How many Disney Resorts have you stayed at?

cococola44

Go ahead, how many?

Count them on your fingers now!!!

No, how about writing them ALL down...

Yes...I KNOW you have been to THAT many.

So this is how this poll works...Click on the resort that you have been at...as many as you'd like (or have REALLY stayed at)

Then post how many you have stayed at...which one was your TRUE favorite and WHY?

Discuss and vote.

KaliSplash

We've stayed at six if you count All Star Sports and All Star Music separately, most of them more than once.

Wilderness Lodge is our favorite, although we also liked the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary.

Carribean Beach Resort was our first Disney Resort, back when it was the cheap alternative, with rooms about $80 per night.

Grand Floridian and All Star Music are the only two we've stayed in only once.

Upvote 0

yankspy

1. Grand Floridian, 1x
2. Poly, 1x
3. Boardwalk, 3x
4. Boardwalk villas, 2x
5. Beach club,1x
6. Beach club villas, 3x
7. Wilderness lodge, 2x
8. Wilderness lodge villas, 1x
9. Saratoga Springs, 1x
10. Old key west, 1x
11. Coronado springs, 1x
12. Dixie landings, 2x
13. Port orleans french quarter, 1x
14. port orleans riverside, 2x

I would have to say the GF was my favorite but that was also due to the room we had (castle view) and it was our honeymoon. My next would be either the poly or the WL because they are both beautiful, have the best restaurants, and close to MK. But they are all special in their own way.

Upvote 0

a2grafix

What about "The Disney Inn," which is now Shades of Green. What about The Swan? What about Howard Johnsons and The Hilton on Lake Buena Vista Drive near the Walt Disney World Marketplace?

Okay, here's my on-site stay list, though the years --

Contemporary Resort (5 times -- from 1978-1988)
Polynesian Resort (2 times, 1980s)
Port Orleans (1993 -- when it was just "Port Orleans")
The Disney Inn (1990)
Shades of Green (2007)
The Swan (1988 / 1990)
The Hilton (1985)
Howard Johnson Hotel (early, mid 1980s)

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Stayed at six different resorts:

Polynesian
Contemporary
Grand Floridian
Yacht Club
Dixie Landings & Port Orleans Riverside (one time each name)
Port Orleans French Quarter

This summer we'll be at the Caribbean Beach.

The Poly is my fav deluxe for many reasons. Location, ambiance, amenities, and also the first on property resort we stayed at. As far as Moderates, POFQ. Love the size of the resort, nothing is too far from anything else.

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

In order of preferance:

1. Boardwalk Inn
2. Beach Club
3. Animal Kingdom Lodge
4. Wilderness Lodge
5. Coronado Springs
6. POFQ
7. POR
8. Caribbean Beach
9. All Star Movies
10. All Star Music

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Poly, Contemporary, Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, POR, POFQ, CBR. Once off site, years ago, Homewood Suites, I think...never again!

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

So far, we've stayed at All-Star Movies, POP, Coronado, POR and The Villas At Wilderness Lodge. POP is our favourite value and Coronado is favourite moderate. As new DVC members (with developer points to 'spend' :)), we are able to take 3 trips this year which will allow us to try 3 different resorts: Saratoga Springs, Beach Club Villas and The Animal Kingdom Villas. So excited!

Upvote 0

scorp111

So far we have stayed at:

Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Wilderness Lodge
PO Riverside
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
Pop Century
All Star Sports
Animal Kingdom Lodge

All of these are in the last 3 1/2 years.

On our trip next month, we will add the Contemporary and AKL Villas to the list.

We have been DVC members since last May, and this will be our 2nd trip on points (the AKL villas part)

Favorite is either Wilderness Lodge or AKL at this point, although we have been happy with all of them.

Upvote 0

Jim B

In approximate chronological order from 1992 to present:

Contemporary
Carribean Beach
Port Orleans (now Port Orleans French Quarter)
Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
Dolphin (not on the survey but we consider it onsite)
All Stars (multiple stays at all three)
Pop Century (multiple stays)

Our favorite is the Pop Century. We don't spend much time at the resort so it's a much better value for us. It's noticeably quieter than the All Stars most times. I seem to remember the Caribbean Beach bus service multiple stops adding time to the park transport and return time, but that was over ten years ago. We also always have a rental car, so we usually resort hop via car to any resort we may want to enjoy for a few hours, which we do several times each stay.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
12 for me...

Polynesian (twice)
Wilderness Lodge
Grand Floridian
Fort Wilderness
Port Orleans FQ
Coronado Springs
All Star Movies (twice)
All Star Sports
All Star Music
Pop Century (twice)
Dolphin
Shades of Green (twice)

Upvote 0

rileyspaw

ALL STAR SPORTS, MUSIC and MOVIES
POP CENTURY
POLYNESIAN
WILDERNESS LODGE
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE (favorite)
PORT ORLEANS
DISNEY YACHT CLUB
OLD KEY WEST

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Have stayed at:
Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside (when it was Dixie Landings...love that name better), Coronado Springs, All Star Sports, Pop Century.

My fav....hard to say. They were all great hotels with different experiences. Plus I was with different people at some of them and that matters.
OK, I love the look of POR, the pool at CS, the decor at POP/ASSp and mudslide at POR (yummmmmy). :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom