How many more years do you give yourself at Disney?

captainkidd

I was thinking about this yesterday. As a family of 5, our options are a bit more limited. At the current rate at which Deluxe rooms are going for, I only give myself maybe another 3-5 years. The rack rate for some of the 5 person to a room Deluxe resorts is over $400 already, and in the next few years, will all be over $400. We've been incredbly lucky in recent years to get a Bounceback or AP discount which made staying in one possible, but when that ends, that's it for us. Even if I could swing it, I'm not paying over $400 to stay at any hotel.

Even getting 2 rooms at a Value will soon be approaching the $400 per night point. Mods are already there for 2 rooms per night.

I know there's the All Star Suites, but those don't appeal to me in the least. The room decor reminds me of the original Contemporary room decor. And we have no desire to stay at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness.

KaliSplash

We used to go once or twice a year. Then it was once a year. Now it's been more than 2 years since our last visit and that was more than 2 years since our previous visit.

Yes, I have two sons in college! :)

Did manage to get over for a day last month to catch MSEP, was a fantastic day as we showed around brother-in-law and sister-in-law and 2 of their children on their first visit in years.

Had hoped to get back in the spring for a week, but that's in the air now with change in DW's work situation.

Upvote 0

Disney05

I don't see an end in sight! I will always find a way to visit. As my kids get older, one started college this year, it's just a little more challenging to pick a date. We're scheduled for the end of May next year.

Upvote 0

lbrad

We now go every 2 to 3 years :(
2 boys in college...next year DD will be in college too:eek:
YEP ...that is 3 kiddos in college $$$$$$$$$$

Someday we'll have grandchildren to take :sohappy:

Upvote 0

JohnLocke

I go to Value Resorts and really don't care about room decor or some of the amenities. I plan on trying to stay at a monorail resort at some point, but it's not really a necessity. I don't really ever plan to stop going. I may take big breaks in between trips at times, we pretty much went about once every 4-5 years while I was growing up and just went 4 in a row a few years ago and by the time I go back it may be 3 years since my last trip or more for all I know, but I never plan on stopping all together.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We have the same problem as a family of 5...we can only stay at a higher rate value suite, book 2 rooms at a value, book a moderate, or book a deluxe. The deluxe is too pricey for us, so we have to stick w/ the moderate when we don't have anyone else like the in-laws going w/ us.
We like the moderate resorts. I hope we can continue visiting WDW...I love it...I just hope the kids don't get tired of it! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom