How many people complaining have actually used it?

What's your experience with MDE?

• Total voters

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I wondered if you'd booked one of the package things. We always book separately. There was a while there you couldn't book together. Anywhoo, the thing with the MB must be an unanticipated piece of the puzzle on the list of things with that whole new system rollout. If booking your FP+ times is essential and there's no way around the thing with the bands arriving early you may need to split the reservations/package if possible. Bummer. Kinda kills the convenience factor, I'm sure.

Yeah, this is the second time I have booked this way. Was not an issue the first time because FP+ did not exist. I am pretty confident that I will still be able to select the FP's I want to when I arrive but I would have liked to have it all set in advance. This will probably make me reconsider booking the combo package again in the future and just book separately.

sweetpee_1993

Yeah, this is the second time I have booked this way. Was not an issue the first time because FP+ did not exist. I am pretty confident that I will still be able to select the FP's I want to when I arrive but I would have liked to have it all set in advance. This will probably make me reconsider booking the combo package again in the future and just book separately.
Well, hopefully this is another of those little kinks that will get worked out. It just sucks to be stuck in one of the kinks. When you spend so much you definitely hope for smooth sailing all the way thru. I understand!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well, hopefully this is another of those little kinks that will get worked out. It just sucks to be stuck in one of the kinks. When you spend so much you definitely hope for smooth sailing all the way thru. I understand!

Well is seems that DCL may have misinformed me. I logged into My Disney Experience today and attempted to link my resort stay using my DCL confirmation number. In the past, it has always come back as an invalid confirmation number but today it magically worked. I was able to link my resort stay and it even provided me with a unique resort confirmation number. From here I was able to customize my magic bands attached to this booking and entered a shipping address for them to be sent. Hopefully they will now be sent to me instead of having to waiting until check-in.

stevehousse

Well is seems that DCL may have misinformed me. I logged into My Disney Experience today and attempted to link my resort stay using my DCL confirmation number. In the past, it has always come back as an invalid confirmation number but today it magically worked. I was able to link my resort stay and it even provided me with a unique resort confirmation number. From here I was able to customize my magic bands attached to this booking and entered a shipping address for them to be sent. Hopefully they will now be sent to me instead of having to waiting until check-in.
I was just gonna say to try and do that! Glad it worked!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sadly, the least informed people on anything related to MM+ seem to be CMs. It's laughable at this point when I hear these types of stories considering we are well beyond the beginning of testing and ready to move into full implementation any day now. Maybe they should provide some actual training or instead of what little training they have provided to front line CMs they should just require them to read the MM+ section of this board.;)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Sadly, the least informed people on anything related to MM+ seem to be CMs. It's laughable at this point when I hear these types of stories considering we are well beyond the beginning of testing and ready to move into full implementation any day now. Maybe they should provide some actual training or instead of what little training they have provided to front line CMs they should just require them to read the MM+ section of this board.;)

Well keep in mind this is a DCL CM I spoke to and not a WDW CM. He seemed to be very knowledgeable and did not hesitate with his answer. He answer probably would have been correct if I did not link the booking to my disney experience, haha. Their main focus is on DCL and not WDW, so I would imagine this is where their training is focused on as well.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well keep in mind this is a DCL CM I spoke to and not a WDW CM. He seemed to be very knowledgeable and did not hesitate with his answer. He answer probably would have been correct if I did not link the booking to my disney experience, haha. Their main focus is on DCL and not WDW, so I would imagine this is where their training is focused on as well.
It makes no difference if the guy worked for DCL or WDW reservations. If they are responsible for making resort reservations for guests they should know how the system works. The fact that he was certain of his answer (which was not correct) makes it even worse. How many others have cruise and hotel reservations and took this guy's word for it without investigating further? If you spend serious cash on a system that is supposed to be a big benefit for your guests you should spend the time to train your employees on how it works.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It makes no difference if the guy worked for DCL or WDW reservations. If they are responsible for making resort reservations for guests they should know how the system works. The fact that he was certain of his answer (which was not correct) makes it even worse. How many others have cruise and hotel reservations and took this guy's word for it without investigating further? If you spend serious cash on a system that is supposed to be a big benefit for your guests you should spend the time to train your employees on how it works.

I definitely agree with you. But from my experience dealing with DCL, they seem to be kept very separate from Disney Parks. In 2012, WDW reservations was not even able to view my resort stay that I booked through DCL. Basically two separate entities with entirely different booking systems. DCL just happens to be able to add a resort stay. Not making an excuse for them, just explaining how I see the two entities operating. Not much overlap at all, which is probably an issue.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I did not book my WDW resort stay through WDW Reservations. I booked it through DCL as a post-cruise resort stay. Entirely different type of booking that WDW reservations does not handle.

If anything - DCL is acting as a travel agent for you... your reservation is still a reservation at WDW. If it bothers you, get out of your reservation with DCL and book it with a TA or WDW directly. you aren't saving any money with your current arrangement and from what DCL is telling you... even suffering because of it. So get out of it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
In 2012, WDW reservations was not even able to view my resort stay that I booked through DCL. Basically two separate entities with entirely different booking systems. DCL just happens to be able to add a resort stay. Not making an excuse for them, just explaining how I see the two entities operating. Not much overlap at all, which is probably an issue.

Ultimately WDW has your reservation.. they just may not be able to locate it with the information you have provided or may have policy not to discuss with DCL clients directly. DCL isn't booking things without WDW reservations' knowledge or outside of WDW's system.. they are just funneling you through the agent. It's a dumb arrangement.. I'd change it.

katiekinzakat

I am ashamed to say that I am a front line CM and a good 75% of what I know about this whole FP+ thing I learned from this website. I was trained how to operate the touchpoints at Fastpass entry and the merge point, but not about the system in general, yet guests assume that everybody is well-versed in the product and often come up to me with their problems that I have neither the knowledge nor the technology to solve.

durangojim

Original Poster
I am ashamed to say that I am a front line CM and a good 75% of what I know about this whole FP+ thing I learned from this website. I was trained how to operate the touchpoints at Fastpass entry and the merge point, but not about the system in general, yet guests assume that everybody is well-versed in the product and often come up to me with their problems that I have neither the knowledge nor the technology to solve.
It's probably because all of the guests hold the CMs in such high regard. Disney is really doing you guys a disservice if they aren't giving you info you can pass on to the guests.

katiekinzakat

It's probably because all of the guests hold the CMs in such high regard. Disney is really doing you guys a disservice if they aren't giving you info you can pass on to the guests.
Oh I know that's why they ask me. I just feel really bad that I can't really uphold the guests' expectations, even though I theoretically should.

Wildflower

Going to go along with some of the others on here and say I tried it, LIKED it, but love is definitely a stretch. It was convenient not having to run around securing fastpasses and being able to pinpoint a timeframe myself (as opposed to getting whatever the machine happened to be spitting out when we got there) ... but don't like the 3 per day limitation and inability to park hop. Also as another posted said - saw lines for rides that never really had anything "long" previously.

RonAnnArbor

I've posted my experiences before, over the course of testing since last May --- 4 trips with Magic Bands total ---

Overall, I hated the experience, and never used the bands, instead using my KTTW card. I hate wearing anything on my body, jewelry, bands, watches, or anything else....so right out of the gate I hated it.

Second, when they system works, it works -- the problem as I saw it (as recently as early December, and I'll be there again next weekend), was that when the computer system worked, everything was fine. I didn't have a single trip that something wasn't wrong -- either DME didn't attach to the account correctly, or the FP+ that were made in advance didn't show up (and you had to show your iPhone confirmation on My Disney Experience) which slowed everything down. Different kiosks scanners were either up, or down, or "had never even been connected yet". The band did seem to work to open the resort room every single time -- but so does the KTTW card, which is RFID enabled, and goes in the back of my wallet so all I have to do is touch the wallet to unlock -- no need for a magic band.

Third -- the 3-fastpasses per day in one park is ridiculous for any return visitor -- but awesome good for first timers who want to hit the headliners. But us passholders and frequent visitors will all find it a total mess -- the only good thing is, that with early morning EMH, you can go do all the headliners in one park, then head to a second park and select your 3 fastpasses for that second park that day. (i.e. you can get a daily ride on Toy Story Mania in the afternoon if you want)....

MaryJaneP

There last month with 5 in our party. MBs not shipped so we picked them up at check-in. Liked them. Didn't really use FP+ or ADRs, just sorta went with the flow. Maybe we should have FP+ some (2+ hour standby for Soarin) although not sure how that would have worked out, given we waited standby for SM and as we waited on platform, next to load into cars, SM shut down and we had to exit. We were handed paper FP that we used later that night for SM. S*** happens but we just rolled with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom