How much would you pay to spend one night in the castle?

Creekboy25

That would be so wrong. It would mean only really rich people could afford it, and although everything Disney costs money, I don't think that would be in the Disney spirit at all.

Make a Wish is a non-profit organization that gives children with cancer or similar conditions the opportunity to have a wish granted. Many of the children choose a Disney World Trip as their wish, what would be more magical for them than staying in Cinderalla's own dig.

It has nothing to do with rich people at all, it is for giving these special children something to smile about and a week of happiness.

radiohost

Original Poster
Make a Wish is a non-profit organization that gives children with cancer or similar conditions the opportunity to have a wish granted. Many of the children choose a Disney World Trip as their wish, what would be more magical for them than staying in Cinderalla's own dig.

It has nothing to do with rich people at all, it is for giving these special children something to smile about and a week of happiness.

Make a Wish is a FANTASTIC organization that does alot of good...I am proud to donate money to them every time..

But just bc my child isnt sick, does that disqualify them from getting the oppurtunity to stay there???

Creekboy25

Make a Wish is a FANTASTIC organization that does alot of good...I am proud to donate money to them every time..

But just bc my child isnt sick, does that disqualify them from getting the oppurtunity to stay there???

Very good point, I suppose they could give the Make-A-Wishers first priority, then do the rest by a lottery system. Perhaps a sword in the stone type deal, if you are the one that pulls the sword out of the stone, then your family gets to stay. Honestly it just would not be fair to put a price on it, the demand would be to high.

~Dawson

radiohost

Original Poster
The question I originally asked wasnt "should they put a price on it"

It was "How much would you pay to stay there IF YOU WANTED TO"

It seemed interesting to me what the amount of money people would pay to stay there....Thats all. They prob wont put a price on it, I dont really care....If you are willing to spend $100 bucks, would you pay it???
If you had a $1000, would you pay it???? IMO, I would....just for the experience of it, the idea just seems cool to me IMO....

Oh, and the whole Make-a-Wish thing would be incredible!!! Although I dont believe it would be good for the castle to be reserved just for the organization...Make A Wish is a FANTASTIC organization, I loved working with them this passd summer in the CP...Those smiles are priceless!!!Radiohost:cool:

Space Mountain

Sorry if this has been mentioned anywhere, but the Disneyparks.com website claims the approximate retail value of the Castle Suite stay is $587.

Tim G

I wouldn't pay a dime for sleeping in there...

I'd rather sleep at home in my own bedroom in my own castle... :lookaroun

and about the charity thing... I make my donations to many good organizations every year...

GTIDMB

I think they could rotate between auctioning it off for the night, using it for Make-A-Wish, and doing what they're doing now (randomly giving it away). The money they make from the auction could be used for some charity. I'd consider paying money for it if it was a special occasion such as a honeymoon. Actually, another good idea would be to give it to honeymooners. However, that's already happened for me, so I guess that's a no-go. It does seem like a cool idea, but like some of you have alreay said, it's just a hotel room that you're going to spend most of your time sleeping anyway.

FantasMickeyM

That would be so wrong. It would mean only really rich people could afford it, and although everything Disney costs money, I don't think that would be in the Disney spirit at all.

:confused: What..? :lookaroun This thread is called "How much would you pay to spend one night in the castle?" that's what I was talking about. It wouldn't be right if Disney charged lots and lots of money to let people stay in Cinderella Castle so that only rich people could afford it.

cmatt

nothing - i find the decor to be a bit garish for my tastes.... i prefer minimalistic....

although i do like that hot tub..... ;)

hokielutz

The question I originally asked wasnt "should they put a price on it"

It was "How much would you pay to stay there IF YOU WANTED TO"

It seemed interesting to me what the amount of money people would pay to stay there....Thats all. They prob wont put a price on it, I dont really care....If you are willing to spend $100 bucks, would you pay it???
If you had a $1000, would you pay it???? IMO, I would....just for the experience of it, the idea just seems cool to me IMO....

:cool:

I'd pay $2000 for one night there. It would be the most money I spend next to my car and my house (and believe me $2000 for one night is a real stretch)... but it would be worth it just for the memories.

hokielutz

I think they could rotate between auctioning it off for the night, using it for Make-A-Wish, and doing what they're doing now (randomly giving it away). The money they make from the auction could be used for some charity. I'd consider paying money for it if it was a special occasion such as a honeymoon. Actually, another good idea would be to give it to honeymooners. However, that's already happened for me, so I guess that's a no-go. It does seem like a cool idea, but like some of you have alreay said, it's just a hotel room that you're going to spend most of your time sleeping anyway.

Maybe in the randomly giving a night a way... maybe it should be randomly given away to some are wed at Disney as a special surprise. Let's say that every wedding that is booked through Disney enters the couples in a lottery for a one night stay. But the couple won't know until after their wedding if they are spending their first night in Cinderella's castle? Its possible...

ryguy

You are all crazy if you think Disney after this year is going to keep giving it away as a promotion. You can't bank on the fact that it will be rented out on a nightly basis. Disney always take advantage on a opportunity to make a buck. The only time they give things away is if they feel they made a goof. I would imagine they can get a pretty hefty price a night, for me $2000.00 would be my max.

Camille59

Zero. Zilch. Nada.

I can't even imagine it being a fun time. Seriously!

Locked in a room after the park is closed? For what? To watch TV in the castle? :veryconfu

Nope...not my kinda gig!

In fact, I think the whole thign kinda cheapens the castle and steals a ton of magic from the icon. :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to leaving things to the imagination?

I have to agree with Brer and others. So many variables that it's not even on my wish list. Who's going to have fun locked in a room when the park is empty, not much freedom. They'd have to pay me to stay the night, however I'd be willing to make a charitable donation to Make A Wish or Give Kids the Future to take a look inside and see the view of Main Street USA at night from the castle!:animwink:
Wouldn't be fun to be there on special event nights like GradNite, Night of Joy, Christmas & Halloween parties:(!! What if you want to rest in the middle of a scorching summer day? Is it soundproof and come with light blocking drapery? Where's the nearest hot tub or pool? What about internet access and all the other ammenties that resorts have available standard?:confused:

Spring Breeze

I'd Only Pay Perhaps $155 a night. no more. it seems awesome to look towards MK but it would be creepy to be all alone in a deserted park. i'd rather be surronded by the guests. feel part of it

chupamiubre

it is valued at $850 per night my friend who works for dream squad has given it away a few times.

so its not too much but not cheap by any means

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom