How many days in Disney?

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Considering time off from work, cost and whatnot, how many nights do you typically stay in Disney World for, and how many nights would you like to (if you want to stay more than the previosuly mentioned things will allow)?

And no, don't say forever - I already thought of that.:animwink:

barnum42

Like most Britons it's a two week trip for me. The first few years I would go to other parks as well, but now I'm in the parks every day from the evening I arrive to the morning and afternoon of when I fly home.

I have never been bored. You get to take it easy, there is no rush to fit in all the rides.

*In best Vivian from The Young Ones voice*

It's COMPLETELY BRILLIANT!

Upvote 0

imagineer99

The longest trip I've spent at WDW has been 2 nights and 3 days.

My family and i usually make it there once a year. We fly in on friday and leave Sunday of the very same weekend.

It's always too short, but it least it leaves us always wanting more.:)

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
We go down for 6 nights typically (drive down and arrive on a Sunday - do the parks M, T, TH & F with Wed as a day off, then check out on Saturday and drive home).

We're a bit rushed, but the mid-week day off is REALLY nice. If i had no constraints, I'd stay 10 days I'd predict. It's always a treat to vacation there, and I wouldn't want to ruin it by overstaying my welcome. I think with 10 days I could see all 4 parks, twice, casually, maybe a night or 2 at downtown disney, tour the other resorts, play a round of golf and just do some other things that we never do on a one-week whirl wind tour.

Upvote 0

ogryn

Yep, 14 nights for me. But that's not all Disney ya know.

2 days at Universal
1 day at SeaWorld
1 day at Busch Gardens
1 day at various I-Drive attractions
1 day at Florida Mall
1 day at Wet 'n' Wild (if we want burnt feet and well... burnt everything else... why don't they get more shade...ugh)

We've also done, Gatorland, Cypress Gardens and Silver Springs in our time

Upvote 0

hoppypooh

We went for 7 days in January and felt like we barely scratched the surface of WDW. We saw all the rides and shows but had very little time to "explore" (shops, other resorts, restaurants etc.) Plus we were always rushed (go, go, go!) to stay on schedule.

I would love to go for 2-3 weeks and really savour WDW - but there's no way we could do that anytime soon - finances and work just won't allow. :cry:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

We average 8 days/7 nights during the summer, and 3 or 4 nights during Christmas. We plan and stratagize so much before hand, we almost always do whatever we want to do in a trip. We don't do "everything" everytime. We're from Chicago, there's always next year. (Shout out to my fellow Cubs fans.) A few years ago we started planning a "hotel fun day" in the middle of the week. This is a great way to break up the week, let the kids sleep late (with teenagers, they'd sleep all day if we let them) and re-energize. Dinner on "hotel fun day" is usually at the ESPN club so we can visit the Boardwalk, go mini-golfing at Fantasia Gardens and shoot over to DTD for shopping.

Oh yeah, if I had my druthers and enough cash, a 10 day trip would definitely be my choice.

Upvote 0
Our last trip was 8 days long including arrival/departure days during slow season. The ride waits were minimal, but it still didn't feel like enough time. Some members of your group may want to take the ocassional rest *gasp* or LEISURELY stroll to the next attraction *gasp again* as was the case during my visit. By the way, I'm not saying to not stop and smell the roses, I just get overexcited when I'm there :lol: ! 10 days sounds like just enough!

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Being a young adult (college student,) I'm not able to stay for very long on my *own* wallet, however fortunately my folks (and my boyfriend's folks) haven't cut me off from "family trips" yet, haha, so when we go with family we usually stay for about 6-7 days, on property. When left to our own devices we can afford between 2-4 nights usually (since we also have to pay for airfare, which from where we live is about $200 per person, give or take $50 depending on time of year and special and stuff...)

I've found that either way works, really - both my boyfriend and I have been to WDW a LOT, so when we go for a couple of days it's not so bad if we have to cut a couple of attractions out or skip one of the parks - we're mostly there for the atmosphere and to just soak it all up and enjoy not being at work or school (well, and to see PotC and Splash, our two fave rides, hehe!) And we also know that we'll be back again, so whatever we miss we pick up on the next time. But it's also really nice to get there and know that you HAVE 6 or 7 days to get stuff in rather than having that feeling of "Oh my gosh, I just got here and I have to leave the day after tomorrow!"

OK, enough of my rambling...for now...LOL

Upvote 0

johnvree

The longest I have ever stayed was 8 nights. That was before I was married and before I had kids. I don't remember feeling rushed. But I was pretty naive as to what WDW had to offer so I know I missed a lot.

We have since had a couple of 7 night trips and each time we'd wished that we had more time. It just didn't allow us enough time to relax.

Our last trip was for 4 nights and it was way too commando. My wife almost divorced me and my children put themselves up for adoption. If you only have 4 or 5 days, you really have to make sacrifices in what you want to do.

In less than 2 weeks :sohappy: we leave for a 2 1/2 week trip. We drive down from NJ, so some of it is travel. But we will be spending 4 nights at Universal and than 10 nights at Disney. This will certainly allow us to take our time. Can't wait.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Originally posted by johnvree

In less than 2 weeks :sohappy: we leave for a 2 1/2 week trip. We drive down from NJ, so some of it is travel. But we will be spending 4 nights at Universal and than 10 nights at Disney. This will certainly allow us to take our time. Can't wait.

WOW! 4 days @ Universal? I tried that last year and was bored after 2 days. I had already paid for passes so I went, but I wished I was back in Disney even though I was just there for 9 days

Upvote 0

johnvree

Originally posted by PhilharMagician
WOW! 4 days @ Universal? I tried that last year and was bored after 2 days. I had already paid for passes so I went, but I wished I was back in Disney even though I was just there for 9 days
It's really 3 days, since the first night we get in around 10:00. That leaves one day to hang out at the RPR, one day for IOA and one day for US. Then it's off to the AKL for three nights and then the Poly for 7.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

The longest we've ever stayed is 7 days. We usually do 4 days/3 nights. We don't get to see everything, but then we can always go back again. :D One year I met a woman who told me they have been spending the month of August in the WL for years.

Upvote 0

Huggups

I usually stay for 5 nights but could easily do a week. I've been there soooo many times that I usually just to go to relax and do the parks leisurely and EAT, EAT, EAT!:slurp:

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

Our first 3 trips were for 6 days 5 nights, that wasn't enough for us.....so last year we upped it to 11 days 10 nights,
again not enough...so in 12 days we leave for our next trip of 15 nights and 15 days!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Huggups

Originally posted by gjpjtj
Our first 3 trips were for 6 days 5 nights, that wasn't enough for us.....so last year we upped it to 11 days 10 nights,
again not enough...so in 12 days we leave for our next trip of 15 nights and 15 days!!! :sohappy:

Whoa!: :dazzle: Good for you! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

epcot2004

We usually stay 7 nights . The last trip we took in March was only for 5 nights. That wasn't long enough considering we went off-property for a day. We actually came home with a day left on our Hopper Pass! I would like to go for 2 weeks but my work schedule does not allow for that.:(

Upvote 0

eclipseSD

My family is primarily into fully experiencing the parks first and foremost, and spending the spare time at the resort and entertainment areas. With this new EMH program, more rides can be fit into the schedule early and late in the day, so the crowded mid-July afternoon is spent exploring other areas of the resort.

Anyways, we are staying:

2 Nights Portofino Bay
7 Nights Grand Floridian
Years and Years of Memories

Not too long, not too short. Enough to do what we want to do, but not become overly bored. However, if it were not for FOTL and EMH, we might have to extend the stay to fit in our plans, but Universal and Disney have really come through with these great perks.

Upvote 0

chucknstuff

Originally posted by johnvree

I thought 5 was the nly one this crazy from Jersey... :hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom