How much $$ to bring for spending?

LostPrincess8789

My boyfriend and I will be down in WDW for a week June 19th-25th. I have a good idea of how much money we'd be spending for food. What is a good budget to set for souvenirs? We have the Memory Maker, which to me seems like a great souvenir itself. I'll be making a picture frame using the character autographs, so I don't plan on getting a ton of stuff. The main things we will be wanting are mickey ears, obviously, a Christmas ornament or 2, and I really want to find a Lumiere candelabra thing, I've seen pictures of them and I love it! I just want to have an idea of what other people have spent and what I should plan on spending.

DiSnEyF@n

I usually spend more than I like to... With that said, the last couple times we went we bought the teens (2) each $100 Disney gift cards so that they could spend that as they pleased. It works out well because then they THINK about what they're buying before buying it... I should probably do that same for myself! lol

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Science has shown that paying for things with cash triggers activity in the pain centers of the brain that doesn't happen when you pay with credit. Even the most diligent budgeter will stay on plan better if they pay with cash rather than charge. There's zero stress involved when it comes to looking at your credit card statement after the trip if you know in advance exactly how much cash you're bringing. Far better than charging away and figuring out if you made your budget after the fact.

We do $100 per person, per day. That covers food, souvenirs, tips, airport parking, etc. So $1,400 for the wife and I for a week. That's about half TS and half QS dining.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom