How quickly do runDisney events sell out?

Mgn240

Original Poster
Officially registered for the 10k!

Interestingly, room selection is actually better now than it was a few weeks ago. Music and Sports both have standard available, Sports and Movies have preferred. CS also has standard (non-tower) rooms available for booking now. Think I'm just going to stick with Sports though, I'm excited to try something new and I think the theming at the property will be a good fit for a runDisney visit. The only thing that would possibly tempt me to switch is if Pop/AoA LM came up, just because of the novelty of the Skyliner- but I've already stayed at Pop (post-renovation) and I'm staying at AoA LM next month, so I may just keep Sports because it's a new experience for me.

Last edited:

Mgn240

Original Poster
My thread isn't completely up to date (need to do that) but the 5k/10k often sell out within a day or two of going up for sale. If you think you will do the event, then register the day it goes live. And as close to the go live time as possible. If you wait, you may miss out and need to end up booking via a travel agent or run for a charity.

I just checked back on the runDisney site and it appears the 10k is sold out. Not sure how long it took, but it's only been about 5 1/2 hours since the on-sale time.

ppete1975

They aren't as popular as the were a few years ago. I did tried to do the 5k and half in 2014. I had 2 browsers open and was having some issues with timeouts. I was able to get into the half but it sold out in like 30 mins and didn't even get into the 5k. And I was ready right when the bibs were avail Now you can wait a bit and some don't sell out, Its fun, and you should def do it. Not sure about the 10k but the party at epcot after the half is amazing (or was then), you got free reign of the food and wine vendors and also the rides with no lines due to an after hours thing they used to do. Not sure if they still do that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom