How long are extensions?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There are no set policies that I know of (I am sure there are some guidelines but they are not public knowledge) but you will need to call Disney ASAP. They will work with you.....after all they want your money.....I just do not know how flexible they will be.

Upvote 0

CMTinkerbell99

I need and extension for my trip. I wont beable to make the full payment by May 5th. Do they do it, if so how long?

When are you traveling? How late will your payment be? A week late...a month late ? If you pay late you will start seeing payment due notices but they will call you long before the reservation will be canceled. Call closer to your payment in full due date and let them know a rough idea of when you will be paying. HTH

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

With final payment for packages due at 45 days before travel, I believe they don't officially execute the cancellation until close to the 30 day mark - but I would call and double-check.

Upvote 0

Boray

Perhaps you should re-evaluate taking this trip. If you can't afford to pay for it on time, are you sacrificing something else, perhaps more important, to take this vacation? I'm just saying that maybe now isn't the time to spend money on a trip to Disney. :shrug:

Upvote 0

fosse76

Perhaps you should re-evaluate taking this trip. If you can't afford to pay for it on time, are you sacrificing something else, perhaps more important, to take this vacation? I'm just saying that maybe now isn't the time to spend money on a trip to Disney. :shrug:

It's comments like this that aggravate me. You don't know why they can't make the payment, you just automatically assume they can't afford it. It's actually pretty rude to make such assumptions. For all you know the trip is being paid for with a bonus and the payment is merely being delayed.

As others have stated, call Disney and work something out. They want your money so they'll do anything to get it. On my last trip I didn't actually pay until I got there and they charged my card (though it was a room-only reservation). Can you just put it on a credit card?

Upvote 0

Boray

It's comments like this that aggravate me. You don't know why they can't make the payment, you just automatically assume they can't afford it. It's actually pretty rude to make such assumptions. For all you know the trip is being paid for with a bonus and the payment is merely being delayed.

As others have stated, call Disney and work something out. They want your money so they'll do anything to get it. On my last trip I didn't actually pay until I got there and they charged my card (though it was a room-only reservation). Can you just put it on a credit card?

I'm not trying to stir the pot. These threads come up all the time and inevitably, someone brings up the point that maybe the OP should re-evaluate the situation. I'm just saying that maybe this isn't a good time and yes, call Disney, perhaps the OP can re-book for a later time in the year. I'm not trying to make any judgements, I'm just offering another look and different perspective.

Upvote 0

JrBernal83

Original Poster
WOW! I didnt know I was going to get that reply from anyone here. I was asking if anybody knew if Disney offered extensions, not financial advice. Just so you know Boray...my trip will be paid! I just need to support my drug habbit, or is it I was being nice and borrowed $$ to a friend, or maybe my car broke down, or maybe even I had to pay for some expensive medical expences. If you really knew the reason for my extension, you will be punching yourself in the gut for what you just said. Have a MAGICAL DAY!:wave:

Upvote 0

disneynut4u

When are you traveling? How late will your payment be? A week late...a month late ? If you pay late you will start seeing payment due notices but they will call you long before the reservation will be canceled. Call closer to your payment in full due date and let them know a rough idea of when you will be paying. HTH

I thought I was going to have to get an extension. My son had been real sick and was taking a lot out of me. I was afraid that I would not be able to make my final payment that was due by March 25. I called to ask about an extension. The CM told me that they do not offer extensions, but if you miss the due date, after a week they will send a late notice. She said that "usually" they send out 2 notices before they cancel your reservation. She said they make every effort to get in touch with you and work with you.

Fortunately, I was able to make my final payment and did not need the extra time. There are many reasons why things happen that someone may not be able to make a final payment. My son being sick took its toll on us and even though he's still sick, this is one thing he's looking forward to. I would not miss this trip with him. Good luck to you and hope everything works out for you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom