How is the "Pop Century" comming along?

NoBody

Account Suspended
Actually, you are so right! It is a shame that so many folks disparage the value resorts and other really great places to visit at WDW. I always make it a point to stay at various resorts during my trips and I always try new and/or different venues at WDW. I even ran a few laps on the WDW speedway last trip! The restaurants, shops and sports complex areas are wonderful as well. WDW is certainly more than just the parks!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I personally love the all-star resorts. I don't see the purpose to spending twice or three times the money when you only sleep in your hotel room anyway. When you're sleeping, it doesn't matter what you're paying..it's all dark.

If you're spending a large part of your day in the resort, what are you doing at WDW to begin with?

I'll tell you one thing. I've been to most of the resorts in WDW. I've seen more smiling faces at the all-stars than at the high priced resorts. The higher price resorts seem to have a certain "flair" to them that not only turns me off, but almost disgusts me.

I spent about 10 minutes in the poly last time I was there and swore never to stay there. It's beautiful, but the people that were there....well....don't get me started.....

neilybealy

Originally posted by Fievel
I personally love the all-star resorts. I don't see the purpose to spending twice or three times the money when you only sleep in your hotel room anyway. When you're sleeping, it doesn't matter what you're paying..it's all dark.

If you're spending a large part of your day in the resort, what are you doing at WDW to begin with?

I'll tell you one thing. I've been to most of the resorts in WDW. I've seen more smiling faces at the all-stars than at the high priced resorts. The higher price resorts seem to have a certain "flair" to them that not only turns me off, but almost disgusts me.

I spent about 10 minutes in the poly last time I was there and swore never to stay there. It's beautiful, but the people that were there....well....don't get me started.....

i've never stayed onsite but i can just imagine this being sooooo true

Originally posted by TravisM
well I don;'t care for any of the value resorts at all!!! But there is a market out for this campy crap. But I have never, nor will never stay at one. But I have been spoiled by always staying at deluxe :D

We all cant be blessed with your $$$$ Travis. So for those that arent the value resorts are and always will be an execellent option.

jcrb

Original Poster
Little note of info - Pop Century is going to have four Phases - first phase starts in spring. Most of the Cast Members will be taken from other resort hotels. Rest will be from outside the company.

The construction is going ok. The main entrance is up. Their a light at the main entrance. Name of the main entrance sign is not up.

ddbutts1

I can't wait till the Pop Century resort opens. We usually stay at the All Stars but last month got the opportunity to stay at Coronado Springs. I missed the excitement that the value resorts have, Coronado was a grown up resort, too quiet, too stuffy. The Pop Century will give us a new resort to stay at that's new and exciting. Not that I would turn down the opportunity to stay at any of the other resorts.

Brett

As a college student, the All-Star resorts are a blessing. Staying there can make you save, save, save!!!

wannabeBelle

I agree!! I think every resort level has its advantages and disadvantages. Value level really allows people who may not have experienced staying on property to do so, Moderates are great for someone who wants a good cross between value and amenities (such as myself!) and Deluxes are for those people who want a bit of luxury on vacation and are willing to pay for it!! I applaud Disney for looking at several sections of thier audience!! Good job!! Belle

Henning

Hi there!

Same opinion on the All Stars. I was a student until last year and now that I started working money is still tight (especially since I´m from Germany and have to pay quite a lot only to get to WDW).
So for me the All Stars always have been a blessing - the only way that I could afford to stay on-site. I surely would prefer to stay in the EPCOT-area to walk to EPCOT or the Boardwalk at night (it´s always a pain in the neck - or the feet - when I watch Illuminations and exit to the Boardwalk to watch the artists and the people; and then I have to got to Downtown Disney only to change busses to get to an All Star).
But whatsoever: I have plenty of time on my hands - after all I´m on vacation. And my resort is only for sleeping, because the whole day I can be found everywhere but in my hotel room.

And even the All Stars have a lot of Disney-style: Great, friendly cast members, reliable transportation and the "Unlimited Parkhopper Pass".

....however: I sincerely hope that next time at WDW I can afford one of the EPCOT resorts. I just love that area!!!! Someone give me money :D

-Henning

Invero

One thing I might add...

I've known a lot of British folk to come over for thier holiday, and spend 3 or so weeks here. Personally, if I were goiing on vacation, I'd rather spend 3 weeks at the All-Stars, then one week at a deluxe and two weeks at home. :)

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
One thing I might add...

I've known a lot of British folk to come over for thier holiday, and spend 3 or so weeks here. Personally, if I were goiing on vacation, I'd rather spend 3 weeks at the All-Stars, then one week at a deluxe and two weeks at home. :)

Hear hear! :sohappy: And you can include us South Americans on that count as well! Airfare and park tickets alone are a huge headache, I don't want extra-worries with fancy hotels... :cool:

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
Nice avatar MKCustodial...

I miss the Millenium Celebration... :(

Me too, it was one of the best times of my life, and that in my avatar is the result: the Custodial managers gave me a Buzz Lightyear t-shirt that says MK Custodial 2000. That's where I got my nickname from. And that in the avatar is the top of the box from the gift... I love this shirt, it's from thatplace at Tomorrowland and Downtown Disney, where you can choose the character and whatever you wanna write, in spray?

TIGGER-FAN

For me the All Stars are great. All you do in a room is sleep and shower. I'll take the extra $200.00+ I save on the room and spend it on nice resteraunts in the parks and lots of stuff from all the stores and shops. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom