How will new FP+ rules affect Not So Scary and Very Merry?

MotherofaPrincessLover

Let's say your purchase a four day pass but plan to spend 5 days -- 4 days in a Disney Park with the 4 day pass, party ticket on one of the 5 days. Just make sure to use the media issued specifically for the party. This could be a printout with a bar code or an entry card if mailed to you. I think you're okay using your MB if you make sure not to enter the park prior to 4pm. The system should read your party ticket and not deduct from your daily ticket usage. But if you want to be absolutely sure, don't use your MB for entry but one of the other media.
I'm more concerned about the FP+s attached to the party ticket. If you entry media is validated when using the FP+, will the system know that the FP+s I booked in advance should be attached to my party ticket and not my main pass?

JohnD

I'm more concerned about the FP+s attached to the party ticket. If you entry media is validated when using the FP+, will the system know that the FP+s I booked in advance should be attached to my party ticket and not my main pass?

As @Rob562 indicated, if you enter at 4pm, your ticket will be scanned as the party ticket. Therefore, since you enter via the party ticket, the FPs are for your party ticket. It doesn't really matter when you make your selections -- you haven't entered the park yet. All the system needs to see is that you have valid media for entering the park that day. Now, if you enter and use all three FPs before 4pm (meaning you had to have used your main pass), you don't get another three between 4-7 pm. You're limited to one at a time after the first three until 7pm. Finally, if you have an AP, not per-day tickets, it really doesn't matter which media the FPs are applied to. You still only get three per park per day.

MotherofaPrincessLover

As @Rob562 indicated, if you enter at 4pm, your ticket will be scanned as the party ticket. Therefore, since you enter via the party ticket, the FPs are for your party ticket. It doesn't really matter when you make your selections -- you haven't entered the park yet. All the system needs to see is that you have valid media for entering the park that day. Now, if you enter and use all three FPs before 4pm (meaning you had to have used your main pass), you don't get another three between 4-7 pm. You're limited to one at a time after the first three until 7pm. Finally, if you have an AP, not per-day tickets, it really doesn't matter which media the FPs are applied to. You still only get three per park per day.
It makes sense now. I think I was just overthinking the situation. Thanks!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
...my party ticket costs nearly the same amount as a one day FL resident ticket.
So? The party doesn't start until 7 pm, and day guests paid the same amount to be in the park from 9 am to 7 pm as someone paid the day before to be in the park from 9 am to 9 pm. Allowing party guests to take FP+s away from day guests' park time (which is outside the hard ticket event window) and kicking day guests out at 7 pm seems inherently unfair to me.

I would prefer, if WDW is going to continue allowing party guests to enter the park early, that their tickets be restricted from reserving FP+s.

drizgirl

So? The party doesn't start until 7 pm, and day guests paid the same amount to be in the park from 9 am to 7 pm as someone paid the day before to be in the park from 9 am to 9 pm. Allowing party guests to take FP+s away from day guests' park time (which is outside the hard ticket event window) and kicking day guests out at 7 pm seems inherently unfair to me.

I would prefer, if WDW is going to continue allowing party guests to enter the park early, that their tickets be restricted from reserving FP+s.
I have no doubt that Disney decided that giving FP access to party guests from 4-7 meant they could squeeze a few extra dollars out of the price of a party ticket. Justification for recent price spikes, if you will.

It is what it is. And that's entirely Disney's call.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I have no doubt that Disney decided that giving FP access to party guests from 4-7 meant they could squeeze a few extra dollars out of the price of a party ticket. Justification for recent price spikes, if you will.

It is what it is. And that's entirely Disney's call.
More likely they've done it to avoid having to pay extra CMs to sort the incoming from the outgoing crowds, and they're hoping party-goers spend extra in the shops and restaurants between 4 and 7 pm.

But it has the same effect, and it is their call. I just think it stinks for the non-party guests. And I've lived that life from both sides now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom