How much longer does Shrek 4-D have?

Kate F

Original Poster
This attraction has been around for 17 years now and it seems to be one of the worst rated attractions at the resort. I’m sure it still eats up crowds during busier times of the year, but I really have to wonder how many more years this show has left in it. I personally don’t think you need to see it more than once. I’ve heard rumors over the years that it’s on its way out, but it’s 2020 and nothing’s happened. Not saying replacing it should be top priority, but I’d like to have something new in there eventually.

Do you think the ogre’s here to stay or is the show on its last legs?

The Grand Inquisitor

This attraction has been around for 17 years now and it seems to be one of the worst rated attractions at the resort. I’m sure it still eats up crowds during busier times of the year, but I really have to wonder how many more years this show has left in it. I personally don’t think you need to see it more than once. I’ve heard rumors over the years that it’s on its way out, but it’s 2020 and nothing’s happened. Not saying replacing it should be top priority, but I’d like to have something new in there eventually.

Do you think the ogre’s here to stay or is the show on its last legs?
I honestly bet if the Secret Life of Pets ride at Hollywood is popular it will replace Shrek. I could see it opening in 2022 if they start construction this year.

lebeau

Why is it that theme park fans are always in such a hurry to replace everything? Shrek eats up crowds all year long. If you listen to the rumor mill, half of Orlando is due to be replaced. And then years later, almost none of the rumors panned out. And yet, people still believe them.

I won't be surprised if Shrek gets replaced somewhere down the line. I don't expect it to happen any time soon.

Josh Hendy

Why is it that theme park fans are always in such a hurry to replace everything? Shrek eats up crowds all year long. If you listen to the rumor mill, half of Orlando is due to be replaced. And then years later, almost none of the rumors panned out. And yet, people still believe them.
Not in a hurry to replace "everything". But most 3D films are kept far too long. For me, Shrek 4D was one-and-done.

lebeau

Not in a hurry to replace "everything". But most 3D films are kept far too long. For me, Shrek 4D was one-and-done.

I don't disagree with you. But I always try to step away from the fan POV and look at things the way the decision-makers view them. Shrek 4-D is a people-eater right at the front of the park. Maintenance is minimal and people keep lining up. From what I hear, it scores well in guest feedback.

If you asked me to make a list of things I would replace at Universal, Shrek 4-D would rank pretty high. But purely from a business perspective, there are other things that are more pressing. Some day Shrek 4-D will be replaced. I just don't see it happening until a lot of other things happen first.

DaveN1996

If you have to keep something Shrek related around, just make a dream works area and bring all of the toons in (kidzone maybe?). Don't necessarily need attractions for all, but stick the meet/greets in.

MickeyMouse10

I would love that, but it seems to fit the New York section more so than Production Central. Unless the front is made into an Illumination section.

I thought the same thing. They could replace "Bourne" when it completely fails with "Sing" and also put in a "Secret Lives of Pets" and Minion (off the shelf) ride and voila we have "Illumination Central".

Illumination could even be used in "Seuss Landing" with "Grinch" and "Lorax". I'd love to see a Mt Crumpit ride like Expedition Everest aboard a sleigh.

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

I thought the same thing. They could replace "Bourne" when it completely fails with "Sing" and also put in a "Secret Lives of Pets" and Minion (off the shelf) ride and voila we have "Illumination Central".

Illumination could even be used in "Seuss Landing" with "Grinch" and "Lorax". I'd love to see a Mt Crumpit ride like Expedition Everest aboard a sleigh.
YES! Having a Mt Crumpit ride would be fantastic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom