How will new FP+ rules affect Not So Scary and Very Merry?

iubigman

Original Poster
I am sure this is buried in the main thread, but I will cop to being lazy about it.

Previously, you have been able to book FP+ before 7pm at MK on party days, and use them, even though you didn't enter the park on a "park ticket" that day. I did exactly this in 2013, but FP+ was still new. I have had it confirmed for me that this still worked fine as of last year.

Can anyone venture if this new rule will preclude doing this? It seems as though it would, unless they set the system to recognize party ticket entry and allow it.

Before you ask: "why would you need to do this?", note that as of now, Big Thunder is not listed as being open for Not So Scary, so if you wanted to ride it on FP bewteen 4 and 7pm, you'd have to do this.

ToTBellHop

I am sure this is buried in the main thread, but I will cop to being lazy about it.

Previously, you have been able to book FP+ before 7pm at MK on party days, and use them, even though you didn't enter the park on a "park ticket" that day. I did exactly this in 2013, but FP+ was still new. I have had it confirmed for me that this still worked fine as of last year.

Can anyone venture if this new rule will preclude doing this? It seems as though it would, unless they set the system to recognize party ticket entry and allow it.

Before you ask: "why would you need to do this?", note that as of now, Big Thunder is not listed as being open for Not So Scary, so if you wanted to ride it on FP bewteen 4 and 7pm, you'd have to do this.
You'll still have scanned your ticket starting at 4 pm, no?

Tyaloo

I think it'll be fine - last year I was able to make FP+ for MVMCP for just myself and my husband - but not the rest of our party.

My Disney Experience knew that he and I had tickets, but nobody else with us, so we could book our FP+ for party day.

That's just my experience, maybe it's changed.

iubigman

Original Poster
I think it'll be fine - last year I was able to make FP+ for MVMCP for just myself and my husband - but not the rest of our party.

My Disney Experience knew that he and I had tickets, but nobody else with us, so we could book our FP+ for party day.

That's just my experience, maybe it's changed.

I think that's the issue, is that the software changed as of today. If they simply run it where "no park ticket that day = no FP entry" it could be a problem. I guess we will find out!

Tyaloo

I think that's the issue, is that the software changed as of today. If they simply run it where "no park ticket that day = no FP entry" it could be a problem. I guess we will find out!

I see!

I just figured that since technically we did have a park ticket (an MVMCP one), that the system would know that - please say yes ? lol

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Since the ticket for both MNSSHP and MVMCP shows up as a ticket in the Tickets and Passes section of MDE, it shouldn't be a problem. My son-in-law didn't have an AP when we attended last year. I had no problem making FP selections that included him. We entered shortly after 4PM, he used his party ticket to enter, even though the ticket is in his MDE. I believe he used his MB at all the FP touchpoints.

The only problem I can foresee is if Disney decides to no longer allow party guests in between 4 and 7. But as already discussed on another thread, that would be a nightmare for CMs sweeping the park of non-party guests at closing.

iubigman

Original Poster
I'm probably in the minority but I don't feel party tickets should be able to use FP when they enter at 4pm. The ride lines are short during the party by design.

If FP+ attractions aren't made available during the party, it's an issue. Especially E Ticket things like Big Thunder.

Bolt

Don't start this... This thread isn't a debate for non party goers to bash party goers. But if it was, my party ticket costs nearly the same amount as a one day FL resident ticket.
I like when you say it isn't a debate, but then add 'but if it was' and interject more into the debate. To each their own.

iubigman

Original Poster
Don't start this... This thread isn't a debate for non party goers to bash party goers. But if it was, my party ticket costs nearly the same amount as a one day FL resident ticket.
Seriously. Everyone's Grumpy today. And I don't mean the dwarf

rreading

My impression had always been that you ticket had to be "activated" by admission to allow it to use any FP+ reservations. I'm glad that I didn't know better, I guess, as I'm glad I never had the temptation to game the system. If that is indeed what has happened with this change, then I would expect that your FP+ linked to your regular tickets would not be activated by your special event ticket (which does not come with FP+ privileges).

So if they're doing it right, then you shouldn't be allowed FP+ on that day.

DisneyJoe

The only problem I can foresee is if Disney decides to no longer allow party guests in between 4 and 7. But as already discussed on another thread, that would be a nightmare for CMs sweeping the park of non-party guests at closing.
I noticed for MVMCP in November that the park closes at 6pm and the party starts at 7pm. They haven't done it this way for years, I recall them doing it in 2004 and they herded us to Tomorrowland between 6 and 7 so they could clear the rest of the park. We were allowed to enter at 4pm

Rider

The "hack" that Disney is stopping required you to have a MDE profile not linked to a ticket AND you have to book in person at a kiosk. The app would not let you book the FPs without a valid ticket for that day.

The very fact that you can book FP on a the app with a linked parry ticket means you'll be fine.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Apparently, unlike the old legacy FP system (paper), FP+ wasn't validating that the ticket medium you used to get FP+ selections at the kiosks in the park (initial 3 selections) was the same ticket medium you used to enter the park. So a guest could enter with a linked MB and use a "ghost" MB or unused/expired ticket at a park kiosk and get another set of FP+. The park kiosks apparently only read the RFID and didn't link back to admission. From what I was able to glean, this really became popular when some rides were tired at parks.

Others can probably explain it better than I did. Your can go to other Disney forums and see lots of outraged discussion on the crackdown.

Kingoglow

Bottom line is, if you have ticked media that you used to enter the park, then you can access the system. Currently, they allow you to book Fast pass reservations anytime during the day of the party. You can use your Fastpasses however you wish.

If you want you can book them for 10 am and never use them if that's what you want. Unless Disney removes the ability for party tickets to book Fastpasses, you can do what you want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom