How much do you usually tip Mousekeeping per day?

The Incredible Schmulk

Typically we tip $4-5 a day, but we don't get the room cleaned everyday. If the only mess in the room is an unmade bed, and we have enough towels to make it another day, we typically just put the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door on our way out.

You know, if you think about it, having one less room to clean might actually be worth more than the paltry amount I drop on the table in the morning, anyway.

Upvote 0

Mr Wizard

I have tipped Mousekeeping before and I have to say it didn't improve the service. And some of the best service and largest amount of towel animals have been in the non tipping period. And as far as whether to tip or not with me depends on my current financial state. When Le'Cellea (sp?) in Epcot is dinner I share the wealth. When we split a hot dog at Caseys they are on their own.

Upvote 0

dsdmbU2

We generally leave $20 at the end of our usual 5 day stay. Depends on how well of a job they've done and/or if they did a little extra (towel "art", etc.). As far as not knowing whether or not the person you're leaving the tip to/with did all or only a 1/4 of the work, I would assume they share the wealth (so to speak). I would hope if one of them knows I'm leaving a tip for a 5 night stay and they only cleaned the last day that they'd be honest enough to give it to the person who did 95% of the work. We are huge tippers at TS but typically not as much for the mousekeepers. We just got back from a cruise on the Dream and we tipped our stateroom host WAY over the "recommended" because he was unreal!! I swear everytime we left the room he came in to clean. Just extraordinary!!

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Well we do tip our coach driver from sanford to WDW and it's $3.00 for 3 suitcases.The mousemaid we leave $3.00 per day.But if we don't get a towell animal after the third day we ask for it back because were Scottish,:ROFLOL:Joking folks,please no arrows,or fork picks.

LOL That made me laugh. ;)

Wait... aren't you supposed to tip the store bagger? (No, I'm not kidding, I do tip the bagger)

I know. I tip them too. It's not mandatory but very appreciated. :wave:

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

I can honestly say we've never tipped. I don't know If I feel bad or not about it. :shrug:

Don't feel bad. Many don't tip. It is a personal preference. But generally, as an unspoken rule, if you do tip then it ought to be $2 per person per day. :D

I have tipped Mousekeeping before and I have to say it didn't improve the service. And some of the best service and largest amount of towel animals have been in the non tipping period. And as far as whether to tip or not with me depends on my current financial state. When Le'Cellea (sp?) in Epcot is dinner I share the wealth. When we split a hot dog at Caseys they are on their own.

I have had hit or miss "extra" stuff (towel animals, etc...) from Mousekeeping. We still tip them but it is not to get extra things. We just think they deserve it. The basic cleaning service is the same regardless of tips. ;)

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Just asking, I have never taken a Disney Cruise...Is it automatic or do you choose to pre pay your gratuities?

I know other cruise lines give you the choice to pre pay gratuities or pay while on board.

I could've contacted Disney to pre-pay our tips, however on the 2nd to last night of our cruise (7 day cruise) we got a receipt in our room with the tips charged to our stateroom. Tips can be adjusted, or removed completely with a trip to guest relations on the ship...it's common.

Upvote 0

The Empress Lilly

Yeah, and them trying on your clothes and going through your stuff when you're not there is a tip in itself.
No, my clothes look like my clothes. Two dollar bills look the same as a two dollar tip. :shrug:

I don't mistrust housekeeping, I mistrust human communication, especially non-verbal and consisting solely of placement of objects.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

I don't tip cleaning. Sorry.

Also, I don't really like the confusion about some change or dollar bills I may have lying around.

There not allowed to take any money laying around. It has to be under the little blue folded card and placed on the table. (Although I am sure that is not the case for everyone's past trips.) If the money is just laying there then they have no idea if it was meant for them or not and you could end up going to the front desk and complaining. They are supposed to only take it if it was obviously left for them.

Upvote 0

Raven66

We leave 1 dollar per person per day. It ends up 3 dollars a day. Only because we are pretty neat. I pick up our clothes, makes sure all the dirty towels are picked up and piled in one spot etc. I premake mousekeeper envelopes so I don't have to worry about having the ones for it. I write on the front to make sure they take it.

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

There not allowed to take any money laying around. It has to be under the little blue folded card and placed on the table. (Although I am sure that is not the case for everyone's past trips.) If the money is just laying there then they have no idea if it was meant for them or not and you could end up going to the front desk and complaining. They are supposed to only take it if it was obviously left for them.

I have always missed these cards. Where are they? On the table with the rest of the resort info? I always just take a sheet of the note paper and write thank you. Then I wrap the money in it.

I never knew that at Disney it is not a necessity to tip Mousekeeping. I still will continue to do so because I like to give a little extra but this thread has taught me a couple of things.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

I have always missed these cards. Where are they? On the table with the rest of the resort info? I always just take a sheet of the note paper and write thank you. Then I wrap the money in it.

I never knew that at Disney it is not a necessity to tip Mousekeeping. I still will continue to do so because I like to give a little extra but this thread has taught me a couple of things.

It is the blue bi-folded card that is on the table in the room. (pic below) Just place the money under it and they will know that it goes to them. ;) This is the one from our last trip. I keep everything I legally can. My wife says it is a sickness. :hammer:

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

It is the blue bi-folded card that is on the table in the room. (pic below) Just place the money under it and they will know that it goes to them. ;) This is the one from our last trip. I keep everything I legally can. My wife says it is a sickness. :hammer:

LOL! My husband is the same way. Thanks for the pic :)

Upvote 0

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
We own an Inn in Maine, and usually all tips are pooled. Then they are divided by the number of shifts worked (between all the housekeepers), that gives a per shift tip total, then if you worked 5 shifts that week, you receive 5 x the shift tip total. Most of the hotels around us do the same thing.

As owners we always tip at least $3 per day, but usually more, depending on service. We tend to find the guests in our Inn leave an average of $3 per day also.

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

Since I travel for work, I started tipping for room service. I usually just tip $2 per day. As a joke, I referred to it as "Paying the extortioners". I made the mistake of watching a show on how the cleaning people "clean" rooms (to be fair, it wasn't a Disney hotel). After seeing them wipe the water glasses out with a towel that was lying on the bathroom floor and other unpleasant acts, I figure the extortion payment might buy me a little more kindness. Plus, some people can really mess up a room (sometimes by accident) and I feel sympathy for those that clean up behind.

Upvote 0

Annielkd

ewww... that's horrible. I wipe down my counters and bathroom corners with towels before I wash them... but that's between cleanings. I feel it keeps things just a bit cleaner that way... but, a glass????

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom