How many miles/hours do you drive before stopping for the night?

DaddyDisneyMan

Good Morning All,
Hope everyone's day is going well. We are getting closer to our family vaca (39 DAYS!! WOO HOO). We are driving from Detroit and heading down to WDW (1200miles). How far have you all driven before stopping for the night? I will be the only driver. We are leaving at 6am, with hopes of hitting Macon, GA; maybe even further if I feel up to it.

tehSAC

Good Morning All,
Hope everyone's day is going well. We are getting closer to our family vaca (39 DAYS!! WOO HOO). We are driving from Detroit and heading down to WDW (1200miles). How far have you all driven before stopping for the night? I will be the only driver. We are leaving at 6am, with hopes of hitting Macon, GA; maybe even further if I feel up to it.

We are from Indianapolis, and we drove straight through. Left at 6:00 pm, and arrived at noonish. GA is the worst.

Upvote 0

Alison1975

Good Morning All,

we drive from MA and its 1289 miles and we go straight thru no stopping except for gas..one driver.

Upvote 0

DaddyDisneyMan

Original Poster
we drive from MA and its 1289 miles and we go straight thru no stopping except for gas..one driver.
HOLY TOMOLY! (sp? :p) Well that gives me hope then. I probably will not drive straight through, DW wont let me haha. But I think instead of stopping in Macon, GA; I will forge my way through to Valdosta, GA which is about another 4 hours of driving. I think I should be ok considering we are leaving at 6am and I will be driving mostly in the day time.

Thank you for the response.

Upvote 0

Alison1975

HOLY TOMOLY! (sp? :p) Well that gives me hope then. I probably will not drive straight through, DW wont let me haha. But I think instead of stopping in Macon, GA; I will forge my way through to Valdosta, GA which is about another 4 hours of driving. I think I should be ok considering we are leaving at 6am and I will be driving mostly in the day time.

Thank you for the response.

we usually drive through the night.. find it much faster driving...of course its a 21+ hour drive for us so its bound to be a good portion of the night..lol

Upvote 0

habe20

I've honestly done Northern NJ to WDW straight through over 5 times and I believe it is around 1200 miles as well...it's taken as short as 15 hrs. and as long as 18 hrs.

Once I had planned to stop in Georgia but just knew there was only 4 hrs. left so we had to do it..since then we've never even considered stopping over in the south...I say if you have more than one person that can drive just bang out a straight drive and spend all your time in gorgeous Florida!
I do the same drive when I go to WDW, its very tiring. I know that feeling when you know you have a little bit left to go and just got to push through it because you're so close.

Upvote 0

mrdisman

Good Morning All,

That's a pretty far trip...used to drive to Walt Disney World from Pennsylvania...always drove the first 8 hours before taking a break. SO would drive for about 4 hours while I rested, then I would take over again...used to love driving the early morning hours until sunrise. WIth only an 18 hour trip...I drove straight through.

Upvote 0

Bethypoo

It usually takes me over 9 hours to drive down from AL. I usually leave after work and stop at a hotel on the way since I get rather sleepy. Coming back, I usually leave early and drive the entire way. This year I'm driving 1 hour to Birmingham and flying 1 and 1/2 hours to Orlando. The price of the plane ticket is about equal to hotel and gas. I'm looking forward to getting down there quickly!

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

We drove straight through from Buffalo... also right around 1200 miles. We left at 6 PM on a Friday. I went to sleep immediately, took over driving around midnight, then drove until 8 or 9 in the morning. We switched once more some other time so the driving time was about equal. It was about 20-21 hours and we don't want to ever stop in the middle now. The kids were awake for a couple hours in the evening when we left, slept until morning and then took a nap in the early afternoon. Staying in a hotel means you're driving while everyone is awake, and the kids will "feel" the car time more.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sorry for late response. My son is autistic and cannot stand in crowds for long periods of time. If you know anyone with this type of disability, I would encourage them to use this card. You can get it at Guest Relations of any park.
When I was booking my trip a CM told me I will now need a doctor's note never needed one before but I have one just in case!

Upvote 0

steviej

the two times I drove, I just drove till I was exhausted, I wanted to get as far as possible (its only one night from NJ). I really just let my batteries get to 0%

Upvote 0

SarahG

We will be driving from Michigan as well. We are about 1.5 hours north of Detroit. Last time we drove, we stopped just south of Atlanta. This time we're hoping to get at least that far the first day. if we can push it and get like 3-ish hours from Disney before we stop that would be great! Its such a long drive though and the hubby hates to fly. :/

Upvote 0

DaddyDisneyMan

Original Poster
We will be driving from Michigan as well. We are about 1.5 hours north of Detroit. Last time we drove, we stopped just south of Atlanta. This time we're hoping to get at least that far the first day. if we can push it and get like 3-ish hours from Disney before we stop that would be great! Its such a long drive though and the hubby hates to fly. :/
Looks like we are on the same page. I would LOVE to get to Valdosta, GA which it 4 hours away from Disney. I'm thinking that my excitement and adrenaline will push me :)

Upvote 0

tnpoohbear

Good Morning All,

I live in Tennessee and it is a ten hour drive for us - we drive all night long straight through so we can get there first thing the next morning. We were always too excited to sleep the night before so we thought we might as well make could use of that time and drive all night~~~ We usually leave around 11:00 at night. We will be leaving April 28th for Art of Animation Liong King Suite for 4 nights! Can't hardly stand the wait~~~~

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom