How to fight post-Disney trip depression?

dbrWDW

I'm curious: for those of you that live close to Disney World (or Disneyland, for that matter), do you still deal with this sort of depression after leaving? I ask because I would imagine that if you're within a close distance to the park, leaving doesn't feel as bad as someone going back to their home state (or country).

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
I got back yesterday after a week and I'm already sad but counting down the 27 days until we return.

I'm curious: for those of you that live close to Disney World (or Disneyland, for that matter), do you still deal with this sort of depression after leaving? I ask because I would imagine that if you're within a close distance to the park, leaving doesn't feel as bad as someone going back to their home state (or country).

@dbrWDW according to the post @LAKid53 left, I don't think they can manage to get depressed. And if they do... it's only for around a month. Pshh. But to be perfectly honest, if I lived that close, I'd be an Annual Passholder as well, and visit that often, too.

Mista C

ABSOLUTELY! I live in Fort Lauderdale and it's exactly a 3 hour drive from my driveway to the parking lot of the POFQ. We were just there 2 weeks ago for my daughter's 6th birthday and I still have the blues hard. Even though I live so close, we still only go once a year right now. Sometimes we may squeeze in a quick second trip, but that's it. Now granted, we do always say that we're lucky that we don't live half way across the country, because the option is always there to jump in the car and run up for a day or two, but that does not happen too often. Plus it doesn't help that my wife is not a "Disney Person". She will go with my daughter and I once a year and have a good time, but she is not a fanatic like we are. I am already thinking about an early-November trip though! Now my parents, who are in their early 70's, also live in Fort Lauderdale, and they have been AP holders since the 80's. They still go about 3 times a year. And they still get the blues after every trip.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@dbrWDW according to the post @LAKid53 left, I don't think they can manage to get depressed. And if they do... it's only for around a month. Pshh. But to be perfectly honest, if I lived that close, I'd be an Annual Passholder as well, and visit that often, too.

As I am an AP, I go every month or so. Now that I am also a DVC member, I can indulge my obsession by owning a piece of Disney real estate, too. :happy:

jakeman

sedatives, alcohol and casual violence.
sometimesalcoholistheanswer_thumbnail.gif

mikeh

I'm in the extreme minority, but I'm able to watch Wishes from my house every night and hear the Electrical Light Parade. I would go every night after work if I could and I'm sad when I can't

MMlvr

I love the fact that I have found a group of people that feel the same way. I've always told my DH that there must be something wrong with us, we're obsessed with the place. We also book and start the count down for the next trip while were there. We watch the movies, search the travel channel and will even visit the Disney store at the local mall to get a fix, someone help!!!!
It's an addiction. It truely is the best vacation ever !!!

Goofyernmost

The one surefire way to avoid post Disney Trip Depression is not to go in the first place. That way all you have to do is deal with the no trip planned depression and dealing with one is much easier the dealing with two.

Graham9

I tend to go WDW cold turkey. I take a lot of photos and vids and spend several months after the trip editing them up and that is how I relive the experience. Once done, I file them away and switch off Disney - because thinking about it causes depression of which there is no real cure (alcohol only makes it worse).

The only real cure is to go back. If/when we can afford to go and pencilled in a date, that's when the photos come out and the vids are played, web sites are trawled through for latest info, bargains, updates. When it is confirmed we are coming and deposits paid, then we look at passports, luggage, what we did last time, what we missed and start putting together an itinerary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom