

Personally I would have liked AK to keep more to its original concepts. Then something like an Antarctica exhibit or possibly a different type of aquarium could have fit. (Along with Beastly Kingdom). But that ship sailed long ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom