How many times do you keep checking the weather report?

Jessie&Buzz

I think I've been on weather.com 20 times already this morning. Not that anything has changed for next week. So far we are looking at cooler temps on Sat and Sun. By Mon back in the 80's. I don't see much in the way of rain. Of course that only goes till Tue. What other sites do you use?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I check it the day before I leave. The weather in Florida changes so rapidly that looking at it even a week in advance is almost pointless. Also it is one of those things that are completley out of your control so there is no point it getting too worried about it. All you can do is be prepared for whatever mother nature want to throw at you. Once you have done that then your weather duties are done.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Do youself a favor, and stop looking! ;)
It will drive you nuts!

The good news is that you are now in the dry season, so generally its going to be 80s, sunny, and dry. :)

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0
I've been checking everday since last Friday. I am going nuts, I need to stop cause I am worrying about leaving now they are saying rain for us in NJ ....now I am getting anxious and worried at the same time... I just want to be there already :(:shrug:

Upvote 0

Philo

I tend to randomly look at the weather whilst planning a trip just to saw that it's always nicer weather in Orlando but I don't think I've ever actually checked specifically for my trip.

Maybe if I was only going for a couple of days I would so that I could plan better but for the most part I just take it as it comes.

Upvote 0

fosse76

I've never checked the weather reports, and of the 8 trips I've taken in the past 4 years, it's rained once...that I know of anyway. And I spent that day at the Animal Kingdom. Locally, whenever I've planned on going to Six Flags and have checked the weather, it always forecasts rain...but when I don't check it's perfect!

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

To early to look, I still have 39 days to go, my only concern is we always went to WDW in July so we knew shorts & tank tops, but this being our 1st time in Nov, I am afraid we will have to have some shorts but slacks & jackets for the evenings.

Upvote 0

dznygirl64

What you need to worry about is if you are flying and have a layover somewhere like Atlanta what there weather is like.Im sure today is a mess with 6 plus inches of rain.As far as WDW we have been there during hurricains before and had very little rain.Rain is not a big issue in the parks actually its nice, it starts to rain and most people leave the parks.

Upvote 0

marcriss

I start checking as soon as we hit the 10 day extended forecast. I check home (NY) for snow and rain and Fla for packing. I check several times a day...my husband makes fun of me for my weather obsession.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

I begin checking the weather about a week out from our trip. Its not what the weather will be during our trip so much as it is the kind of weather we'll be having when we leave and when we return, since we drive and its mid winter. The weather in Florida in the winter is always better then what we have here at home at that time!

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I always start checking around 7 days out. I just look for a general idea. I truly don't believe the weather reports until the day of and with seeing it with my own eyes.

This year in NJ they were wrong of so often. I don't know how many times they would call for rain and it never happened.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

We use weather.com but it didn't matter. Even though it said it was going to be in the 80's in ended up being in the 90's with heat index in the 100's. NEVER again will we go to Disney in Sept/Oct. Locals were saying that these temps were higher than normal, but still way too hot for us. We ended up not doing the parks during the day and only going at night. If not, we were all pretty grumpy with the heat....ds 2, dh and me 7 months pregnant.

Upvote 0

Auroragirl

My DH started checking the weather about 2 weeks before... :lol: But the week of, we checked alot more. It said everyday we'd get rain and it was HOT!!! Hotter than normal....

Upvote 0

MissM

We use weather.com but it didn't matter. Even though it said it was going to be in the 80's in ended up being in the 90's with heat index in the 100's. NEVER again will we go to Disney in Sept/Oct. Locals were saying that these temps were higher than normal, but still way too hot for us. We ended up not doing the parks during the day and only going at night. If not, we were all pretty grumpy with the heat....ds 2, dh and me 7 months pregnant.
We are STILL in the 90's right now here. We've been running near or at record highs for weeks now. It should stop being in the 90's by October. This year has been just brutal and we're still sweltering currently.

They're calling for a "cold front" to come through by this weekend and dear gods I hope it arrives because it's been truly brutal heat and humidity wise forever now. (When it's still 93% humidity at 1am it's just miserable.)

Upvote 0

disneychick53

I think I've been on weather.com 20 times already this morning. Not that anything has changed for next week. So far we are looking at cooler temps on Sat and Sun. By Mon back in the 80's. I don't see much in the way of rain. Of course that only goes till Tue. What other sites do you use?
doesn't really matter how many times you check this is Florida and it has its own mine just got back from WDW and none of the weather was like it said it was gonna be like:shrug:

Upvote 0

strmchsr

As a meteorologist I don't check the weather sites at all. I do my own forecasting.

That said, just an FYI for you...Commercial sites like weather.com are pretty useless. They are totally automated and use only 1 model. No human interaction and no guidance from other models. That leaves a very skewed and, as someone else noted, constantly changing view of the weather as models will change from run to run. Use a human based weather forecast like the Orlando NWS or one of the local TV stations. Also, keep in mind that the models are useless beyond 7 days for specific forecasting. Beyond that time frame they are good for general patterns, but don't trust anything beyond that for specifics on rain and temps.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom