How Visible Are Meet & Greets?

Goofyernmost

Makes me so happy that I was a parent when I was. We used to have a simple word that we could use at just such an occasion. It was a short word, two letters. It started with a N and ended with an O. Worked like a charm. It even had a backup word in the event that the question of "why" was entered into the mix. That word was Because! Ah, yes...good times for parents of children of all ages. To bad some of the good things had to change.:joyfull::joyfull:

luv

Some kids get into this, but many are invited into it by moms who want pics. There is nothing wrong with moms wanting pics of their kids with characters!! They're great pictures. :) I just mention it to give you hope that your kid won't get into it.

If your kid does want to do M&Gs, get ready to buy an autograph book and pen. :)

Raven66

When we were there in June on our first day I saw no characters out and about except for Buzz. I don't know if it was because of the rain or what. But I tell you some of the interactions are so worth it. Chip and Dale danced all over the place with my daughter when she was little. Spinning her and just treating her like she was the only child in the parks. She is 16 now and still talks about how it was so fun. Have fun on your trip!!

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

Makes me so happy that I was a parent when I was. We used to have a simple word that we could use at just such an occasion. It was a short word, two letters. It started with a N and ended with an O. Worked like a charm. It even had a backup word in the event that the question of "why" was entered into the mix. That word was Because! Ah, yes...good times for parents of children of all ages. To bad some of the good things had to change.:joyfull::joyfull:
"Because I said so that's why." was my dad's come back and I find myself using it myself now I'm a mom.

luv

"Because I said so that's why." was my dad's come back and I find myself using it myself now I'm a mom.
Because I said so!

Worst thing for a kid. Best thing for a parent. :D

I do understand wanting to let your child do what they love at WDW. One of my biggest parenting regrets is saying No to water parks and mini-golf at WDW. The kid really wasn't asking for a lot. He was a good kid and deserved to play mini-golf if that's what he wanted.

At least I have the pleasure of knowing I endured DisneyQuest.

If your kids are spoiled, demanding and bratty, they need to be told No more often. But if they're good kids who generally suffer in silence, let them have fun at WDW...so you won't have to regret not doing it. :)

Britt

Im totally with you on feeling like they're kind of a waste of time....just a quick 2 minute interaction after a 60 minute wait! However, we chose 1-2 characters to make SURE we meet, and if there are characters without a line, we'll swoop on : )

So maybe pick 1-2 that your child just absolutely loves and skip the rest : )

Britt

Im sure the OP has no problem saying NO if need be, but in WDW where part of the fun for kids is meeting their heros...it's a little harder to use it when it's just because mom/dad doesn't wanna stand in the heat, you know? I totally get what you mean, but for little guys, it can be hard to see your hero standing RIGHT THERE and mom dragging you along to go ride It's A Small World ;) LOL

Goofyernmost

Im sure the OP has no problem saying NO if need be, but in WDW where part of the fun for kids is meeting their heros...it's a little harder to use it when it's just because mom/dad doesn't wanna stand in the heat, you know? I totally get what you mean, but for little guys, it can be hard to see your hero standing RIGHT THERE and mom dragging you along to go ride It's A Small World ;) LOL
I guess that's one way of looking at it...I prefer to think of it as toughening the little tykes up to prepare them for the disappointments of life.:grumpy::cry::arghh: I think of it as a parenting basic. :bookworm:

brb1006

The only Character M&Gs that scream *look at me* are at MK right when you walk in under the flag pole. There are characters easily spotted at all parks, but mostly they're off to the side, in the shade, and lots of Guests still manage to walk by and miss them. It's likely your DS will see character greetings, but if it's a character your DS doesn't care about he'll likely just move on; if it's a character your DS loves and wants to see then be prepared for a line or two.
It's worth it, if it's that one character you really like.

Mouse_Trap

I actually think they are more for the parents than the kids.

Sure some kids love them, but I've seen lots parents more into lining up their kids to meet them their kids actually wanting too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom