How many days in Disney?

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Considering time off from work, cost and whatnot, how many nights do you typically stay in Disney World for, and how many nights would you like to (if you want to stay more than the previosuly mentioned things will allow)?

And no, don't say forever - I already thought of that.:animwink:

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
It's funny - I stayed for 10 days about 4 years ago, and I wouldn't say I was bored, but on the 10th day, I was "ready to go home".

Oddly, the last couple times I've been, I've been nowhere near close to being "ready to go home".

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Package trips from the UK are usually 7 or 14 days. 7 days and you're going home before you realise that you've arrived - so our trips to WDW are for 14 days AND we make sure that we don't get bored.

Upvote 0

nfeagle5

I have been for 7, 10, 14 days and i have to say i had the most fun when i stayed for 14 and if it was my choice i would have gone for 20 because we had so much fun we didnt want to leave and we actually set up another trip for 10 days 2 months later after we got back.:)

Upvote 0
My family usually accumulates our DVC points and for the last few vacations we've stayed for 3 and a half weeks I think :) And I never get sick of it! But then again, we go every other year so I'm deprived :p

Upvote 0
J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Wow - I wish I could get that much time off of work at one time.

Well, that, and enough money for food for 3 weeks!

Upvote 0
Wow - I wish I could get that much time off of work at one time.

My dad can't :( So he usually meets my mom, brother and I down there a bit later!

As for the food, I don't know how my parents can afford it either, they must save like mad! Bless 'em :)

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Last year we spent 9 days and that was not enough. It seemed like we missed doing so many things. In December we will only be staying fo 7 days and I do not know how I will get through such a short stay.:cry: But, I guess to make myself feel better I will have to make reservations for another trip in February. :sohappy:

It is so tough when you have children in school. WDW is so busy on the school vacation weeks. I prefer to go at the slowest times of the year. When she gets out of school watch out WDW!!
I'm moving in!!:p

Upvote 0
J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Bless 'em is right.

Speaking for myself, on food alone in January, I spent over $1,000 between my girlfriend and me over 8 days - And this was eating fast food meals for lunch pretty much every day.

Of course, I had to have at least 2 ice creams a day, popcorn, cotton candy, caramel apples, a couple sodas....

:hurl:

Upvote 0
J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Originally posted by PhilharMagician
Last year we spent 9 days and that was not enough. It seemed like we missed doing so many things. In December we will only be staying fo 7 days and I do not know how I will get through such a short stay.:cry: But, I guess to make myself feel better I will have to make reservations for another trip in February. :sohappy:

It is so tough when you have children in school. WDW is so busy on the school vacation weeks. I prefer to go at the slowest times of the year. When she gets out of school watch out WDW!!
I'm moving in!!:p

9 days wasn't enough????

You sound like me. That's what I say. I mean, I do everything I want to do. I guess the problem is, I like to do everything at least a few times. Anything less than 3 days in the Magic kingdom just isn't enough for me.

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

You're all very fortunate to stay for at least a week. The most we've ever stayed at WDW is 3 nights and 4 days. The bright side is that because we go for such little time we get to return at some point later in the year, and being in Miami that comes easy to us to just drive the 3-4 hours up there. If money isn't tight, we always try to go at least twice a year for a long weekend. Oh, and like some mentioned, it's hard for BOTH my parents to get so much time off, so we have to settle for the weekends. Hopefully one day we'll get to stay longer.

Upvote 0

MagicalMonorail

We only go for 5 days. I wish we could go for 10. I would want to go the parks 2 days each and take a couple of days off. I'd also like to take a day for the water parks. So much to do, so little time!

Upvote 0

iluvstitch

My longest trip was probably as a child for 9 or 10 days, and I didn't get bored at all.

My bf and I are going for 8 days in May, which originally sounded like a lot of time. But now that I am planning out an itenirary- I can barely fit in all 4 parks, both waterparks, disney quest, a couple ps's and the keys to the kingdom tour.

This past summer I went to WDW in July and then did a 7 day disney cruise in August- I thought I would be sick of Disney but it just made my addiction worse!

My ideal vacation would probably be a week in WDW, then the 7 day Western Disney cruise then after the cruise, a few more days in WDW and some at Universal. -Stephanie

Upvote 0

swimmom

Getting off work for more than a week for my husband & I is a problem, so the longest we've gone is a week. Also with a daughter in high school, more than a week during the school year isn't possible except over Christmas break, and then we have the family to contend with. (Can't be gone for Christmas!)

With some planning, we will probably go for 10 days sometime in the future, but it will have to be in the summer when it is soooo hot!

We always end each trip on a happy note by planning our next visit. :)

Upvote 0

Pippa

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Package trips from the UK are usually 7 or 14 days. 7 days and you're going home before you realise that you've arrived - so our trips to WDW are for 14 days AND we make sure that we don't get bored.

Yes but I would love to be able to afford 3 weeks!

Upvote 0

Sloan

How long?

Because we're only a few hours away, we usually make it a 3-4 day weekend, and find that we can have a great time. I think a week would be ideal, but as many have stated, not so easy to get time off.

I feel that by enjoying many "short" trips, the experience stays fresh, and we can rotate the parks and attractions that we focus on. This also fits in to accomodating the season (for instance, we avoid AK & MK in the worst summer heat and go for the greater a/c in EPCOT). Of course, the flxibility of the AP allows us to set our own schedules.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

My longest trip was for three weeks. It was a few years back and we stayed at ASMusic. It was new then...(so wow, it was quite some time ago)...and my parents loved it so much that we extended our stay.

I think I could really appreciate three weeks again. Our typical stay is two weeks long.

Upvote 0

sarajo

Our longest trip has been for 9 days. I would like to try a 14 or 17 day stay so we could do everything that we want to do and not miss anything that is on our "to-do" list. When we were there for 9 days, there were still things left undone. Oh well... I'm just glad that we're able to go down there when we can.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom