How to fight post-Disney trip depression?

whitney37354

I just give Disney a rest for a while. After a month or so, I'll work on our Disney scrapbook while listening to Disney music. Then I'll get back on the forums, watch YouTube videos of resorts & rides, & start planning another trip in my head, whether or not we have an actual trip planned or not. I need something to look forward to in life to get through the day to day business of living!

amyfiddle

Got home last night after 7 days non stop including the 24 hour event and I'm wasted. I will say that I was brought to reality as on the plane we at in front of what looked to be a very very ill woman...cancer I'd bet. Plus two family members and a friend all were admitted to hospitals while we were gone. Back to earth. At least I was smart enough to return several days before needing to return to work. Maybe today I'll spend my last few bucks on a foot massage! And then go see Malificent!

dbrWDW

I know the feeling. I spent six days in Disney World last year, and on the fifth day I went back to the Magic Kingdom. I left the park that night knowing that I had one day left to enjoy myself, and I saw fireworks from the park in my rear-view mirror. At that moment, I was on the verge of bawling my eyes out.

The best way I deal with it is keeping in mind that there will always be a next time, and that maybe, next time, I could stay a bit longer. (Plus, I have plenty of pics from my trip that I can look at with nostalgia.) :)

Goofy_guy

I'll have you know that after I left WDW this time last year I only cried from that point til now :p.
Seriously though its been a year since I last went and its hitting me harder now then it did when I was actually leaving the park. For me reading other peoples stories from their experiences makes me feel like I'm sharing in their happiness and being there with them so that helps me a little bit

Chef Mickey

I thought about this more and after a Memorial Day trip, I am going through the same thing.

I've concluded the only thing you can do is plan another trip and go back.

Maelstrom Troll

I read the forums, collect a couple of pieces of memorabilia, read the guide books, read food reviews, watch ride vids, and enjoy the anticipation of another trip. I have another 184 days to go :)

Goofy_guy

I'll be honest the more I think about it sometimes, being on this site (a whole 24 hours almost :p) just makes the feeling worse making me want to go more and more :p

cosmicray

It'll be a year ago tomorrow (June 4th) that I last visited WDW (at Epcot).....I only live an hour and 1/2 away, but financially its been impossible for a while....Hard to cope lol but being on here helps a lot.

seahawk7

We suffer the same thing, the only way I have managed to address it is by booking our next trip every time we get home. The first week is usually ok but then it really hits as you're back in day to day routine.
I also find this works. I leave WDW in 3 days and I'm already planning my next visit home.

WDWResort

I have hours of Disney Parks BGM that I just keep on in the background, usually helps with it. I tend to drink water from resort mugs, put popcorn in Disney Parks souvenir buckets, wearing my WDW sweatpants usually works too. I tend to keep a traveling Disney Parks coffee mug with me everywhere I go, filled with either water or coffee. I surround myself with the parks, if I'm not listening to Disney Parks music on iTunes, I have the record player playing original recordings of FANTASIA, MARY POPPINS, EPCOT CENTER OST, SONG OF THE SOUTH, CLASSIC DISNEY SONGS that sort.

How can I forget books! Art of Disney books tend to get my mind off reality. I can't wait for the new Marc Davis book to come out.

Mista C

I live in South Florida, so we go about twice a year, but it still always hurts when we leave. We were there two weeks ago, and we checked in to the POFQ on a Sunday afternoon. We never go to a park on our check-in day, we just hang around the resort and go to DTD for dinner. But while my wife was in the room unpacking, my six year old daughter and I were strolling around the grounds. We were standing in the courtyard just outside of the main lobby between the food court and the gift shop, just taking in the sights and being excited that we just checked-in less than an hour ago. My daughter asked me what my favorite part of a Disney trip was and I said "This exact moment right now... when you have just checked-in, your trip has just started, and you have the entire 4 days ahead of you. You're excited for everything that you are going to be doing and you have not even used your first night yet. This is my favorite part of a Disney trip". On the morning of our check-out day, we were both standing in the exact same spot as we were on the first day and my daughter said to me "Dad, this is right where we were standing on our first day when we were talking about the trip just beginning and now it's ending". Disney trips go by so fast that they seem to end just as they are beginning.

JillC LI

I'm still on a high from being in Disneyland last week. I just completed our Shutterfly photo album, and people are still asking about my vacation so I still get to talk about it. That will all pass soon, though, and I'll be sad about not having another specific Disney trip on the horizon. Probably won't get back to WDW until 2016. I'm excited about other vacation plans for 2015, but I'll still miss Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom