How to get to Kona Cafe at Poly if not going to MK

Hi All :wave:

We have breakfast reservations at Kona Cafe on a non-park day.
Since we are staying off-site and will be driving, I was just wondering if the way to the Polynesian involved having to pass through the Magic Kingdom entrance, where you pay your parking fee, or is there a separate route marked out to avoid having to do this?

If you do have to go through the Magic Kindgom entrance, would we still have to pay as though we are parking for the park? Or can you just let them know you have a breakfast reservation at a resort?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Enter at the far right side of the MK entrance and tell them you have a reservation at Kona, I'm pretty sure they don't charge for parking.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I was thinking the same thing Monty said but was not sure (we have never stayed off property). Use the same lane as the buses and you should be fine and should not have to pay.

Upvote 0
You can either go through the front entrance (to the far right) and tell them you have a reservation at Kona. They will direct you to the entrance to the Poly Hotel. OR if you come onto the property via Buena Vista Blvd- in front of downtown Disney- turn right on to Bonnet Creek and go in past Fort Wilderness, you can bypass the entrance gate all together. You will be stopped again though at the parking lot to the Poly. You will just need to tell them that you have a reservation at Kona, show them your id, and they will allow you to park! Have fun!!! ºoº

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

You can either go through the front entrance (to the far right) and tell them you have a reservation at Kona. They will direct you to the entrance to the Poly Hotel. OR if you come onto the property via Buena Vista Blvd- in front of downtown Disney- turn right on to Bonnet Creek and go in past Fort Wilderness, you can bypass the entrance gate all together. You will be stopped again though at the parking lot to the Poly. You will just need to tell them that you have a reservation at Kona, show them your id, and they will allow you to park! Have fun!!! ºoº

Very good thinking!!!

Upvote 0

Rob562

I was thinking the same thing Monty said but was not sure (we have never stayed off property). Use the same lane as the buses and you should be fine and should not have to pay.

Just a side note, you should *not* use the extreme-far-right lane (usually separated by cones or other posts), which is reserved strictly for WDW buses (and it's signed as such). Use the second-or-third-from the right lanes.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom