How long does it take you to lose your mind while waiting on a stuck ride?

Tom Orrow

Original Poster
)What I mean is that for instance your on its a small world and your boat is waiting to move forward but does not and the " its a small world song" plays again and again and again. (Please leave your braking point below! :fork: )

plaz10

I don't really mind unless it exceeds 15 minutes (unless I'm on Spaceship Earth, then I could be stuck forever)

But my boyfriend cannot stand getting stuck on splash mountain "briar fox and briar bear are causin a ruckus upstream!" He then quotes it in this extremely hick accent. It's not his favorite part. haha.

drossjr

I don't really mind unless it exceeds 15 minutes (unless I'm on Spaceship Earth, then I could be stuck forever)

But my boyfriend cannot stand getting stuck on splash mountain "briar fox and briar bear are causin a ruckus upstream!" He then quotes it in this extremely hick accent. It's not his favorite part. haha.

:ROFLOL:this happens oh so many times it not even funny, if it happned just once during a ride no and then no big deal but the past few times I have been on it seems to happen more then once

Chrononymous

)What I mean is that for instance your on its a small world and your boat is waiting to move forward but does not and the " its a small world song" plays again and again and again. (Please leave your braking point below! :fork: )

Yep. This happened to me the first time I rode it.

But imagine being stuck in the doorway between two rooms, so not only are you hearing the song in different languages, but at slightly different speeds, and parts simultaneously.

It was only 20 minutes of being stuck...but in about five minutes...I was ready to jump out of that boat and take my chances.

LoriMistress

That normally happens to me too. I find it a bit annoying, but not to the point of wanting to go postal or anything. :D

Master Gracey 5

The longest I was ever stuck was probably about 20 min or so at the HM. We didn't mind except we were under an AC vent and got a bit chilly. Now had I been stuck on something less interesting I would have been a bit unhappy. Ultimately it depends on what you are on.

DebDeb

We got stuck on RR at the end waiting to get off for about 15 minutes! If you wanted to get off you couldn’t because of those shoulder harnesses!! Got just a little claustrophobic toward the end there! Well a lot! I kept thinking what if we were in the middle of the ride hanging upside down or something! My husband said that’s not possible. Boy was I ready to get off that ride! Well we finally get let off and we go to see our picture and it is hilarious! The guy goes on and on and puts my daughter’s mouth wide open hair going straight up screaming face on all the monitors! Then he proceeds to give us all the VIP treatment and takes us in the back way and puts us back on the ride!! I really wanted to chicken out but I didn’t! I kept praying please God don’t let the ride get stuck again....please God don’t let the ride get stuck again! Lucky for me it didn’t!

fosse76

I was stuck on Test Track...during the first brake test there was ripping sound and the smell of burning rubber. We must have been there for about 15 minutes before we were taken off the ride. It was late to begin with, so I'm not sure if the ride re-opened. But I was fairly patient. I didn't mind at all. If I had been stuck on It's a Small World, Guest Relations would have gotten a earful!

hpyhnt 1000

Out of all the rides I have been stuck on, I have to say the only ride that annoyed me was Test Track. I think it had something to do with being restrained in a seat belt I couldn't unbuckle along with the fact that I could see that if I could get out, it was safe to do so. So frustrating after about 10 mins to be stuck there. :dazzle:

BrerFrog

IASW - About two minutes before I jump on the smelly water and get out of there.

I will be fine with being stuck on any other rides, though.

The only ride I have been stuck on is SSE. We were stuck at the apex right where you turn around for your descent. I was very tired of being told that we were turning around for our return to earth over and over for 15 minutes. I have been very lucky to have only been stuck once on a ride.

harveyt0206

It totally depends on the ride. I try not to stress out about too much while I am at Disney. Most rides are comfortable with room to move a bit. The only time I get frustrated is if I get stuck on transportation. I get a bit clausterphobic when surrounded by too many people so transportation to and from the parks is always an issue for me.

Other than that - no worries.

Susan Savia

We got stopped for about l5 minutes one time on the ride in Mexico (before the change was done) right at the end of it where the song repeats and repeats.

We were on SE and counted 6 times where the ride came to a complete stop. The entire trip on that ride took us 45 minutes. We are never in a hurry so we take the 'stops' on rides as a little extra chance to rest before heading on to the next thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom