How to make Animal Kingdom a full day park....

STITCHGEFAN

AK is a full day park everytime for me. We did the Wilderness Explorer book this time and that took up a lot of time. We did do absolutely everything there is to do in that one day, something we never achieve at any other park, however it was a 9-7 day for my party, and for me the best day of me recent holiday.

WDWVolFan

We did AK last year in a little over half a day.
We took the Safari, did Primeval Whirl 3 times, did the Flying Triceratops, the Water Ride (forgot the name) with an hour or so wait due to lightning and Dinosaur. Didn't do the coaster because I'm afraid of heights and only do a few coasters. But we left right after lunch and Yak and Yetis.
After reading this forum for a few months now, I would have added Lion King and Nemo and I'd be out the door.

harryk

AK is not a park to be missed. Take time to enjoy the walk through jungle treks to view the animals and birds.
Don't rush... Take the tours through the land by truck and the small group events. Watch the flights of wonder show. Not everything needs to be rides, rides and rides. Enjoy the street performers and 'stage' shows.
Go up all the side trails and see the animals and birds that are in those areas. (Most guests just by-pass them as they hurry on to get fast-passes.) This is a full day park if you take the time to enjoy it.

mbtohill

We are a full day AK family and as our girls have gotten older we are going back for a 2nd day more and more often. We (my DD's and I) love all the rides and go on Dinosaur and EE multiple times. My DW loves the sights. Tusker House is our favorite lunch spot on property. When you add the shows it makes for a very full day or two

Zman-ks

Just walk reaaaaaally slowly..... snails pace..
75.gif

LMAO :p

WV_Jayola

I can honestly say that my family has never been able to do everything at AK in one day. Of course, we don't hit it "commando" style either. We take our time, enjoying the animals, the trails, stuff like that. The idea of just running in and trying to hit every attraction as quickly as you can is akin to a kid opening all of his presents way too fast on Christmas morning, then getting upset that the other kids are still opening while he has none left.

Kitchandro

I always spend one and a half days there minimum so I don't know what you're talking about. You must be one of those kids who just sprints to each ride, does it once and then leaves.

taz0162

Everyone forgets about Prime-Evil-Whirl over in Dino-Land. That tea-cup car roller coaster is pretty fun and that's from me who hates spinning rides. I miss the dino institute and seeing the dino bones being cleaned and studied, as well as the boat taxis that were in the waterways (with the dragon)

taz0162

We generally spend a full day if not a day and a half to see EVERYTHING. there are several shows that people skip. Plus the trails are a lot of fun, love the Tiger and Gorilla areas. Rafikis area is fine but seems to need something more interactive.

Bluenoser

AK is my favourite park. That said, I have never stayed for the parade as I always head back to the resort early in the afternoon. I wish they also had a paradise in the morning.

Fox&Hound

My solution: add Mystic Manor and an "Up" area themed to Paradise Falls. I always thought jungle cruise would fit better here too (I know it is scandalous to suggest removing it from MK-shame on me).....

I always complain there is not enough to do at AK (just being honest) but like someone else posted, it is nice to walk leisurely and not feel like you are missing much. After running around at MK it's nice to have a more relaxed day. I just love the feel of the park.

I think some kind of night entertainment and few mid-level rides would go a long way to keeping guests on property (oh and Mystic Manor and "Up" too).

pumpkin7

We didn't go at it like a bat out of hell at all, but we still felt like we'd seen everything after about 6 hours. We didn't do Kali River Rapids as it was threatening rain and from past experience, getting soaked and then getting even more soaked in the rain is not nice. We did all the trails too.
The only other thing we missed out was the Dino area with Primeval Whirl because I refuse to accept that Disney would go so low as to put pure carnival attractions into one of their parks. We have a 'primeval whirl' here in the UK... it ain't going to be much different at Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom