How to get to Access Control?

phenom1307

Original Poster
I was a CP earlier this year and I am going back late December to work again. The problem is my ID is expired and I have to get a new one. The big problem is that I will be traveling by myself and being only 19, I can't rent a car. So does anyone know how I could get to Access Control? I thought about walking there from the contemporary and if anyone stopped me I could show them an e-mail I got from someone at Access Control explaining that I am still a CM but just have to get a new ID. Or use my main gate pass (which still works) at MK then go into the tunnels and get on the bus backstage that takes you to West Clock...but I'm not sure if that will work since they check IDs, even if I show that e-mail. I'm not sure if those will work or any other way to get back there that won't cost me and money. So if anyone else thinks those ideas will work and any other ideas I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Captain Hank

For Campus Reps, Access Control will send the Rep Badges (basically an ID) to Casting. Not sure if they'll do this with regluar IDs, but if they do it would be a simple enough matter of hopping on Resort transporation to DTD and walking across the street. You could try calling Access Control and see if they can do this, or can recommend a different means of getting your ID.

Edit: If you'll be a CP again, and living in CP housing, you could probably hop on the CP bus to MK and just go across the street to DU.

phenom1307

Original Poster
yeah not a CP again...and I emailed someone at Access control and they gave me a # that somebody could call to verify i'm still a CM

phenom1307

Original Poster
linx will be the least expensive.

do you know around how much? and where i can catch one? i remember reading about it in the cast magazine thingy, dont remember the name something with 'ears' in it. and which line i should take to get there?

ImaYoyo

do you know around how much? and where i can catch one? i remember reading about it in the cast magazine thingy, dont remember the name something with 'ears' in it. and which line i should take to get there?
I honestly couldn't tell you; the only lynx bus I've ever taken is the courthouse shuttle to magic games. You could check out their website though.

kcw

I was a CP earlier this year and I am going back late December to work again. The problem is my ID is expired and I have to get a new one. The big problem is that I will be traveling by myself and being only 19, I can't rent a car. So does anyone know how I could get to Access Control? I thought about walking there from the contemporary and if anyone stopped me I could show them an e-mail I got from someone at Access Control explaining that I am still a CM but just have to get a new ID. Or use my main gate pass (which still works) at MK then go into the tunnels and get on the bus backstage that takes you to West Clock...but I'm not sure if that will work since they check IDs, even if I show that e-mail. I'm not sure if those will work or any other way to get back there that won't cost me and money. So if anyone else thinks those ideas will work and any other ideas I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I was in this exact situation a few months ago when I came back to work for a week... not fun... here's what I did though- I flew in at like 2 in the afternoon, and had to work the next morning before Access Control opened so it was even suckier because I only had a short window to get there and get my ID. I was staying at Pop Century though so I just took the busses from there to the MK. When I got to the gate, I gave them my maingate pass and a picture ID (which is valid to get you in at DLR, so I figured it would be no big deal at WDW.... wrong...), I ended up having to explain my whole situation, showed them my old CP ID, (and maybe batted my eyelashes a little ;)), and they let me in. Then I just went down into the tunnels and took the cast bus back to access control.

Sucks not being able to rent a car huh?! Granted you can always just call around to friends and find out who isn't working and can give you a ride- I always feel bad doing that but I ended up having to a few times when I had to be at work earlier than the hotel busses ran! good luck!

phenom1307

Original Poster
I was in this exact situation a few months ago when I came back to work for a week... not fun... here's what I did though- I flew in at like 2 in the afternoon, and had to work the next morning before Access Control opened so it was even suckier because I only had a short window to get there and get my ID. I was staying at Pop Century though so I just took the busses from there to the MK. When I got to the gate, I gave them my maingate pass and a picture ID (which is valid to get you in at DLR, so I figured it would be no big deal at WDW.... wrong...), I ended up having to explain my whole situation, showed them my old CP ID, (and maybe batted my eyelashes a little ;)), and they let me in. Then I just went down into the tunnels and took the cast bus back to access control.

Sucks not being able to rent a car huh?! Granted you can always just call around to friends and find out who isn't working and can give you a ride- I always feel bad doing that but I ended up having to a few times when I had to be at work earlier than the hotel busses ran! good luck!

thats the idea i was thinking about. but they didnt let you in with a picture ID...cause the first day we got maingate passes as a CP before we got the ID, me and my roommate went to DAK and got in with just showing a picture ID. all the lady said was "Oh, you're out of town?" so i just said yeah and we went in lol

phenom1307

Original Poster

did you have to explain anything to anyone to get on the bus when they check your IDs?

phenom1307

Original Poster
nope, they don't check your IDs when going from the tunnels to the cast parking lot

i guess thats just when you get on at the cast lot....i only got on the bus coming from the tunnels and dont remember if they did or not....but i guess they dont

thanks for the help

coasterphil

Park Greeters aren't allowed to let your in with a Maingate and a photo ID. If you explain the situation to a coordinator they might let you in, but don't expect the regular old CM at the turnstile to say its ok with just a regular ID.

phenom1307

Original Poster
Park Greeters aren't allowed to let your in with a Maingate and a photo ID. If you explain the situation to a coordinator they might let you in, but don't expect the regular old CM at the turnstile to say its ok with just a regular ID.

well i've gotten in with just a regualr ID before

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom