how long are you willing to wait for a ride?

Diamond Dot

For rides I've not done yet, up to 120 minutes, for rides I've done, but, really love, 60-90 minutes, everything else apart from rides I find meh, up to 60 minutes.

I'm going to make sure I'm prepared, I have downloaded a ton of stuff off Disney+ onto my phone, bought myself some earbuds, plenty of my favourite music, I'll have snacks with me and water of course and a trip to the bathroom before I get in line. If the Mets are playing a spring training I may even watch a bit of that.

OG Runner

30 minutes. That is my limit.
In January of this year you wouldn't have even ridden Small World. One of the days I was there the wait time was 40 minutes.
I was amazed. Other years I have gone to WDW in January it was a walk on. Just a amazing the wait at Jungle Cruise was 75
minutes.

G00fyDad

In January of this year you wouldn't have even ridden Small World. One of the days I was there the wait time was 40 minutes.
I was amazed. Other years I have gone to WDW in January it was a walk on. Just a amazing the wait at Jungle Cruise was 75
minutes.

Yeah. I would have done a lot of sitting around and people watching. I refuse to stand in a line longer than 30 minutes. With FP+ I never had to skip a ride because of the waits. With this new G$ system I can see myself skipping a some things.

Wilbret

90 minutes for new rides, maybe. I won't get in a line over 30 minutes most days. It also depends on how the rest of the day goes. Most days I'll pass on FOP if it's over 60 minutes, but if we've done everything else, I might wait 90. But for rides like 7DMT? 30 minutes.

NelleBelle

Finally broke down and got a DAS pass last year. Now 30 minutes is about it for me before I'll use the pass. I'll be sure to get one again this year as it made such a difference in being able to wait somewhere else.

Walt Disney1955

I would say prior to us having kids, I could stomach over an hour if I really wanted to check something out. But now? 45 minutes tops. If that means you miss Peter Pan, so be it.

You have to navigate around the park and pick your battles. If you are in line for 90 minutes for something you wanted to ride, does that take away from 4-5 rides/shows you could attend otherwise?

Sbk1234

I will never wait longer than half the length of the attraction itself. For example, a ten minute ride, I'll wait five minutes. A three minute ride, I'll only wait one and a half minutes or less.

JK

Seriously, in the past I've done a pretty good job of avoiding really long lines, and still getting on most everything I wanted. I couldn't avoid ALL the long lines, though. When I had a season pass for Disneyland in California years ago, I never really worried about how long the lines were, since I could come back whenever I felt like it. The most I waited on years ago was Grizzly River Rapids (the equivalent to Kali River Rapids). It was my nieces' only must do attraction and we waited about 3 hours. I never would have done it if I only had a one day ticket.

Prototype82

3 hours is something I've done in the past when bringing newcomers to Flight of Passage. And frequently. I'm a die hard Avatar fan and its one of the few attractions I'll stomach it for. But I don't tend to have it left in me anymore. lol. Gotta find the right hour of the day.

NelleBelle

Three hours is an investment but I think when Radiator Springs Racers at DLR first opened, we may have waited 3hrs for that 🤔 But I don't think it was intentional--the ride would go down, much like TT. I think we jumped in line think 2-hrs was our absolute limit!

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
As a local, I'm willing to wait 90 for Flight of Passage, Rise of the Resistance, and Runaway Railway.

60 minutes for Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and Mine Train.

Everything else is pretty much a 30 minute max for me, though I'm much more flexible and willing to wait for pretty much whatever if I'm visiting the parks with someone who doesn't get to go as often.

mysto

The estimate was 15 minutes when I got in line, then it was bumped up to 60, then the ride broke down and well we've waited this long might as well stick it out, then when it reopened they estimated 3 hours and there's no way I'm giving up on this stupid thing at this point.

3 hours, my answer is 3 hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom