How to handle the Wet and Rain?

Janir

Poncho for general rain. Water shoes to swap with regular shoes for a water ride and some extra clothing. a Wet shorts really sucks.

Kevin_W

For wet in general - I usually carry a smallish camera bag/backpack and keep a couple disposable ponches and umbrellas in it (they make mini umbrellas that fold up to 6-8" long and 1" diameter). I wear hiking shoes that have a gore-tex liner in the parks. The liner is great for actual hiking in wet grass, shallow streams, but it's also nice in rain.

TARDIS

For rides we plan for days we don’t wear denim shorts, instead we wear the cottony type that dries faster. We wear Chacos because sneakers always end up wet and like to never dry out plus wet socks are the worst. For rain I just put a poncho in my pocket (we never bring in bag so we have the bare minimum with us).

CaptainAmerica

For rides we plan for days we don’t wear denim shorts, instead we wear the cottony type that dries faster. We wear Chacos because sneakers always end up wet and like to never dry out plus wet socks are the worst. For rain I just put a poncho in my pocket (we never bring in bag so we have the bare minimum with us).
I hope the men in your party never wear denim shorts.

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
AS my DW reminds me:
Some people dance in the rain,
Others just get wet.

It's all in your state of mind.:rolleyes:

😂 Your DW must have a thigh gap. No one who has ever experienced severe post water ride chafing would be able to say that with much sincerity.

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
Oh also to all the sandals comments. Sorry but I can't! They give me blisters and I need a solid arch support. I do want to try those Teva sandals. My mom swears by them but I have yet to find a good pair locally.

MagicalMommy

I don’t leave home without a stash of $1 ponchos! I definitely use them on Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids while my family rolls their eyes at me, lol.

I find flip-flops/sandals to be best in the rain. I can’t stand wet socks!

Paper straw fan

Splash mt is a crapshoot when it comes to getting soaked or not. We were in the front row during a Halloween party. I went as a pirate so heavy eye liner. We got so wet I looked like a drowned raccoon until I could get the the restroom to wipe it all off.

The worst part for getting wet to me has been not the final hill, but the splash from it while you are going around that first outside turn. They seem to have removed that for now, not sure if it’s a temporary thing or not, but otherwise I’d side w others here and say it’s not bad now.

I’m with you on wet shoes, it’s a no go for me, and I do splash 2-3 times if I can.

correcaminos

Splash definitely can be hit or miss with us. Since we often go in the summer, we all wear sandals that are good when wet and dry out quickly. Nothing worse than wet sneakers and socks. I'm kind of allergic to socks in the summer anyway (j/k, but I don't like them). There are many really great and supportive sandals that allow for feet to breathe and dry quickly. Those are our picks.

James J

In the Parks
No
I’ve ridden Splash Mountain more times than I can count and have never got very wet at all, same with Kali. If it rains then we put on ponchos and make the most of it.

I said the same thing about Kali to my fiancée before she rode it for the first time last October - we then got absolutely soaked from head to toe and she threatened to give the ring back less than 24 hours after my proposal...

General Mayhem

One of my guilty pleasures is splash mountain but I have a hard time getting my husband to do it. His reasons are understandable. You can end up wet for hours after wards. Sometimes the Florida sun will dry you out sooner and sure you can wear ponchos on the ride but it kinda takes away the fun bit about getting splashed.

I also hate getting my sneakers wet! It rains so much when we go in the fall. I've started bringing an extra pair socks with me in case my shoes get soaked.

How do you plan or pack or deal with your WDW day when you know you are going to be riding wet rides or its going to rain?
Wear Sandals. :D

N2dru

Yeah, Splash Mountain at the MK is not as soak you to the bone as Splash at Disneyland or Dudley Do Right at IOA. The most water splashed on me was the first turn around the big drop from the water cannons. And even then it was mainly your lap and shirts not even your shoes.

Astro_Digital

I never understood how wearing jeans is hot ?
No I do not die, do not think my legs are getting extremely hot.

In the summer wet season where you can almost count on severe weather everyday, for me no ponchos, just get wet.
I have not melted yet and always had a great time... no crowds ... short lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom