How is the dinner at Ohana? Good recommendation???

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
We saw all the great meats and family style dining here, looks awesome!
Just wanted to know what everyone else thinks of this dinner wh has been there.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We used to go every trip, but changes to the menu, over indulged kids chasing coconuts and the noise of cats being strangled, or singing as the management claimed, has finally put an end to our visits.

Enjoy the food in the Kona Cafe just as much anyway.

Phonedave

We saw all the great meats and family style dining here, looks awesome!
Just wanted to know what everyone else thinks of this dinner wh has been there.

The food is good. I would not call it fine dining, but it is quite passable. Nothing that is going to challenge anyone. It is all you care to eat, so if thats your bag, then it's a good deal.

As Mr. Sak has pointed out, there is now a "floor show" which can be a tad bit annoying.

I like floor shows (such as at Morocco and Germany for example) and I love kids (I have two of my own) but kids marching around to bad singing while shaking maracas over my table ... not too swift.

I won't say I dislike the place, but it's not an "Oh my lord I have to go there" place for me.

-dave

djpoore94

DH & I ate here for the first time in October and we both loved it. We're going back in May. The food was great (although the shrimp a bit messy to peel) and since the "floor show" was not a constant thing we were not bothered by it at all. We had a window seat during the Hallowishes fireworks and the view was great!

This is our family's favorite place to eat while at WDW. Infact, I will be in Daytona on business in March, and I am making a special drive just to eat there! I do miss the potatoes, thou........:slurp:

evergreen

The food is fabulous;floor show does not last long and the kids enjoy it, so don't let that put you off..

kona cafe is fantastic too...

coltow

The food is fabulous;floor show does not last long and the kids enjoy it, so don't let that put you off..

kona cafe is fantastic too...
The food was good and the drink yummy. We actually ate here on our arrival day and it was great for everyone after flying to have a nice, fun meal.

BTW we loved Kona too, but only did breakfast:slurp:

ThinkTink721

WONDERFUL!!!...It is now my favorite WDW restaurant since our visit in Sept. 2008.
The food, service & entertainment was great! :slurp:
I would highly recommend this one.
Try to do like my in-laws did & reserve your dinner time to coincide w/ the fireworks show at the MK.
They got to enjoy their dinner while viewing Wishes.

:wave:

meganw1985

Probably one of my top 3 faves...

I absolutely love it. Ate there in May with a party of 12...fun place for a group. The coriander chicken wings are DELICIOUS as is the bread pudding at the end (which I was a little nervous about since it's the only dessert option there). I highly recommend it. And if this means anything: my best friend chose this restaurant out of every other in all of WDW for her birthday dinner in April. :slurp:

BuddhasHomeGirl

We NEVER miss Ohana......lordy I love the food there.

Pumba when was the last time you were there?
I was just there over Christmas and I have to say that the singing/coconut races were really cut to a minimum, she only sang once and raced once the entire time we were there, she was doing her thing for maybe a total of 10-15 minutes, we were pretty happy. lol

Also, heres a tip, ask to be seated on the right side of the restaurant, you see her for maybe 5 seconds the entire time you are there. She hangs out more on the side by the fire pit.

Tom

Beta Return
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

We've been going since before they "changed the menu" but we like the change. Appetizers are delicious. Meats are delicious. And the dessert is to DIE FOR!

We just ate there 2 weeks ago and loved it again. The floor show with the VERY ANNOYING (and questionably manly "female" Emcee) was a negative, but we ignored it for the most part. We were sat at the window and had a GREAT view if Wishes at the end of dinner.

I absolutely gorged myself with food. It was sinful, that's for sure. But it was my wife's 2nd time and she loves it now too.

erasure fan1

Mark another one for Loves it.

Yea a couple of the changes didnt make things better but its still very good. The times we have been there the food has been well above average. After the first time we went it has now become a must go every trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom