How many times?

aim

Well, I'm 18 and have been going every summer (except one summer) since i was 6 weeks old. I've also gone extra times during the year. I think over like 25 times maybe. I lost count a long time ago! I'm from Ohio too :p

janetinpa

Original Poster
Originally posted by emmagata
This coming Dec trip will be number 5 for my wife and number 6 for me. I went WAAAAY back in 75 (give or take) with my parents while in high school.

What Inquiring minds REALLY want to know is how someone that has to travel (more than a short car ride) can afford so many trips to WDW in a year. I've read that some have been a half dozen times or more in one year and they live in the upper mid-west!!

(Must be those execs from Enron and Worldcom)

Yes emmagata this is really what inguiring minds want to know:D
I have gone in 1999 and now in September I'm leaving later today. :sohappy: I feel that my husband and I make a good living but, holy cow WDW is expensive!

mwitkus

ok... in my entire life, i've only been to wdw 4 times, with my 5th trip coming up in just 9 days!!!! but - now that i am "all grown up" hubby and i go every 2 years... (we'd go more if we could afford to...)

and we're from boston...

figmentbaby

I'm turning 18 today actually (yay) and I have been to WDW 27 times, from nyc, and stay for a week at a time. Now I go to carnegie mellon university in PA so my next trip will be...uhh...too depressingly far for me to count or afford.

christopher

12 Trips from Chicago from 1982 - 2002. Each ranging from 6 - 10 days.

[9 times] Polynesian
[1 time] Grand Floridian
[1 time] Yacht Club
[1 time] Contemporary
[1 time] Widerness Lodge
[1 time] Coronado Springs

Polynesian is the best! But I do have a new love for the Grand Floridian.:D

Nintendo18

I'm 16 years old, have been to the World 26 times, and i am from New York.

As a side note:
My family was The Land Pavillion, at the garden store, and the woman who was working as the cashier said that one family that lives close to florida buys an annual pass and goes 365 days a year!
I don't know about all of you, but i might get bored after going every single day of the year.

homer424

I have been 7 times, my daughter has been twice and my husband only went once. (The 2 times my daughter and I went we went with my family the last time he went was 1985). We are from NJ :)

Becky

[the rest on either seasonal or free day-tix for being stockholders. You get free tix by going to the stockholder meetings.

WHAT?

:eek: You mean I am paying twice?:hammer:

One ticket for going, or so many for X number of shares?:dazzle: :confused:

DanielJ

i've been going to Orlando like 32 times from the UK since 1987 i.e been going every year since then, i'm now 22, and lost count on how many times i've been going to WDW cus i'm an annual pass holder.

weird as it seems i've still got original ticket stubs from back then when they stamped them and also have my first annual pass with the photo ID, and also have fuzzball (little furry flying thing) from Captain EO when it was at Epcot before they changed it to Honey I blew up the Audience.

Daniel :)

jmarc63

Originally posted by Geordi
In the hotels on-property, maybe about 25 times.
In our RV (first rented a different one, then bought the one we have) 3 times, 7+days each time. RV Off-property, about 20 times in the last 6 years, usually 1-3 days. Day trips or off property hotels? Too many for accurate count, but at least 15 / year for the last 10 years... and that is one year on the Annual, the rest on either seasonal or free day-tix for being stockholders. You get free tix by going to the stockholder meetings.

--Jim

What stockholders meetings are you talking about? I have been to two Disney stockholders meetings in the last few years and there were no such perk. Since Eisner took over all of the perks that were available were eliminated. Gone went advanced info on upcomming projects and the discounts and special offers that were available to us in the 70s when my family and I went.

If you have any stubs can you pose them so I can see what you referring to

mickeyfanatics

Well, do you want to know how many times I have been there in the last year, my lifetime, or just the amount of times I have stayed there.

The last year - at least 30 times (twice a month on average) to both the theme parks and water parks. During the summer we go to the waterparks twice weekly for excercise.

My lifetime - Over 200 times

Stayed there - at least 50 times

Remember, I live in Florida, and I began living 3 hours away from WDW in Ft. Lauderdale. Then I moved to Gainesville and was only 2 hours away. Now I live in Tampa and am only 45 minutes away.

BTW - I met Horizonsman at the EPCOT AP Lounge only 2 days before it is set to close. It is neat to meet people there from this board, without planning it.

Camelot

In my whole life, I have been to WDW only 4 times (2 were in the past 2 years) (Disneyland - 2 times)

I am hoping to plan another trip for next year :sohappy:

Coree

I've been there nine times--seven times in the last six years. We just got back from our honeymoon there two weeks ago. I live in central Illinois.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom