How much would it cost to 'hire' the Magic Kingdom for a night?

hooters dude

Banned
Original Poster
Hi there, I seem to remember seeing somewhere that Michael Jackson had been known to hire the MK for some evenings for private parties. This apparently included all the attractions being open :eek:

I was just wondering (not that I could afford it) what it might cost for a fully functioning MK for say 6 hours after park closing :shrug:. It would be nice for a precise answer, but as I probably won't get that I thought it would be fun for some of the 'knowledgeable' to estimate. Others can join in too :animwink:

DBF John

Michael Jackson hired Disneyland not MK, but any how I think I remember hearing it was at least $100,000, and that was about 20 years ago, as for WDW-MK these days, I think you'd be looking at $250,000 minium, just as a guess.

rbrower

Hi Miley!
:ROFLOL:
:lol:
I don't imagine that she had to pay anything to rent it out due to the fact that it seemed to become one large promotion. :shrug:
I also think that it would be a lot easier to rent out one of the parks if you were a well known celebrity, although, as long as you have the money to pay for it, it might not make that large of a difference. :shrug:

DBF John

Lets do it

If we get 1,000 members, thats only $250 each

I just check the members list, there are over 52000 people, that would make it only about 5 bucks, how cool could it be 50000 people that really wanted to be there together, talk about your 'Magical Gathering'

rbrower

thanks

:wave::lol:
No problem. :)

*cough*I can be quite the comedian when I want to be*cough*
:lookaroun

I think that you should have a sitcom with lots of guest stars. :lookaroun

Back to the original point, I wonder if they would even let you rent it out if you didn't have a specific link to the company or if you weren't a big name in the entertainment industry, or a different big industry? :shrug:

hpyhnt 1000

Back to the original point, I wonder if they would even let you rent it out if you didn't have a specific link to the company or if you weren't a big name in the entertainment industry, or a different big industry? :shrug:

Hm, thats a good question. Probably not, but if you were willing to pay... :shrug:

Here's an idea. Y'know how Disney was too shortsighted to market and celebrate Epcot's 25th like they should have? Well, if the 40th Anniversary rolls around and Disney isn't doing much of anything, then we (Disney fans) should pool our money together and rent the park out for a day. So Disney, you won't celebrate your anniversary? Okay then, we'll do it for you! ;) :lol:

I know, I know, this won't happen, but still, its a nice idea... :eek:

rbrower

Hm, thats a good question. Probably not, but if you were willing to pay... :shrug:

Here's an idea. Y'know how Disney was too shortsighted to market and celebrate Epcot's 25th like they should have? Well, if the 40th Anniversary rolls around and Disney isn't doing much of anything, then we (Disney fans) should pool our money together and rent the park out for a day. So Disney, you won't celebrate your anniversary? Okay then, we'll do it for you! ;) :lol:

Sounds like a great idea to me. :lol:
I don't think that the other park guests would be too happy that the park was rented out for the day though. :lookaroun

Eyekimore

Someone that I know told me they rent out a water park for the day. I can't remember the cost- but it was under $5,000. I was shocked! They have a family party and all chip in!

techiegsy

If we all chip in, sure... We'd need to get some banners printed to hang up somewhere... how 'bout on SSE...

And just think how tidy it would be... and how considerate the guests would be, not that most day guests aren't, just there are always those wise guys/gals... A day in theme park fanboy bliss, Why not...

Are tours included, I wanna see restricted areas... :drevil:

Just your average Joe can rent it for $40,000. 12 Midnight to 3am. Disney stipulates which rides will be open.

We looked into it when we got married a couple of years ago but decided that the Swan/Dolphin would be $35,000 cheaper:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom