How paid parking affects DVC members

MarkTwain

Original Poster
Any word on this yet? I've read elsewhere that it sounds like DVC members won't be charged staying at their own resort, but not sure if it's true or not.

Any idea if members would be charged visiting another resort? We can only do the parks so many times, so we pad out a lot of days by, for example, booking a reservation at Sanaa or Jiko and then exploring the rest of the DAK lodge. Obviously having to pay to park anytime we visit a new resort would kill that plan.

Just curious if anyone had any insight on this! I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere but a quick search hasn't revealed anything...

correcaminos

DVC has already stated this on the DVC site:

Walt Disney World Resort hotel parking

Effective for reservations made on March 21, 2018 and thereafter, Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel will be charged for standard overnight self-parking.

Similar to Disney Vacation Club Resorts in California and Hawaii, Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Disney Vacation Club Members who wish to shop, dine or enjoy activities for the day at a Disney Resort hotel are not subject to the overnight self-parking fee. Charges for valet parking will still apply.

That's from my "messages" on the DVC site. You should see it too. So no, we won't pay for parking at our resort. We pay for maintenance of the parking lots with our dues though so they can't double charge us for it. That's why we don't pay at DLR when staying or Aulani as well. So we're good for our overnight stays at resorts and day visits as well.

From my understanding...DVC members do NOT have to pay for parking at any resort.
Only DVC villas on cash or points or any other Disney resort on points. If you are staying at a value or moderate and paid with cash you would pay parking.

MarkTwain

Original Poster
DVC has already stated this on the DVC site:

Walt Disney World Resort hotel parking

Effective for reservations made on March 21, 2018 and thereafter, Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel will be charged for standard overnight self-parking.

Similar to Disney Vacation Club Resorts in California and Hawaii, Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Disney Vacation Club Members who wish to shop, dine or enjoy activities for the day at a Disney Resort hotel are not subject to the overnight self-parking fee. Charges for valet parking will still apply.

That's from my "messages" on the DVC site. You should see it too. So no, we won't pay for parking at our resort. We pay for maintenance of the parking lots with our dues though so they can't double charge us for it. That's why we don't pay at DLR when staying or Aulani as well. So we're good for our overnight stays at resorts and day visits as well.

Only DVC villas on cash or points or any other Disney resort on points. If you are staying at a value or moderate and paid with cash you would pay parking.

Good to know, thanks! That's reassuring to hear.

correcaminos

Good to know, thanks! That's reassuring to hear.

Glad to help! I'm just glad this is one thing we cannot pay. Resort fees are another that shouldn't affect us either if that rumor comes true as well. Some things we already pay for (like how we got free wi-fi when others paid for it) so we're safe.

nickys

Premium Member
Nope. If staying on points you will not have to pay for parking.

Even so, it would be a really bad idea to do that. You'd be better off renting the points out and paying cash for the hotel room. There would be money left over to pay the parking fee.

VYPUR

Any word on this yet? I've read elsewhere that it sounds like DVC members won't be charged staying at their own resort, but not sure if it's true or not.

Any idea if members would be charged visiting another resort? We can only do the parks so many times, so we pad out a lot of days by, for example, booking a reservation at Sanaa or Jiko and then exploring the rest of the DAK lodge. Obviously having to pay to park anytime we visit a new resort would kill that plan.

Just curious if anyone had any insight on

Just curious if anyone had any insight on this! I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere but a quick search hasn't revealed anything...
A friend of mine was at WDW last week and he was told that Disney has changed their mind about charging anyone for parking because of the backlash. I haven’t seen a official word yet thou.

nickys

Premium Member
A friend of mine was at WDW last week and he was told that Disney has changed their mind about charging anyone for parking because of the backlash. I haven’t seen a official word yet thou.

By a CM presumably? A bus driver perhaps? :rolleyes:

I'd be very surprised if they back-tracked. They might think twice before introducing a resort fee though.

slappy magoo

The Disney website specifies that the parking fee is for "overnight parking." So if you're not a DVC member...or a DVC member who is currently not staying at a DVC resort...you can still visit other resorts, make dinner reservations, etc. But at your resort, you'll pay for parking for each night you stay.

nickys

Premium Member
If you're a DVC member staying at a DVC resort, you won't pay for parking even if you're not using points but paying outright for the room.

Yes but this was your previous post, to which I was replying:

. If you're staying at a regular resort, even if (for some reason) you're using DVC points to do it, pretty sure you'll pay for parking.

To which the answer is very clear, as quoted by @helenabear. In other words, no you won't.

correcaminos

Has anyone stayed at a DVC using rented points after 3/21 and confirmed that they were not charged for parking?

I'm an owner but I can tell you by the way it's written renters will not be charged for parking. A points stay is paying for the maintenance of the parking lot with MFs. So any point stay and guests of point stays will not be charged.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom