How many runDisney miles have you run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenlawler

Personally I would hesitate to count a virtual race on my mileage under normal circumstances, but that is up to the runner. I mean who actually cares?

I 100% respect anyone who counts virtual races in their total, that is up to you. Anyone who tries to question this.....must be really fun at parties.

For me I think it 100% counts to my "personal" mileage if....

Disney cancels an in person race that you committed to run, and you run the mileage based on their terms, whenever, or wherever.

They set the rules, you abide by them. Therefore you did what was asked.

The cancellation of the half for example a few years back. No one who ran those miles would not count them to their Disney total. Then last year the rules are out the window. It was a weird year.

Last edited:

OG Runner

Please update to 443.5, adding 2.5 to my total. This is for my truncated Everest Challenge!
Sorry it was shortened. It is funny, one YouTuber made it look like he had run the 5K.
He never mentioned the run was shortened then showed him hitting the 1, 2 and 3 mile
marks. It you had not seen them mentioning the race was being shortened due to the
threat of weather.

Figment82

Due to the typical course dodging and weaving, my GPS registered roughly a combined .6 miles of extra distance over the 3 races. If it’s okay with everyone, I’m going to go ahead and use them as “credits” towards the missing distance for Everest and add the full 19.3 miles.

@Texas84, would you be so kind as to update my total to 433.82 when you get a chance?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Due to the typical course dodging and weaving, my GPS registered roughly a combined .6 miles of extra distance over the 3 races. If it’s okay with everyone, I’m going to go ahead and use them as “credits” towards the missing distance for Everest and add the full 19.3 miles.

@Texas84, would you be so kind as to update my total to 433.82 when you get a chance?

I consider it a small victory when my Garmin registers the « correct » distance for a race.

What I hate is when a race says it will be a particular distance but they have rounded the distance down to a whole number If I’ve signed up to do a 5K and it’s 5.2, that’s fine - except that I often try to give it my all at the end so I like to know where I really am in relation to the finish 😉

Figment82

Sorry it was shortened. It is funny, one YouTuber made it look like he had run the 5K.
He never mentioned the run was shortened then showed him hitting the 1, 2 and 3 mile
marks. It you had not seen them mentioning the race was being shortened due to the
threat of weather.
To be fair, I never heard them make an announcement before the race about the course being shortened. I passed the mile 3 marker and knew it couldn’t be right (didn’t “feel” right and my tracker didn’t go off), then when we didn’t hit the out and back portion. Was the YouTuber doing a livestream? If they posted it after the fact, then yeah, that’s a bit suspect. Maybe they wanted everyone to think they had their fastest mile ever. 🙂

Figment82

I consider it a small victory when my Garmin registers the « correct » distance for a race.

What I hate is when a race says it will be a particular distance but they have rounded the distance down to a whole number If I’ve signed up to do a 5K and it’s 5.2, that’s fine - except that I often try to give it my all at the end so I like to know where I really am in relation to the finish 😉
Right? I’m all about that final “leave it all on the course” sprint down the home stretch. Don’t tell me it’s coming up and then fake me out! 😂

OG Runner

So you get more miles because you can't run in straight line? 😂
Just kidding, I have no problem with it.

Figment82

So you get more miles because you can't run in straight line? 😂
Just kidding, I have no problem with it.
Haha, I can barely stand still without tripping myself, much less run in a straight line! 😂 I did purposely try to take the turns a bit wider and drift to the sides as much as possible during the 10K/10 Miler to gain back some mileage. Well, until about mile 7/8 - then I was focused on just getting the darn thing done!

OG Runner

Haha, I can barely stand still without tripping myself, much less run in a straight line! 😂 I did purposely try to take the turns a bit wider and drift to the sides as much as possible during the 10K/10 Miler to gain back some mileage. Well, until about mile 7/8 - then I was focused on just getting the darn thing done!

Great to run into someone with a sense of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom