How Many DVC Resorts Have You Stayed At?

cindy_k

Been a member too many years to count actual trips...
My parents bought when I was a teenager (WLV and SSR) , and now I own at BLT

OKW
BWV
BCV
AKL Kidani
WLV
HHI
VB
SSR
BLT (I own here)

I haven't stayed at Poly, Grand Floridian, California and Hawaii.

I have also used my points to book stays in Washington DC, London, and North Carolina.

ji4310

Also have been too many times to count stays, stayed at all but VGC and Aulani. Definitely planning a trip to CA and hope to score a couple nights there. Traded a years points once for a trade to a condo in Kauai. Next trip to Hawaii hope to spend a few nights at Aulani. Such a long trip from the east coast! We love our WDW trips but we are also big fans of their resort at Hilton Head. So relaxing, more than a Disney cruise.

We have stayed at the following DVC's over the last 18 years.
AKL both Jambo and Kidani - Our home resort and love the resort amenities and availability to buses
BLT - love for close proximity to MK and being on monorail
OKW
BWV
BCV - love for the pool and close proximity to Epcot and HS (we love to eat at Epcot World Showcase)
WLV - really want to try to the new section and see renovations
VB - been here twice. Not enough to do when the weather is not great
SSR - least favorite for location and how big it is
Tree houses - Tried this last year and enjoyed it. Very remote but was nice for a couple days
PRV - this is my favorite for the room set up and location. I love the Polynesian theme though :)

Going to Aulani in November for Thanksgiving. So excited.
Never been to GFV, HHI or GC (always sold out) - but on our list

slappy magoo

We've stayed 3X each at both BLT and our home resort SSR (along with a single night arrived-early studio at SSR one time)
My wife Slappette and I honeymooned with a week in a WLV studio followed by 3 nights in a 1BR at BWV. After that trip, with the exception of occasional one night stays we've only ever stayed in 1 or 2BR units. Doing laundry in our room changed everything :)
Before this past Xmas we also took a surprise December trip, 4 nights at VAK (1 night studio, 3 nights 1BR savannah), followed by 2 nights in a 1BR at VGF. My wife and I also stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge before it was DVC, our first WDW trip and our first trip anywhere
We've also had 3 trips to Hilton Head, one as an add on to a WDW trip where we drove and spent a few nights on the way home, one in a 1BR with our little Slapperina, one trip in a 2BR with Slapperina and Slappetina along with Slappette's parents.
Before meeting Slappette I did spend a few nights in the Vero Beach resort. And this year I took a trip with some family that my wife and kids could not go on. Spent a night in a Poly studio and two nights in BCV

correcaminos

We've stayed 3X each at both BLT and our home resort SSR (along with a single night arrived-early studio at SSR one time)
My wife Slappette and I honeymooned with a week in a WLV studio followed by 3 nights in a 1BR at BWV. After that trip, with the exception of occasional one night stays we've only ever stayed in 1 or 2BR units. Doing laundry in our room changed everything :)
Before this past Xmas we also took a surprise December trip, 4 nights at VAK (1 night studio, 3 nights 1BR savannah), followed by 2 nights in a 1BR at VGF. My wife and I also stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge before it was DVC, our first WDW trip and our first trip anywhere
We've also had 3 trips to Hilton Head, one as an add on to a WDW trip where we drove and spent a few nights on the way home, one in a 1BR with our little Slapperina, one trip in a 2BR with Slapperina and Slappetina along with Slappette's parents.
Before meeting Slappette I did spend a few nights in the Vero Beach resort. And this year I took a trip with some family that my wife and kids could not go on. Spent a night in a Poly studio and two nights in BCV

Can I just say I love the way you name your family here :joyfull:

DisneyFreak

We've stayed at...

Old Key West
Boardwalk
Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House and Kidani Village
Saratoga Springs
Vero Beach
Wilderness Lodge - Boulder Ridge

eliza61nyc

So far,
Beach club (my home resort)
SSR
OKW
AKL (jambo house and will be at Kidandi in April)
Boardwalk
Grand Floridian
WL (my second favorite)

I doubt I'll ever do Vero Beach, lol I live near the Jersey shore so that's the beach I dream of.

DABIGCHEEZ

We have stayed at:
SSR (home resort)- numerous times
OKW - numerous times
BCV - once
BWV - once
Kidani(our favorite) - numerous times
Vero Beach - once and probably no need to go again.
Aulani- didn't stay but visited during business trip to Oahu... don't think we'd stay there if we ever make it to Oahu
GFV, BLT and HH- No desire to stay at
Poly and WL- probably in the future

RookieMouse

Only been owners since 2009, so we are slowly working on the list, but as we only make it to WDW every couple of years or so, then it may take awhile. Planning on more frequent trips in a few years once the nest is empty and it is just the wife and I travelling. Here is the tally so far:

BLT (home resort) - twice
Kidani - twice
VGF - will be there March 3-10

Non-DVC stays: Wilderness Lodge

As well, we have had my sister and her husband stay at OKW on our points, and my sister-in-law and two nieces also stay at OKW on our points on separate occasions. When we know we aren't doing DVC a particular year, we rent our points through David's.

On the wish list (for my wife and I) are BCV (Food and Wine Festival), Aulani (someday), Copper Creek at VWL, and Poly.

ryguy

We've stayed at:
Saratoga
Bay Lake Tower
Polynesian
Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani
Beach Club
Boardwalk

And then we are staying at OKW in a few weeks. VGF is one of our home resorts, but we can never get availability for our dates.
What are your usual dates when you try for VGF?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have no interest in Aulani...but have stayed in the others...

Rankings in WDW:

1. Beach Club
2. AKL
3. Wilderness
4. Boardwalk
5. Poly
6. OKW
7. GF
8. Saratoga
9. Contemporary

I don’t mind any of them now that Saratoga has decent appeal...just minor preferences.

EngineerMom

Own at Saratoga but have not stayed there yet. We like the look of the Wilderness Lodge but don’t like the transportation options

Beach
Boardwalk - 3 times
Animal Kingdom -3 times Favorite except for convenience to park, wish there was a private pool
Grand Floridian - Beautiful place, did not like the pool
Bay Lake Towers - liked the location, extra bathroom but not the look
Old key West
Grand Californian
Port Orleans for 1 night
Points for skiing in Colorado and Lake George getaway

I stayed at Poly as a kid and we have been over there these days. It was OK but not worried about staying there

Have thought about Vero and HH

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom