How much sunscreen?

hajenga

There is 3 of us going for 7days. I've gotten the spray on type of sunscreen. How many bottles will we need?

I figure we will go either to the pool or better yet one of the water parks each day. We all burn easily.

Has anyone ever tried Neutrogena Wet Skin - is supposedly OK to spray on while wet? What thoughts?

BigRedDad

From a fair skinned person that grew up in FL and has had skin cancer, you cannot have enough. If it were me, I would plan 1 bottle per person per 3 days. I would go with 6 cans. It may seem like overkill, but you can always use them later. A bad sunburn, even in a small portion can ruin a trip quickly.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Thats a tough one. Guess it depends if you burn easily or not. My son and I luckily do not and I think I used less then the 3oz travel sunsceen that I bought when we were there for the week. My cousins who came with us however do burn easily and I think between the 2 of them reapplying thru out the day they went thru a normal sized bottle in a week.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

love love love the neutrogena wet skin spray. it is sooooo light feeling. my granddaughter and i put it on before we left the room in the morning for the parks and after we went in the pool and that was it. we were there the week of the 14th of august when we had 100 degree temps.

Upvote 0

anc33

I don't mind the wet skin spray if I am doing something active where I am going to get super sweaty. However, I prefer the neutrogena ultra touch as it does not have a heavy, greasy feel. I usually get the 100 and reapply about every two hours. Sprays don't last as long as lotions so, between the three of us, we usually go through almost a can a day. I also make sure everyone has hats, SPF lip balm, etc. We don't burn easily but I am still hypervigulant. I am an oncology nurse so I have seen my fair share of melanomas and even squams that have spread. Would like to avoid that scenario if at all possible.

Upvote 0

coltow

I usually bring 3 (4 if going in summer) for my family of 4. I bring 1 spray and use it in the mornings before heading to bus. I keep a BIG lotion in my bag so we can re apply as needed and then I also keep another lotion with our pool stuff. Even tho the spray is so easy, I have not found it 100% reliable. So we only use it 1ce a day and try to focus on the lotions.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
. . . Even tho the spray is so easy, I have not found it 100% reliable. So we only use it 1ce a day and try to focus on the lotions.

I agree. Being from the south, I have found that ANY brand of spray-on just does not seem to give us the protection we need. At Disney we only use the spray if our time in the sun is going to be limited. Otherwise, we use lotion, along with our visors and hats.

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

There is 3 of us going for 7days. I've gotten the spray on type of sunscreen. How many bottles will we need?

I figure we will go either to the pool or better yet one of the water parks each day. We all burn easily.

Has anyone ever tried Neutrogena Wet Skin - is supposedly OK to spray on while wet? What thoughts?

Wear a shirt in the waterparks, at least in TL. Many people do because the huge waves in TL's wave pool wash away the sunscreen quite fast.

Upvote 0

Minnie1976

Bring alot and return what you don't use when you get home. The suntan lotion at Wal mart for $6 to $8 was almost $13 at Disney. I didn't think of suntan lotion and had to buy it at Disney.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom