How to Be Like Walt -- cool book

prberk

Original Poster
Found an amazing book at Barnes and Noble last week, thought I would share it here. I read parts of it, and it was very good. Lots of personal things about Walt and his habits/manners/thoughts/ways to treat others that were neat stories or thoughts.

Anyone else seen it?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...25/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/103-3817835-7688619

Very good Christmas present for true Disney fans. It is relatively new (last year, I think)....

Paul

Attachments

• Like Walt.jpg
    Like Walt.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 260

prberk

Original Poster
ImaginEAR said:
Sounds cool! I'll try to find it next time I'm there... Some snotty CMs sure could use it...

Wow, I wasn't even thinking of that! But if the shoe fits... :lol: :lookaroun

But, anyway, good book. Very uplifting. And more insightful than I thought it would be when I picked it up. Now I just need to buy it and stop reading it for long stretches in the bookstore! :lol:

Anyone here seen it before, or own it?

barnum42

Bringing this thread back from the past as I have now read this book after your recommendation Paul.

An enjoyable read, with a different slant on it. One gripe - I did not like the author trying to push his religious beliefs on the reader. Other than that a good book for any of the Walt fans.

Cliff

That's right,...it's a GREAT book!

Books like this aren't usually my type ( I'm normally found reading highly technical geeky stuff ) but I bought this book and couldn't put it down.

I recommend it highly. I can say that it changed my view of Walt a bit,....and maybe it changed my view of my life just a bit too.

If a guy can fail that much and still have the heart to keep trying and trying,.....maybe we can all have a little more of that in us?

Excellent book!

CT

dandaman

I got "How to Be Like Walt" for Christmas (2005, it seems I have to specify, given the thread's age :lol: ). I've barely even started it, but it's an awesome insight to Walt's entire life. I bought it for myself at the Disneyland exhibit an the Henry Ford, but I'm sure they still sell it elsewhere. :wave:

prberk

Original Poster
Good to hear everyone's responses. Yeah, I thought this book was a little different than the normal takes on Disney's life.

Not scholarly or unopinionated by any stretch, but at least something new, I thought. I liked it. It also makes the type of book that you can put down for a while, and pick up later... even maybe reading a whole different part.

(Kind of like this thread...) :lol:

Paul

Disney_Belle

I went to barnes & noble the other day and my phone started ringing so i kind of slid into an aisle to turn my phone off and i just happened to look up and there was the book "How to be like Walt":sohappy: so of course i bought it i have been looking for it for a while... haven't started reading it yet but i am excited!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom