How to make Animal Kingdom a full day park....

HM Spectre

If you do Animal Kingdom like an attractions park and just zip from ride to ride then yeah, there's no chance it's a full day park. If you take it in like a zoo/jungle trip with attractions mixed in and take your time to savor it as you go then I can definitely see it being a full day for people. It's all in how you approach it (I'm probably in the middle and do it for 2/3 of a day but I can see both sides).

hull327

We're typically there from gate opening to around 3-4. By that time we've been on all the rides (Everest at least 3 times), been on the Safari and watched nearly all the shows.

Radok Block

Needs two new lands, Avatar (bleh) and an Australia or a much improved Beastly Kingdomesque land, two new E tickets and several smaller rides, complete refurbs to current lands and attractions. Dinoland USA needs a coaster. It also needs World of Color and night safaris to keep people in the parks.

A night safari would be so awesome (assuming they have a "B" team of animals to go on exhibit to give the daytime group a break).

Prince-1

First you need to drive and park in the AK lot. Then take the tram to the front of the park BUT do it get off. Stay on the tram and ride it for a 1/2 the day. Then finally get off the tram "ride" and enter park for the rest of the day.

ThinkTink721

I guess if you take your time looking at all of the animals & exhibits you could make the AK a full day park.
We usually enjoy the following attractions when we visit:
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safari
Dinosaur
We have seen the shows at least once & we don't really care to see them again.

Dragonrider1227

You know a good way to make this park a full day? Stop trying to rush through everything. Stop and enjoy the scenery. There's a lot to look at when you stop complaining there aren't enough rides.
And for the record, I like the pure carnival rides in Animal Kingdom. probably one of the few places I'd do it in. At least I know they work in Disney :p

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Do Nothing. It's already a full-day park. Actually a 2 day park for us since we love it so much.

The park day is what you make of it. Sure I could zip in and zip out going on 2 things, but you can do that at any park.

Sorry, I have to disagree with this.

If we use MK as an alternative...there's a massive number of attractions PLUS lots of places to walk around, enjoy scenery, and there's things to do for all ages, including slow moving, relaxing, AIR CONDITIONED dark rides.

AK has only a very tiny portion of that yet the same admission price.

I have a much better time going to Busch Gardens to watch animals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom