How many ferry boats?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Simple question. My brain somehow decided that Disney made two additional ferry boats a few years ago but I’m guessing I’m wrong now. Are there 2 or 4 ferry boats going to MK?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Two sidewheelers that are no longer around, Ports-O-Call and Southern Seas. Magic Kingdom I (now Admiral Jow Fowler) and Magic Kingdom II (now Richard F. Irvine) started service in 1972 and Kingdom Queen (now General Joe Potter) in 1976.
This.

The original plan was for monorail to take the majority of guests. Then they found they didn’t have enough. Then they found the supplementary parking lot trams couldn’t make the aqueduct grade under full load in the wet.

So a second and then third ferry boat were added and higher efficiency docks built.

The Empress Lilly

This.

The original plan was for monorail to take the majority of guests. Then they found they didn’t have enough. Then they found the supplementary parking lot trams couldn’t make the aqueduct grade under full load in the wet.

So a second and then third ferry boat were added and higher efficiency docks built.
If they had finishen the western road that parking lot tram could run again.

They could even add some topiaries. Or have reused the props and trams from the Backlot Tour - exit through an E-ticket instead of a stressed mob.

lazyboy97o

If they had finishen the western road that parking lot tram could run again.

They could even add some topiaries. Or have reused the props and trams from the Backlot Tour - exit through an E-ticket instead of a stressed mob.
They could have not let the side-wheelers fall apart as well. It also seems like we are long overdue for another ferry boat or two to increase transportation capacity.

Walt Disney1955

I always thought that on opening day and even the first couple or so years would be pretty tough on the people waiting in line for this stuff. I would suggest there were times when they knew they needed either more monorails or ferries. But that time in between would have been tough for the waiting guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom