How to handle the Wet and Rain?

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
One of my guilty pleasures is splash mountain but I have a hard time getting my husband to do it. His reasons are understandable. You can end up wet for hours after wards. Sometimes the Florida sun will dry you out sooner and sure you can wear ponchos on the ride but it kinda takes away the fun bit about getting splashed.

I also hate getting my sneakers wet! It rains so much when we go in the fall. I've started bringing an extra pair socks with me in case my shoes get soaked.

How do you plan or pack or deal with your WDW day when you know you are going to be riding wet rides or its going to rain?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I make sure that I don't wear a white shirt that day lol For some reason, every time we would go to Animal Kingdom I would wear a white shirt and sure enough we would be on Kali river rapids and I would get soaked. I usually don't do a poncho with the summer heat. I opt for an umbrella that I throw in my bag instead. Also I usually will wear some type of sandal or a croc flip flop in the park if I know it will include a water ride or my feet getting wet. I tend to switch up my shoes daily also.

Pam

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I’ve ridden Splash Mountain more times than I can count and have never got very wet at all, same with Kali. If it rains then we put on ponchos and make the most of it.

Splash mt is a crapshoot when it comes to getting soaked or not. We were in the front row during a Halloween party. I went as a pirate so heavy eye liner. We got so wet I looked like a drowned raccoon until I could get the the restroom to wipe it all off.

Maelstrom Troll

I usually wear my Chaco sandals to the parks esp if we have rain in the forecast or want to ride SM. They dry really quickly and dont blister my feet even when wet.
For our top halves, we pop our wind breakers on while we’re in queue. The thing I hate about water rides is getting a wet/dirty butt from sitting where everyone has walked with wet shoes. Merch bags make good seat covers 👍

mergatroid

Always have some towels in the car along with a spare t-shirt. It's mainly so I can put a dry t-shirt on and use the towels to sit on so as not to wet the car seats if my shorts are wet.

mmnw

With Splash I usually just turn my body in towards the center of the boat/seatmate’s /relative’s body when the water comes. I’m usually there during the summer months so not awful. It seems like my lower half takes years to dry. I don’t know why. Even if I’m wearing quickdry material. Don’t like that. I always need the support of gym shoes so they do get wet. Sometimes I spray them with a water repellent at home. Some of my gym shoes have a built in repellent.

LUVofDIS

For Splash, when the water level is high and we sit up front we end up looking like we just went swimming in a pool with all of our clothes on. If the level is low and we sit up front we get a little damp to a little wet, the latter if the front of the vehicle is heavily weighted. We only get drizzled on when we sit in the back. The most we have gotten in the back is soaked shorts.

Walt Disney1955

Maybe it is just the Canadian in me and being used to cold winters, but I can't fathom being in Florida in the fall and wearing shoes and socks. It makes me hot just thinking about it. It is always sandals for us, and that is no big deal on a wet ride. Also, Splash Mountain is one of those rides where you usually just get a sprinkle of water on you. If you want to get soaked you go to Islands of Adventures and ride Ripsaw Falls and Bluto's Barges. You WILL get soaked. The worst that can happen on Splash Mountain, in my experience, is at the beginning and that fountain just randomly shoots water up into the sky and it may randomly hit you. Even in that ride you have a 1 in 8 chance of being that person.

Mickey5150

Easiest way to deal with Splash Mountain is to ride it at the end of the night. The ride is a walk on and the only people bothered by you getting wet are the people standing next to you on the bus.

Weather_Lady

I hate wet shoes, too! If I know I'll be going on Splash Mountain (or Kali River Rapids, or if I know it's going to rain), I wear a pair of sturdy hiking sandals (e.g., Tevas). They dry quickly by design, and aren't slippery when wet. If it's really pouring out, I'll wear a plastic rain poncho as well.

As far as clothes for Splash Mountain, if you stick to moisture-wicking "athleisure"-type clothes, you shouldn't stay wet for too long. I've never paid any attention to what I wore on Splash Mountain, and I don't feel like I've ever stayed wet for very long after -- an hour or so if I really got soaked, but certainly not wet "for the rest of the day," and nothing I'd ever avoid the attraction over.

CaptainAmerica

We go back to the room for a break in the middle of the day so we're never dealing with wetness for more than a couple of hours. We all fly with three pairs of sneakers and MANY pairs of socks so that we can rotate and give them lots of time to dry out. If we're looking at a forecast of a full day of rain, we'll wear flip-flops or slides that day.

I skip ponchos entirely. They never keep you fully dry and I'd rather be completely soaked than just sort of damp, especially in the summer.

JIMINYCR

Splash can be hit or miss as far as the wet factor. I always have a baggie with me to put my phone and wallet in so the cash and other things stay dry. I try scoping out the ride car in front of me to see what they get as the ride starts,( getting the residual splash over from the car that plummets down hill) and the water trickle coming in from the rocky side to prepare myself. I try lifting my feet up before the major splash on the downhill plummet to avoid wet shoes. If I do get soaked, I will eventually dry off so I dont worry... Im there to have fun and thats part of the thrill, finding out if youll get wet or not

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom