How many parks per day?

MagicMike

We like to take it as slow as possible during a Disney trip. One park per day. No rush, no stress. Time in WDW has a terrible habit of flying by and before you know it your first day, is your last day. The one park per day rule just helps us slow it down a little. We consider weather conditions and EMH, choose the best park option, and put it on cruise control. This helps you really see the park and all it's details that sometimes get overlooked when you rush around. This has also helped us discover new things we would have traditionally skipped over, shows, parades, riding favorite rides over and over again until the cast members in the queue know your name. It also helps if you can stay long enough to tag on a couple of extra "repeat" days. This allows you to see what park, or parks, become the favorite and revisit them. The slower pace, without sacrificing any experiences, just helps us put the "Vacation" back in Disney Vacation.

bethymouse

We tried park hopping to all 4 parks each day, and we were exhausted! So... we're back to doing 1 park a day. Much more relaxing!:)

Susan Savia

Epcot and the Magic kingdom are full day parks for us. We have done AK thoroughly many times so now we only go into it to ride a couple things then leave by 11:00. We can usually finish HS by 3:00 and then head out. At AK and HS we have favorite things that we like to do and when we've done that we hop.

Skooterkid

We only ever do one park per day. We're normally in the parks from opening until about 3 o'clock (although we leave slightly earlier in Animal Kingdom), go back to the hotel to rest for a few hours and then head back to the parks at about 5 or 6 o'clock. If I was by myself I would spend the whole day in a single park, especially Magic Kingdom -walking down Main Street as the park opens and doing rides right up until the evening fireworks brings a kind of closure to the day and it's great reflecting on what you've done as you board the monorail in the evening (unless it's your last day, then it's sad!)

DisDadEddie

We don't do more than two parks per day. If we are in one park and it closes we'll go visit another especially during extra magic hours.

righttrack

We are a two park family. We go to one for opening (Extra Magic Hour or maybe avoid depending on when and what it is) We eat lunch in that park, and leave maybe after one more ride/attraction. Get some resort R/R until 4ish, get to another park for dinner/more attractions, or a resort for dinner then arrive at a park for a ride/parade/fireworks. We'll typically go to the evening EMH park and enjoy what it has to offer late. Yeah, we're a 7am-1am crowd. We make everyone else look like lightweights!

bgraham34

For us its always around 2 parks per day. Sometimes we will get a third in though. That was also easier before my son came along though.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I go for 14 days, but the exact same model. Since they only offer a 10 day ticket, I buy 10 days with park hopper and water park and more, and then 4 days with no park hopper or water park and more.

The first 4 days, I hit Magic Kingdom for a half day (travel in the morning), Magic Kingdom day two for a full day, EPCOT for a full day, and Hollywood Studios for a full day. Then my 10 day ticket activates, and I do Animal Kingdom in the morning, and start just flitting around based on mood after that.

Colugino

I usually go for 10 - 11 days. The first 4 days is one park per day. Then I think the most I have done in one day is two parks. I just feel like the amount of money I am spending, every minute I am there is money and every minute I am spending doing things like riding a bus or monorail to another park is wasting money. Usually I only park hop when the second park is having late hours.

Jeff456

We stay between 10 days and 2 weeks, will always do two full days in MK and Epcot and one full day in HS and AK as a minimum. On our last two days we often park hop doing two on each day, what we do with the rest of the time depends on how long we are spending at other attractions like US, Sea World etc.

crosswagon

We always purchase the park hopper. The summer visits include the water park option also, so some days we do one park of the morning then hit one of the water parks for the rest of the afternoon and on to another park for EMH. Exhausting but tremendous fun. Fall and winter visits we pass on the water parks and manage 3 parks per day. It just feels like we are too limited in our options if we do the 1 park per day ticket. Of course my kids are grown and I think it makes a difference when you have small ones to consider when you plan your park visit strategies.

nepalostparks

When we were vacationing from PA, it was one or two parks per day. Now that we're locals, we tend to hit 3 parks per day when we head up, hitting our favorites along with exploring something we haven't done or only whizzed through previously. Still haven't hit 4 parks in one day, but I'm sure that'll happen sooner or later :D

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
We traditionally do 2 parks per day.
One in the morning; lunch, swim break/nap at the resort; and then a second park in the evening, based on where dinner ADR's are.

foreverbelle

We typically spend our days between two parks. That is unless its just the hubs and I and then we may be even luckier and get all three. I don't know if I could do all four but I dif feel like that is a challenge I just may have to try one of these days

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom