How to get pictures when traveling with just two ppl.

kasey1988

Iam traveling with just my dbf, how is the best way to get photos of us together? Will photo pass photographers take a picture with our camera as well as theirs? Or best to ask a stranger?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Photopass will take pictures with your camera. Past that you will need to rely on the kindness and photographic skills of strangers.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

It's no problem. We found people offered to help out all the time, and we did the same for them. Also, at character meets there is always a cast member with the character who is very willing to take photos for you, some even took a couple to make sure they got a good one!

Upvote 0

Lucky

People ask us all the time to take their photos for them.

Either we look like competent photographers, or we look honest enough to not steal their camera and run off.

Upvote 0

RetiredFRN

Don't worry someone will always take a picture for you. When I went by myself in March I swear I was the official picture taker!!! Just look for a lone traveler like I was and say please and cheese!! Have fun!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We have the photopass photographer take our picture with our camera all the time, and sometimes we ask strangers. There are usually friendly people around.

Upvote 0

tarjaybuff

Ask a stranger!

I know that if I see someone taking a pic of their entire family or just significant other that I will offer to take a pic for them. Many people have also offered to do the same for us. No worries. Go enjoy yourself.:wave:

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Don't worry someone will always take a picture for you. When I went by myself in March I swear I was the official picture taker!!! Just look for a lone traveler like I was and say please and cheese!! Have fun!:sohappy:

Haha! This is so true. Whenever I'm in WDW alone whether for a trip, or just a few minutes while the rest of my party is on ToT or something, I always get asked to take photos for people. I also offer if I see a family or couple snapping pictures of each other. It's something special to be able to have everyone in the shot together.

Upvote 0

Kita79

Good to know. I'm a single parent and it will just be me and my daughter and I definitely want to be in some of our photos from our first trip/her 5th birthday vacation.:lol:

Upvote 0

durangojim

Yep, just ask someone who looks friendly and they'll almost always agree to do so, especially if you offer to reciprocate. Also you can get some cool shots by the "stck your arm out" self portrait method.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Don't worry someone will always take a picture for you.

Just no guarantee how the shot will come out.:dazzle: We've had photos not centered, tops of heads cut off etc. Our camera like most now have review/delete features so you can instantly see the photo that's taken and dcide if it's a good shot or needs to be redone by someone more competent.:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

durangojim

Just no guarantee how the shot will come out.:dazzle: We've had photos not centered, tops of heads cut off etc. Our camera like most now have review/delete features so you can instantly see the photo that's taken and dcide if it's a good shot or needs to be redone by someone more competent.:ROFLOL:

True, that's why you look at the pic right after and then ask someone else to take it if the first didn't come out.:shrug:

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

We tend to ask some one with a pretty decent camera, on the principle that they are probably keen or at least competent photographers and will more than likely take a good shot.

Upvote 0
Iam traveling with just my dbf, how is the best way to get photos of us together? Will photo pass photographers take a picture with our camera as well as theirs? Or best to ask a stranger?

Question solved. I will volunteer to be your personal photographer. All you have to do is provide room and tickets, I'll pay for my own meals. :ROFLOL:
Don't worry. It's a magical place in which people are more generous than you think there and will kindly oblige.
:D

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

True, that's why you look at the pic right after and then ask someone else to take it if the first didn't come out.:shrug:

:shrug:Like I said, most cameras have review/delete features and you can decide if the photo needs to be retaken. However I see many guests taking photos with old style cameras that do not have a review/delete feature and they would not see their photo until they get home to have the film cartridge developed.

Upvote 0

38053WDW

I always take pictures for people that I see taking one of them.. I even try to get great shots sothey can remember their visit. It bugs me to see people together and they have to be in seperate pictures. This is just part of my trip of things I like to do and makes me feel good. One year there were four ladies from Japan and they were doing that (only three in pic at a time). They spoke little English but I was able to take group shots for them. Well we ended up seeing each other thoughout the park and I took many a shots for them. My wife thought I was nuts but I guarantee you this .. when they got back to Japan they said some nice things about people over here ( I was in the last pic I took of them :)

Upvote 0

Carolwood

Don't forget about the self timer option on your camera! There are a lot of neat places throughout the parks to set your camera and jump in front of it while using the timer. We've gotten so it's almost a game now to see who can come up the most creative shots using the self timer. And as others have said most strangers and photopass photographers are more than willing to help out.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom