How late can changes be made?

Abbyjoe

I confirmed our trip for next week last month (this trip has been planned for over a year). Since then my husband has lost his job, been going on interviews and now my daughter is sick. Very sick, not just a cold.

The big question is...What is the latest date I can switch the names around on my reservations. We could send others in our places, I guess. But how much notice does Disney need? AND what are the penalties?

Any help would be much appreciated!

figmentmom

Sorry to hear about your husband's job and your daughter's illness! Hope things improve very quickly.

If you booked through a travel agent, I would ask their advice. If you booked your trip yourself, I'd call Disney and ask them what their policies are. Better safe than sorry!

Upvote 0

Abbyjoe

Original Poster
I booked through AAA and while she has done a nice job for us, I seem to know more about how things work than she does! I am going to call her monday, just looking for a game plan.

I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem at the last minute.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Jeff456

I can't really help you but i am sorry to hear about your bad news i hope your husband finds another job quickly and your daughter gets better.

Upvote 0

catne

Don't know if this info will help, but when I booked our AAA Disneyworld package (room & tickets) last month, I was booking 2 rooms, one for DH & myself, the other for my adult daughter & friend but did not know for 100% sure which friend was coming. I had to give them a name; my agent said if we needed to change the name later it would cost $50 (said it was a WDW charge to change the reservation.) Luckily, I got the right friend's name on the reservation. Don't know if WDW always charges this or if it's some deal between AAA & Disney because they are getting discounted rooms? Good luck, and hope things look up soon for you.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

This is from mousesavers.com:

When booking a "room only" reservation, you are subject to very few restrictions:
  • You must pay one night's room rate as a deposit within 14 days of reserving your room. (Except when booking online at DisneyWorld.com, in which case full payment is required if reserving within 45 days of arrival.)
  • Final payment of the remainder is due at check-in. (Except for online bookings; see above.)
  • You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 5 days prior to check-in. (6 days for online bookings.)
When booking a vacation package through WDTC, you will be subject to the following rules:
  • You must pay a $200 deposit within 14 days of reserving your package.
  • Final payment of the entire remainder is due 45 days prior to check-in. You have to pay in full right away if you are booking less than 45 days in advance.
  • You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 45 days in advance. From 6 to 44 days in advance, there is a cancellation fee of $100. If you cancel 5 days or less in advance, you pay a $200 penalty.
  • Any changes that result in a rate change, such as applying a discount code, reducing number of days and/or changing to a differently-priced resort, made 45 days or less prior to arrival, are subject to a $50 fee.
  • Beware - WDTC usually adds nonrefundable travel insurance to your package by default. If you don't want it, tell them while you are making the reservation. Once you hang up, it's too late. You can add the insurance later if you wish, up until your final payment is due. You can also buy travel insurance directly and usually save some money that way.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

First off, I hope your daughter gets better and that your husband finds a new job.

If it is going to cost more money to put others in your place, have them pay the extra fees, given that it is so soon.

I have a feeling that if you call Disney and explain your situation, they will either let you change the names without penalities, refund your trip altogether or even change your reservations to a later date. It is the magic of Disney. It can't hurt to call them and talk.

If you know more about it than your travel agent, then she needs to brush up on her travels. Don't wait any longer. Each day could cost you more money so call Disney tonight and talk to them. I am sure they can work somehting out with you.

Upvote 0

Abbyjoe

Original Poster
We booked magic your way with dining. I also booked all dinner reservations, the aqua seas tour and bought pirates and princess party tickets. THAT is why I thought we might just send other folks...its a super nice trip!

I am still holding out hope for my daughter to be well enough to go and my husbands week will be clear.

I am sure it will all work out one way or another. Thanks for all your help!

Upvote 0

Rob562

This is from mousesavers.com:
When booking a vacation package through WDTC, you will be subject to the following rules:
  • You must pay a $200 deposit within 14 days of reserving your package.
  • Final payment of the entire remainder is due 45 days prior to check-in. You have to pay in full right away if you are booking less than 45 days in advance.
  • You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 45 days in advance. From 6 to 44 days in advance, there is a cancellation fee of $100. If you cancel 5 days or less in advance, you pay a $200 penalty.
  • Any changes that result in a rate change, such as applying a discount code, reducing number of days and/or changing to a differently-priced resort, made 45 days or less prior to arrival, are subject to a $50 fee.

Note that if you make a change within the 45-day period that results in an *increase* in package price (such as adding on hotel nights, ticket days, room level, etc) they waive the $50 fee.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom