How long do you think until a country is added to WS?

When will a new country be added to WS?

• Under 5 years.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • 5 years.

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • 10 years.

Votes: 38 33.0%
  • 20 years.

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Never

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters

rodserling27

I don't think it's the most neglected, but it's definitely the least "updated" maybe?

Sadly, I don't think they will ever add another country.

MarkTwain

Realistically I doubt they will never add another country. It would take a huge amount of diplomacy and cooperation with countries on their part, an effort I don't see them taking now that half of their pavilions are now unsponsored. Not to mention that Disney doesn't seem too interested in building attractions that aren't related to hit franchises, at least not at the moment anyway.

And yet, the optimistic side of me made me vote 10 years. :)

plaz10

I'd like to think that in 10 years there will be a new one...

But if you ask if I'd rather have: a villain park and/or land in MK, more rides in AK, a Monsters INC coaster at DHS, a new scene in Soarin, or more actual rides in any of the 4 parks...then the answer is YES over a new country in WS.

dreamscometrue

I recently received my wicked awesome D23 calendar...a 23 month collection of artwork and explanation of unrealized Disney Imagineering projects. One of those was for a pavillion of Switzerland, complete with a Matterhorn, which was to fittingly be between Germany and Italy.

Does anyone know why this didn't happen?

Any insiders or CMs hear rumours of adding more countries in the not too distant future? I believe Norway was last, way back in 1988.

MarkTwain

I recently received my wicked awesome D23 calendar...a 23 month collection of artwork and explanation of unrealized Disney Imagineering projects. One of those was for a pavillion of Switzerland, complete with a Matterhorn, which was to fittingly be between Germany and Italy.

Any insiders or CMs hear rumours of adding more countries in the not too distant future? I believe Norway was last, way back in 1988.

Switzerland was back in the mid-1990s; my mom, who worked for TDO at the time, got to attend the Swiss diplomats' welcoming party. It was VERY close to approval, apparently.

Kinda glad it didn't, to be honest. WS is a little Europe-heavy, and I'm glad we got Everest instead.

And there was a rumor a few years ago that Dubai/the United Arab Emirates would be coming to World Showcase. I have no trouble believing this, they've certainly got the money! :lol: But they probably figured their theme park funds would be better spent on Dubailand... :lookaroun

At the moment, I wouldn't believe any rumors of a country coming to World Showcase until the global recession lifts... most countries have more urgent economic priorities than building theme park rides, realistically.

BrerFrog

Hopefully on the next couple of years they will open a Brazilian pavillion so that I will be able to do a second CP. :lol:

Now, after coming back to earth I will say never.

Figment632

Original Poster

That would have been great I have always wanted The Matterhorn in WDW :cry:

Matt and Kelly

It would be great to see another country added to WS. No clue when that may be, but I selected 5 years...maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Figment632

Original Poster
It would be great to see another country added to WS. No clue when that may be, but I selected 5 years...maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Yea imo while they keep up on it as far as ne things being added it is the most neglected part of WDW.

travelgip

I wish that they would add Ireland!!!
Me toooo, but unlikely since they already have Great Britian:king:. (bloody limies!, just kidding) Russia might be cool - or Ukraine countries. There is always the
Imaga - nation:lol:, but they have that already in Epcot don't they!

bjlc57

i doubt that we will see another park in my life time.. say with in 20 plus years..

right now Orlando is falling apart.. outside of the parks we saw no less then four abandoned hotels.. and even Pop Century has a "grave yard"..

the Orlando area is one of the most dangerous cities in the country.. and by the looks of things, not going to make a come back soon..

and so I say no chance will there be an addition to the World Showcase.. and only minimal expansion unless something totally drastic happens in management..

if they didn't expand during the years of full parks.. they won't expand now..

that's not to be gloom and doom.. it's just the way that it is..

Figment632

Original Poster
i doubt that we will see another park in my life time.. say with in 20 plus years..

right now Orlando is falling apart.. outside of the parks we saw no less then four abandoned hotels.. and even Pop Century has a "grave yard"..

the Orlando area is one of the most dangerous cities in the country.. and by the looks of things, not going to make a come back soon..

and so I say no chance will there be an addition to the World Showcase.. and only minimal expansion unless something totally drastic happens in management..

if they didn't expand during the years of full parks.. they won't expand now..

that's not to be gloom and doom.. it's just the way that it is..

No one said another park we are takling about a country in WS also Orlando is not one of the most dangerous ares in the country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom