How to "fix" Living Seas

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
If it had to be Nemo themed, I hate that the ride is just a recap of the movie. Actually, in this day and age, I feel that any new ride that is simply a recap of the movie is as lazy as it gets. Especially for a ride in Future World.

Example: Mermaid - it's just a recap that you observe, and it doesn't even properly tell the story.
Radiator Springs Racers, on the other hand, is an entirely new story, and it involves YOU - YOU are actually racing.

They could have had you take a field trip with Mr. Ray through the coral reef. Boom - informative, edutainment, still involves Nemo.

The ride portion of The Seas completely missed the mark....why do we always have to be looking for Nemo. Kids (and adults for that matter) would have been better served with Mr Ray (and the rest of the Finding Nemo cast) educating you about the sea throughout the whole ride portion. The kids would have enjoyed it, because the film characters would have been teaching them something along the way, and we adults (along with being educated too), wouldn't have had to be exposed to the whole "where's Nemo" storyline.

Tom Morrow

Yep. I believe the reasoning was "these scenes are already developed for the Submarine Voyage at DL, we can just copy and paste them here."

Such an entirely half-assed ride. (Not Submarine Voyage, which is great)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom