How often do you go to Disney?

How often do you go to Disney?

• Total voters

donaldtoo

On average, once about every 2.5 yrs. to WDW (not including my 5 DL trips) since our first family trip in ‘01.
‘01, ‘03, ‘07, ‘08, ‘12, ‘13, and ‘16.
We had another WDW trip booked for this coming October for our baby granddaughters 1st birthday, but, after pricing it all out, even her parents thought it was ridiculous (our 3 kiddos were raised big Disney fans, BTW). Looked at Europe, as oldest DD and SonIL (GDs parents) have been twice, but decided it could wait ‘til next year.
Finally settled on our 3rd Carnival cruise. All were priced for week-long trips. The Carnival Vista out of Galveston (which we can easily drive to) to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel won, hands down...no contest. Was less than half of the WDW trip, and even Europe was 2K less.
We still love us some Disney, and our GD will get there eventually, but, with the crazy pricing and having to drop that kinda’ money, it’ll be when she’s old enough to have some of her own memories.
Until then, she’ll be checkin’ out a bit of the rest of the world...!!! ;)

justintheharris

Original Poster
On average, once about every 2.5 yrs. to WDW (not including my 5 DL trips) since our first family trip in ‘01.
‘01, ‘03, ‘07, ‘08, ‘12, ‘13, and ‘16.
We had another WDW trip booked for this coming October for our baby granddaughters 1st birthday, but, after pricing it all out, even her parents thought it was ridiculous (our 3 kiddos were raised big Disney fans, BTW). Looked at Europe, as oldest DD and SonIL (GDs parents) have been twice, but decided it could wait ‘til next year.
Finally settled on our 3rd Carnival cruise. All were priced for week-long trips. The Carnival Vista out of Galveston (which we can easily drive to) to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel won, hands down...no contest. Was less than half of the WDW trip, and even Europe was 2K less.
We still love us some Disney, and our GD will get there eventually, but, with the crazy pricing and having to drop that kinda’ money, it’ll be when she’s old enough to have some of her own memories.
Until then, she’ll be checkin’ out a bit of the rest of the world...!!! ;)
Ya know, I've lived 40 minutes from Disney my entire life. I must say I'm a little bummed that my first trip to Disney was when I was 5 months old so obviously I can't remember anything about it. I do have some videos of me at Disney when I was a toddler though. I really loved the Electrical Light Parade and I saw it in its run that ended in... the early 2000s. I'm not a parade expert so I don't know the year but it had to have been no later than 2004

Scott10

We were once a year from 2003-2012. Haven't returned since as our oldest is a first year in college. Have been beach goers for the past few years, but would love to take our youngest daughter for one more trip, but the rising costs certainly makes it difficult to bring to fruition.

jaklgreen

I go twice a year. Once at the end of the school year with my girls(we usually hit the cruise then too). And a solo trip during the F&WF. Stay at least 2 weeks each trip.

C&D

My frequency is also not represented. We go generally twice a year (and live in S.C.; 7 hour drive). Are Vacation Club members, Annual Pass Holders and frequent Disney cruisers. Not bragging (just Disney enthusiasts).

HouCuseChickie

Between the mid 80s to mid 90s...it was once a year.

In the mid 90s, my family moved to FL, so it was multiple times per year.

In the late 90s, I moved away from FL and after one 1998 trip with DH, we decided to take trips inspired by things we like at WDW and took a 12.5 year break (unless you count us popping into DTD at DLR during that time).

In Dec 2010, we started taking our kids and were going at least once a year (WDW and DLR).

Late Dec 2017 (after 8 days at WDW), we decided it's time for another lengthy break. While there's always the chance we could pop into Disney Springs or a WDW resort for a meal, we don't plan to go back until at least summer 2021...maybe push it to summer 2022.

After that, we plan to continue lengthy breaks between visits.

Starfan82

I Live in Northeast PA. but I would go as often as I could! I have been fortunate enough to visit WDW 16 times in my lifetime (12 times since 2001). My DW and I purchased our first Annual Passes during our trip last August and I went back in September 2018 and December 2018. I am hoping to get in two trips this year (May and July) before our AP's expire in August.

JillC LI

If it were completely up to me we would go every year, during the Christmas season. However, my wife says we have to start seeing other things around the world so looks like it will be every other year. Although things worked out for us to go twice this year because I found a conference being held at the GF. ;)
We try to alternate years - one year a Disney Park trip, one year somewhere else in the world. We've been all throughout the US including many National Parks, to the Caribbean, to the Canadian Rockies, to South Africa, and much of Europe as a result. I highly support your wife's approach.

disneygeek90

I don't usually go every other day specifically, but 1-2 times a week is pretty typical. I live 15 mins away. When I lived in other various parts of Florida, I would try for at least one trip a month.

James J

In the Parks
No
Being from the UK, my last few trips have had two or three years in between them in 2013, 2015 and 2018. However, after swearing we wouldn't go back this year for our honeymoon, exactly that has happened and we booked the trip two days ago :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom