Trip Report How to lose 11 things in 10 days - September 2017

Its become some what of a joke, even though its not that funny, we lose things. Especially on vacation. Id like to say its mostly Billy but this trip it was obvious we are both too careless. We lost a total of 11 items over our 10 day trip :eek: So you could say there was some drama, we do have a happy ending though! ...well sort of.

Lets get this show on the road :p

Who: Ciara (ME) and Billy (Boyfriend of 4 years)
20D415A4-A22D-4854-AC55-6A7D29A6BE5E.jpg

Notice Billy's hat? Yeah, It was item #1 to go missing

What: 10 days of magical fun in WDW

When: September 13th-22nd 2017

Where: Stayed at Disney's Pop Century

Why: 4 year anniversary and WHY NOT?! ;)

I'm still gathering all my pictures... there are well over 1500 between camera, my phone and billy's phone but i will try to get the first couple post up by tonight

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
September 12th 2017- Travel Day continued...

When we walked through the airport doors we were relieved to find an empty drop off counter. I had already checked us in online and paid for the bag so they literally just weighed it, tagged it and we were on our way. Step 1 complete! When we approached security, there was a bit of a line but it moved quickly. They were even pulling people from the regular line and letting them use precheck so that helped. We made it through security at 6:05. They had just started boarding the plane, which meant we had 15 minutes to down a much-needed beer. Rouge ales, one of our favorite breweries, happened to be a couple spots down from our gate. We knew we still had to hurry so we ordered and requested our check at the same time. I got an American amber, and Billy got a 7 hop.

IMG_2459.JPG
IMG_2460.JPG

Photo Sep 12, 6 23 29 PM.jpg

IMG_2457.JPG

We tried to relax and enjoyed our beers until my phone popped up with a dreaded message Final Boarding. We took our last couple sips/chugs and we were off again. We were literally the last ones on the plane :eek: that was a first. Delta had chosen our seats so we were a bit worried they wouldn’t be together but they were! An aisle and a middle seat. We were also on a new fancy plane that had screens on the back of every seat with tons of movies, games, and tv shows. Plus wevgot to choose our snack rather than a single option. Pretzels, almonds, cookies or granola bar. Heck they gave the guy in front of us two of each. I was really impressed with Delta overall. We flew with them only a year ago on a leg back from Mexico but none of the amenities were this nice! I watched Why him? And Billy watched the newest Fast and Furious while we both mixed up some soda cocktails.

Sorry for the crappy photo quality
Photo Sep 12, 4 31 23 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 12, 4 31 14 PM.jpg

My goal was to stay awake this flight and try to sleep a little on the next. The flight was short, rather uneventful and we touched down early in SLC. Both of us were feeling pretty hungry so after we found our gate, we were on the hut for food. McDonalds seems to be the only thing that’s open past 9pm in an airport so what did we have?

Photo Sep 12, 8 49 59 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 12, 9 03 08 PM.jpg

A meal of McDoubles and McNuggets, plus French fries to share.

Next: Finally in WDW!

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
Sounds intriguing! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

I love that you guys are running late but still trying to get a crispy cold one! Perfect start to a TR! #following

I'm here and ready to read!!

Great title. I'm in.

retargeting-meme-2.jpg

Following along. Can't wait to read more.

With a title like this, how can I not follow?! I'm in ;)

Following along! I was hoping to bump into you guys while we were there, but no such luck! :(

Yeah I can't wait to read! We just got back yesterday and I'm going through post Disney blues!

So excited I found this!! I've been so busy with school this should be a great distraction :D:D

Im in looking forward to your report.

I'm here!

I'm in!! Loved watching on insta. can't wait to hear more details !

Thanks everyone :D Hopefully it doesn't disappoint!

Ciara

Original Poster
September 13th 2017- Still travel day... but not for long!

We had about an hour layover and this time we were not the last ones on the plane! Probably a good thing considering this plane was PACKED completely full. It was hot and the air nozzles above were barely noticeable. I said something about this to Billy and it inspired the woman in our row to start a conversation. This was the 5th flight she had been booked on trying to get home to Orlando and this flight was actually taking off! She said at this point she didn’t care if she had to take a camel home. She knew she didn’t have power at home and a neighbor said she had lost a tree but she was just overjoyed to be going home. We spoke a little more throughout the flight but I mostly dozed in and out of sleep while watching Unforgettable.

Neither of us got much sleep on the plane but when were arrived at MCO, we were in surprisingly good moods. I think we were running on excitement but deep down we were tired. Besides coffee, nothing was open at 5am so we made our way to the fonorail without making any stops. I don’t actually know what this thing is called. Tram, people mover, train? I just call it fonorail now thanks to @Doc Disney

Super blurry
IMG_2467.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

This was the first time I had even been to WDW and not used magical express for bags so I wasn’t sure where baggage claim was but we found it no problem. My directional skills must be getting better, this airport used to confuse the heck out of me! Once we grabbed my bag we made the long walk down the eternal hallway to DME.

IMG_2469.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

Billy scanned his band and the CM say “Great! Taking you to All-star Sports I see, right this way” All-star sports???? “No, that’s not correct, we are going to POP” I replied. “Oh no we have that you’re going to sports, see right here” She was pretty adamant and getting irritated I finished with “Well we have a reservation at POP and not sports so it wouldn’t do us very much good to go there” She then started typing away on her computer and “Okay we have it fixed now, Pop century, right this way” I looked at my paperwork which was put away in my bag and it was correct with us going to POP. We were booked at all-star at one point when we couldn’t get free dining but that was all switched and I had confirmed DME like 3 times so I don’t know why it still said that. I also don’t know why she was so set on us going to sports when we weren’t staying there :confused: weird.

We boarded an empty DME bus and when it pulled away still empty, we felt like celebrities! A private ride to our hotel was a nice way to start a Disney vacation. It was really dark outside and I couldn’t see much. I assume some street lights may have been out from the hurricane. We were going a strange way and I wasn’t sure where we were until I saw Art of Animation. Yay we are here! But then the bus driver pulls into Art of Animation and Billy looks at me :eek: Thinking she was going this way to get to POP, I kept my mouth shut. When she started pulling into the drop off area I spoke up “Excuse me, we are actually going to POP century” It seems they didn’t want us to stay there! She apologized and said she must be tired. Since they are right next to each other we were pulling up to the correct resort moments later.

IMG_2471.JPG

IMG_2473.JPG

IMG_2474.JPG

IMG_2475.JPG

I had done online check-in but as expected we did not receive a room ready text at 5am so we went to the front desk to see if any rooms were open and ready. There was actually a small line. Again, we encountered people trying to get home. This woman had been in WDW for 10 days and not by choice. They had just gotten word there was a flight out and she was getting the heck outta there! The CM said there was a ground floor in the 90’s and we took it without second thought. Sleep? YES PLEASE! She also gave us happily ever after buttons and wished us a happy anniversary. Happily ever after buttons are cute but I prefer the specific ones like anniversary or just engaged. We brought our anniversary buttons from last time knowing they no longer had them. We didn’t really wear the others.

Since we were in 90’s you know what that means… REFURB ROOM!

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
September 13th 2017- Our first day!

I had mixed feelings about the refurbs prior to staying in one and now I have to say… I SERIOUSLY LOVE THEM. Not really the way it looked but how functional it was. There were tons of cubbies and hooks to put away your things, all the plugs had USB, the coffee maker in-room was amazing, the bathroom area was bright with a little makeup mirror that pulled out, I could go on. Oh and the TV was huge. They are very white..That was my first thought when I saw them but now it doesn’t bother me so much. The blue in the bathroom is very pretty. And the colorful pops around the room make it still feel like POP. I thought maybe the floors would be noisy but we only heard upstairs if they flushed the toilet so I don’t think they were. Overall the room blew me away and I continued to like it more and more during our stay :inlove:

IMG_2476.JPG

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

Even though we were tired, we couldn’t sleep. Too much excitement! We unpacked, took photos, watched TV and talked about what we would do that day. We had plans to go to typhoon lagoon but it was still closed from the hurricane so our new plan was to sleep until about 11/12 and then play bus roulette, getting on the first that arrived. We discovered at this time that our bathroom door didn’t close all the way, we called about it the next day but it never did get fixed. It wasn't a big deal to us since there was another door but I still think it's kind of funny no one called or anything. Billy fell asleep first and I took notes before eventually falling asleep :bookworm:

Next: Nothing quite like walking into a park for the first time on your trip

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

The room looks so different! But a good different!! Very modern.. unlike the 90s! Lol!!

All the not in character CMs must have been due to the stress of Irma! Glad you got the the right resort :)

Ciara

Original Poster
September 13th 2017- Day 1, part 1

We woke up around noon. I got ready quickly while billy made coffee IN OUR ROOM :D It was nice not to have to walk to the food court every morning. Even though they are right next to each other, the 90's building felt SO much further than the 80's we stayed in last time.
IMG_2485.JPG

We left our room just before 1pm and immediately a bus pulled up. Since we now knew where we were going, I got on the app and made us some fastpasses.

Photo Sep 13, 10 10 24 AM.jpg

By 1:15pm we were here

Hi Donald!
IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG

For the next 10 minutes it was like we were here for our first time. Darting our eyes everywhere and anywhere, taking photos and videos, absorbing everything around us. WE WERE HERE! :D

IMG_2488.JPG

Oh hey street performers, lets watch!
IMG_2489.JPG

IMG_2490.JPG

There were getting audience help to make jokes. One of the performers had the tough task of making a joke about a hole punch. He failed. So another jumps in and says "A hole punch walks into a bar and orders a drink, bartenders say sorry pal no drinks today, were slammed" :hilarious: Okay maybe not that funny but their jobs are tough! You never know what the audience might hand you, maybe its gold, maybe its hole punch. My favorite joke "Why couldn't the toilet paper cross the road? It got stuck in the cracks" :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

We had an important tour to get to, so we headed that way
h.jpg

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

Next up: A tour of G-force records and BACKSTAGE PASSES, say what?!! ;)

Last edited:

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
There's always so much to try and see, I sometimes get sensory overload. Only the more reason to go back time and time again!

Ciara

Original Poster
September 13th 2017- Day 1, part 2

As we approached Rockin it only had a 10 minute wait, so what did we do?
h5.jpg

Ride twice! Once with fastpass and once without

h6.jpg

h7.jpg

We had another fastpass starting immediately after for TOT, it also had a 10 minute wait, so what did we do?

Photo Sep 13, 10 55 27 AM.jpg

Its a thing
Photo Sep 13, 10 55 08 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 10 56 59 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 10 57 02 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 10 57 05 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 10 57 35 AM.jpg

We rode twice :D

After the second trip i made billy stop and pose with bellhop stitch.
He is just so cute :inlove:
Photo Sep 13, 11 19 23 AM.jpg

We hadn't eaten in over 12 hours but neither of us were feeling hungry, but we were feeling thirsty :p

Next: These wait times are insane

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
September 13th 2017- Day 1, part 3

Walking down Sunset blvd we stopped at the first stand selling drinks, Fairfax fare. I wasn't fond of the beer choices so i opted for their Smirnoff lemonade instead. This was really refreshing! Perfect for a hot day. Billy ordered a Sierra Nevada pale ale.

i.jpg

We had awhile until our next FP so we stopped on a ledge and looked at the app. Everything had really low wait times. Toy story was at 5 min :eek: With drinks in hand we made the hot walk to the back of the park. The shade was manageable but the sun was hot! We took detours into A/C when possible.

We downed the rest of our drinks and had our first ride on toy story! It always has such long lines and we never have a fastpass, since we get one for rockin, that we have never been on it.

l.jpg

m.jpg

First 3D ride, lets hope i don't get sick!
n.jpg

Toy story was SO MUCH FUN! How had we missed it??? It was so much better than buzz. I thought i was pretty good at it too. Until...

o.jpg

Billy won!

There was another stand outside Toy story that was calling to us. We got two beers. I got a Florida sunset amber and Billy reluctantly got a corona.

p.jpg

We walked around a little, took A/C breaks and sat in the shade enjoying our beers. Olaf had a 15 minute wait and i have always wanted to meet him!

Not even 5 minutes later and i was getting warm hugs from this guy

He made Billy so jealous! He dodged his handshake to give me a hug :inlove:
Still on the fence about memory maker, sorry for the watermarks!

FullSizeR.jpg

FullSizeR (1).jpg

FullSizeR (2).jpg

We talked hot weather and had more warm hugs before saying goodbye

Next: More rides and more beer

Last edited:

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
September 13th 2017- Day 1, part 1

We woke up around noon. I got ready quickly while billy made coffee IN OUR ROOM :D It was nice not to have to walk to the food court every morning. Even though they are right next to each other, the 90's building felt SO much further than the 80's we stayed in last time.
View attachment 234170

We left our room just before 1pm and immediately a bus pulled up. Since we now knew where we were going, I got on the app and made us some fastpasses.

View attachment 234215

By 1:15pm we were here

Hi Donald!
View attachment 234199
View attachment 234200

For the next 10 minutes it was like we were here for our first time. Darting our eyes everywhere and anywhere, taking photos and videos, absorbing everything around us. WE WERE HERE! :D

View attachment 234222

Oh hey street performers, lets watch!
View attachment 234225
View attachment 234226

There were getting audience help to make jokes. One of the performers had the tough task of making a joke about a hole punch. He failed. So another jumps in and says "A hole punch walks into a bar and orders a drink, bartenders say sorry pal no drinks today, were slammed" :hilarious: Okay maybe not that funny but their jobs are tough! You never know what the audience might hand you, maybe its gold, maybe its hole punch. My favorite joke "Why couldn't the toilet paper cross the road? It got stuck in the cracks" :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

We had an important tour to get to, so we headed that way
View attachment 234241
View attachment 234242
View attachment 234243

Next up: A tour of G-force records and BACKSTAGE PASSES, say what?!! ;)

I really hope these people know each other. (Either that, or you caught a pickpocket in the act!!!) :cautious:
upload_2017-9-29_16-17-8.png

Lyssa

SERIOUSLY LOVE THEM. Not really the way it looked but how functional it was. There were tons of cubbies and hooks to put away your things, all the plugs had USB, the coffee maker in-room was amazing, the bathroom area was bright with a little makeup mirror that pulled out, I could go on. Oh and the TV was huge. They are very white..That was my first thought when I saw them but now it doesn’t bother me so much. The blue in the bathroom is very pretty.

This is making me excited for our stay there :) I hope we get one of those rooms too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom