How strict are the CMs in TDL and TDS about filming

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
I was quite surprised to find on nearly every ride description on the resorts official website, the sentence: "Please don't take photos or videos during the ride". Actually I was shattered because I definitely want to film JttCotE and about everything else ihn both parks. You will find tons of videos of these and other rides on Youtube so I wanted to know, how strict are the CMs in both parks about following these, IMHO quite unacceptable, rules.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
So wait, being told you cant take pictures or film videos is unacceptable? Since when is abiding by the rules a bad thing? Also, most of the videos you see on YouTube are done by people that run actual theme park accounts and probably got permission to film.

GiveMeTheMusic

I was quite surprised to find on nearly every ride description on the resorts official website, the sentence: "Please don't take photos or videos during the ride". Actually I was shattered because I definitely want to film JttCotE and about everything else ihn both parks. You will find tons of videos of these and other rides on Youtube so I wanted to know, how strict are the CMs in both parks about following these, IMHO quite unacceptable, rules.

I doubt you'd be interrupted from filming on an attraction - there are plenty of YouTube videos of the rides there. I would recommend not filming your first time through though - soak up the actual experience for your first time instead of viewing it through a screen.

They're very active about stopping you during shows. A friend of mine was nicely asked in perfect English to please stop filming the Country Bears.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
That's strange, I filmed the Country Beae Christmas show. The Mermaid Lagoon Theater is where I see them actively looking for recording cameras. Also during some preshows like the Nemo and Friends SeaRider.

I've filmed Journey to the Center of the Earth with no issue. Other rides I've filmed with out any issue were Thunder Mountain, Monsters Inc, Pooh's Hunny Hunt just to name a few.

Are you planning on using a GoPro?

Last edited:

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
That's strange, I filmed the Country Beae Christmas show. The Mermaid Lagoon Theater is where I see them actively looking for recording cameras. Also during some preshows like the Nemo and Friends SeaRider.
I've filmed Journey to the Center of the Earth with no issue. Other rides I've filmed with out any issue were Thunder Mountain, Monsters Inc, Pooh's Hunny Hunt just to name a few.
Are you planning on using a GoPro?

I am still considering, so far I had only a Sony HD camcorder but after I saw a lot of videos which were shot with a GoPro I am thinking about purchasing one for extreme thrill rides, water rides like Splash Mt. and Rapid rides, water parks etc. But if we really go to Toyko (we are thinking about it because of the very low ticket rates for the flight) then I would film JttCotE with a new purchased low-light camcorder anyway.

Absimilliard

I am still considering, so far I had only a Sony HD camcorder but after I saw a lot of videos which were shot with a GoPro I am thinking about purchasing one for extreme thrill rides, water rides like Splash Mt. and Rapid rides, water parks etc. But if we really go to Toyko (we are thinking about it because of the very low ticket rates for the flight) then I would film JttCotE with a new purchased low-light camcorder anyway.

Taking pictures in the indoor waiting lines were a no-no. I was allowed a courtesy picture at TOT and Journey to the Center of the Earth before I was told not to take pictures. I can't imagine filming videos would go any better!

the-reason14

I noticed they were very strict with taking videos or pictures, but also to take your backpacks off before you get to the loading gate. They have a lot of extra CMs around the park in general, more than I've seen at any other Disney parks. The type of extra CMs you see in WDW that are there for crowd control during parades, are just there during the day. But as far as filming, I was told "no pictures please" during the first pre-show of the tower of terror. I did film JTCOTE but I had camera glasses.

SweetDuffy101

Pictures and Videos are allowed in some terms, you need to be a media to shoot a video on rides and shows, you need to have a permission from a cast member and lastly most press preview are only allowed on weekdays, TV networks or any media coverage are not allowed to film on weekends on the parks. Big Band Beat and Mermaid Lagoon taking Videos are strictly prohibited and Out of shadowland too,

Edward M

In Japan, the rules are strictly followed. If someone tells you not to film, don't film. I took pictures on rides like Sinbad and Pooh, those that are slow and brightly lit. However, keep the cameras off thrill rides and dark rides. Even if no one stops you, try not to be rude with your camera. We've all seen "that person" on Haunted Mansion with the highest brightness on their phone and the flash on. Don't be that person.

Larry Mondello

Well I didn't look at the website, I didn't read the brochures, and I took video's of everything without any problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom