How to Improve Universal Parks (Open Brainstorming)

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
I think for Universal to continue to compete, they must acquire or use as many “evergreen” properties in their parks as possible. Also, they must solidify their relationship with Netflix (Netflix is a goldmine of IPs) by building multiple permanent attractions based off of Netflix’s content—NOT just small Gabby’s Dollhouse attractions or haunted houses. Also, Universal needs to increase its attraction diversity (eg. less screen rides and more “storybook darkride” attractions) and increase the overall immersiveness of their parks (particularly the pre-Epic Universe ones).

• Stranger Things area
  • Wednesday attraction
  • Cuphead omnimover
  • Camp Jurassic kiddie dark ride
  • Penguins of Madagascar attraction (designed for kids, and those who grew up with the series–like Gen Z)
  • A new horror attraction like Revenge of The Mummy (though ironic, since Universal is great at horror. A ride based attraction is easier for people who get scared/jumpscared easily to consume than a haunted house, because of the possibility of accidentally lashing out in violence against scareactors, and instead of running out of the house and accidentally tripping, the ride will rush them out of the scary area ASAP)
  • Spongebob area/attraction—is still relevant today despite ending, is the subject of many a Gen Z meme, should be a family dark ride like Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway RR.
  • Renovated Simpsons attraction (the graphics date the simulator considerably)

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

I think for Universal to continue to compete, they must acquire or use as many “evergreen” properties in their parks as possible. Also, they must solidify their relationship with Netflix (Netflix is a goldmine of IPs) by building multiple permanent attractions based off of Netflix’s content—NOT just small Gabby’s Dollhouse attractions or haunted houses. Also, Universal needs to increase its attraction diversity (eg. less screen rides and “storybook darkride” attractions) and increase the overall immersiveness of their parks (particularly the pre-Epic Universe ones).

• Stranger Things area
  • Wednesday attraction
  • Cuphead omnimover
  • Camp Jurassic kiddie dark ride
  • Penguins of Madagascar attraction (designed for kids, and those who grew up with the series–like Gen Z)
  • A new horror attraction like Revenge of The Mummy (though ironic, since Universal is great at horror. A ride based attraction is easier for people who get scared/jumpscared easily to consume than a haunted house, because of the possibility of accidentally lashing out in violence against scareactors, and instead of running out of the house and accidentally tripping, the ride will rush them out of the scary area ASAP)
  • Spongebob area/attraction—is still relevant today despite ending, is the subject of many a Gen Z meme, should be a family dark ride like Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway RR.
  • Renovated Simpsons attraction (the graphics date the simulator considerably)

I had the same idea with "The Addams Family". But my idea was to have it be more about the whole family, this way it's timeless. Wednesday is a great show, but it may have a short shelf life. Where it won't be relevant in 10 years.

I honestly think Universal should start copying classic Disney rides and putting different IP's with them. For instance "The Addams Family" attraction could be very similar to Haunted Mansion.

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
I had the same idea with "The Addams Family". But my idea was to have it be more about the whole family, this way it's timeless. Wednesday is a great show, but it may have a short shelf life. Where it won't be relevant in 10 years.

I honestly think Universal should start copying classic Disney rides and putting different IP's with them. For instance "The Addams Family" attraction could be very similar to Haunted Mansion.
Agreed, I thought it would work because it was peripherally related to “The Addams Family”, so it would have some (but not a lot) of longevity.

Miru

Not sure about Wednesday/Cuphead compared to the others, (they’re small attractions but they work well) but…

* The Great Anime Ride (like the Great Movie Ride but for anime; dumping a bunch of IP together into one moving experience that gives a history of Japanese culture and media evolution). They could start with the more anime-oriented Nintendo properties like Xenoblade and Fire Emblem, and I’m pretty sure Digimon would be easy because it’s already on Peacock.
* Retheme the Toon Lagoon rides, but not the area as a whole, to more relevant IP. The land has a charm to it but perhaps more relevant rides could attract people. (I had an idea for a One Piece Retheme of Ripsaw Falls for example)
* Some kind of “Retro Universal” themed area at one of the parks, and in a smaller form, a “Universal Vault” to display stuff from things like Knight Rider.
* Maybe do something about Marvel? Not sure what they want to do with it.
* Expand Citywalk with more shops and such. Hollywood is much better at having plenty of shops.

(Gabby’s Dollhouse is a Universal property actually, that happens to be on Netflix so it counts even less)

Last edited:

Miru

I'd love it if they had more family rides. I can no longer take rollercoasters, especially if I just ate.
Indeed so, I did have The Great Anime Ride as an example, along with Camp Cretaceous & the Cuphead omnimover. (Perhaps it could be like Buzz, as a shooting gallery ride?)

Even a lot of the Universal rides that aren’t quite coasters are still thrill rides due to intense and scary themes, so some gentler options are much appreciated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom