How many Disney Guide books do you own?

ScottNBecky

How many Disney guide books(Unofficial, Birnbaum's etc..) do you own?

As a follow up are there any that you buy each year, or each new edition no matter what?

LoriMistress

For this trip, I'm using TGM. I won a PP book, and I like it, but it has a lot of very basic information that's available online for free. I have used the UG book before and I like their books.

Upvote 0

kymie

I too have the Brit's Guide 01, 03, 05, 06, 07, and the Unofficial Guide 06, Birnbaum's 06, and Birnbaum's Kids guide 07. I usually buy the Brits Guide as soon as it comes out-being so far away you never know what you might not know (although now I've found this I have a good idea whats going on!!). I've also got the Lou Mongello WDW Trivia Books 1 + 2 which gave me things to look out for. Oh and I have a Hidden Mickey's book but havent had chance to read it yet!

Upvote 0

lumpydj

3 Unofficial WDW guides, 2002, 2003, 2005
2 Unofficial DL Guides 2003, 2008 :sohappy:
1 Birnbaums DL 2008 :sohappy:

I usually only get them when I'm planning a trip. I also bought a Hidden Mickey's DL book for 2008. Does that count? :lookaroun

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

I have 3. I first got the official w/o kids but it really stunk. It wasn't organized all that well and was hard to read. After that I bought the normal offical guide. It had all the same information but was much easier to read and to look up information in. I also bought a couple offical guides for my in laws (it was their first trip). Eventually I got bored and needed something else to hold me over until the trip. I bought the Unofficial guide and boy do I wish I would have started with that one.

Upvote 0

DAKOTADISNEY

A few months back I picked up the "Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom - An Imagineer's-Eye Tour" by the Imagineers. It's pocket size so you can take it with you while roaming around in the park. They also have them for the other 3 parks. It's more trivia than planning.

Upvote 0

BigNormsMom

We have all of the Birnbaum's since '98 and just picked up 2008 this past Sunday. Just one about traveling with children. I Also have one for DL, the Hidden Mickey's and Little Know Facts about WDW. :lol: Plus, I have several of the hardcover books on the building of WDW. Around the World with Disney; WDW 20 Magical Years; Walt Disney World; Walt Disney world Resorts; Since the World Began; The Making of Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park; Walt Disney World Resort - A Souvenir for the Millennum; Share a Dream Come True; Insider Yearbook 2005 (which was such a big disappointment); Brown Derby Recipes and The History of the Brown Derby all in hard cover. I guess that would make me a Disney Freak:sohappy:. These were mostly (except for the Birnbaum's) purchased by my DH who was an avid reader of anything Disney. Since his passing in May 2006, we have not returned to Disney, it is too painful to think of going without him.:cry:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom