How long to we have to look at the Queen?

Professortango1

Original Poster
I don't hate her personally or anything, just odd to have this MASSIVE picture and dedication to a random political figure who died of old age after living a life of power and luxury built on the backs of oppression. She also has nothing really to do with Disney.

Professortango1

Original Poster
If a dedication to Britain's longest reigning monarch offends you such then maybe find a non British website.
P.s. she is nothing to do with politics .
I'm not offended by her. The concept of "royalty" and bloodlines better than others is certainly problematic and incredibly outdated. Her picture is just annoying due to the size and the fact that it appears on EVERY PAGE. I also didn't realize this was a British site, but I wouldn't expect MiceChat to have a giant dedication to Jimmy Carter when he dies, despite his work and sacrifice he's made since leaving office.

And forgive me, but how does a Monarch not classify as political?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Screenshot_20220913-084204.png

This may cure your "problem"

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm not offended by her. The concept of "royalty" and bloodlines better than others is certainly problematic and incredibly outdated. Her picture is just annoying due to the size and the fact that it appears on EVERY PAGE. I also didn't realize this was a British site, but I wouldn't expect MiceChat to have a giant dedication to Jimmy Carter when he dies, despite his work and sacrifice he's made since leaving office.

And forgive me, but how does a Monarch not classify as political?
Like her/the institution or not the queen did not take political stances so is not considered political and as my brother said this is a UK site and as such is just paying proper resect as such
Debating a form of government would be political. it's a fine line and @wdwmagic could explain it much better

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't hate her personally or anything, just odd to have this MASSIVE picture and dedication to a random political figure who died of old age after living a life of power and luxury built on the backs of oppression. She also has nothing really to do with Disney.
Until the owner of this site - a British site - decides.

You can always click the X

nickys

Premium Member
As @marni1971 said, until @wdwmagic decides. Which I suspect may be at the end of our period of National Mourning, namely the morning after the funeral.

I’m constantly amazed how many people never notice the “Made in England” until it’s pointed out to them.

Lilofan

As @marni1971 said, until @wdwmagic decides. Which I suspect may be at the end of our period of National Mourning, namely the morning after the funeral.

I’m constantly amazed how many people never notice the “Made in England” until it’s pointed out to them.
Not many knew that the popular Indian dish Chicken Tikka Masala was not brought over from India. This national dish of the UK was invented in England, made in England.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom