How much will open in 2012

mikewdw

Original Poster
How much of the FLE will open in 2012 and when in 2012 will it open? We are thinking of the Disney Cruise next year but if most of the FLE will be open we might go back to WDW instead of cruise. Any timeline, (i know there is probably not an official timeline/date) or planned opening dates (even a season, spring, summer). any info appreciated
mikewdw

kap91

I think the general consensus is that batb, little mermaid, and dumbo will be done early next year. However I have heard some rumors that the opening of mermaid and batb will be delayed quite a while due to construction on the mine coaster. No idea how true those rumors are though.

raven

Here are the tentative opening dates for 2012:

Enchanted Tables with Belle October 2012

The Voyage of the Little Mermaid October 2012

Dumbo the Flying Elephant October 2012

The Great Goofini October 2012

Fantasyland Station October 2012

Be Our Guest (Dining) October 2012

Gaston's Tavern (Quick Serve) October 2012

Remember these are not set in stone so don't plan any trips around it just yeat because it's still too far off in the future to know for sure.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Remember these are not set in stone so don't plan any trips around it just yeat because it's still too far off in the future to know for sure.

anything else coming to storybook circus?

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

MAF

I heard a rumor that the Circus area will be completed and open much quicker than the other parts.

Oh and I know this has probably been asked a million times, but what are they putting in the area where the old Dumbo was? Is that the area for the new "coaster"?

NewfieFan

I heard a rumor that the Circus area will be completed and open much quicker than the other parts.

Oh and I know this has probably been asked a million times, but what are they putting in the area where the old Dumbo was? Is that the area for the new "coaster"?

The new castle wall pretty much goes through the middle of it, I believe. It will separate the "castle courtyard" and the "fantasy forest" just outside.

dave&di

We've booked for September 2012, one month out! :cry: So won't see anything till next visit in 2014! :cry::cry::cry:

DocMcHulk

That's not for sure yet. I have been told the expansion is 6 months ahead of schedule.

I have no info on the timeline with regards to the BatB and TLM areas, but that would seem reasonable considering how fast the exterior work is being completed. The buildings are enclosed, I would think they could start interior work.

In my own biased way, i hope they do run 6 months ahead since I will be there in May of 2012 :)

Lee

Adventurer
Unless something has changed, Storybook Circus is scheduled to open in phases between April and September next year. Mermaid and BatB area shortly after.
Haven't heard about them being significantly ahead of schedule.

WDW_Emily

Unless something has changed, Storybook Circus is scheduled to open in phases between April and September next year. Mermaid and BatB area shortly after.
Haven't heard about them being significantly ahead of schedule.

Here's to hoping Storybook Circus opens a month earlier then scheduled. Will be there March 2012.

Thanks for the info:wave:

ToTBellHop

Here's to hoping Storybook Circus opens a month earlier then scheduled. Will be there March 2012.

Thanks for the info:wave:

Lee said it is opening in phases starting in April, not that it would completely open. They seem to be working quickly on Dumbo--I would imagine b/c they want it to open first so they can close the current Dumbo and get started on FLE work in that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom