How is the Cape May Cafe for breakfast????

captainkidd

We thought it sucked. I hate these buffets with no pancakes or french toast.

The character interaction was horrible. We saw maybe 4 out of 6 characters. Truth be told, that's become the norm for Disney character meals. They're a waste of money.

ThatMouse

I've not eaten there, but I always see a lot of people so it must be popular. I like Captain's Grille breakfast so much, I never thought to eat there. Boma is my favorite for breakfast - can usually get in quickly without a reservation. Trail's End at Fort Wilderness is good too, less expensive, no crowds. These are all good buffets, but no characters.

We enjoyed it. I was glad that there were other things on the buffet rather than just your run of the mill pancakes and waffles, which they did have a whole waffle bar area. There were also omlets and all kinds of breakfast meats. My kids enjoyed the breakfast pizza as well. I thought there was a great selection for all. And we saw all of the characters in the restaurant at least twice. I think your character sightings depend on where the characters are when you are seated in the restaurant. They just happened to be in the area next to the table where we were seated, so as soon as we got in the came to our table. THen the rotation began again and they came back by.
All in all, I actually prefer the Cape May breakfast to the Chef Mickey's breakfast.

ornurse

For a character breakfast, Cape May is our favorite. Staff is great, food selection (for a buffet) is good. I'm not big on buffets but my boys love the characters and I am happy at Cape May. The characters all come around (we have eaten there at least 6 times). I find their fruit selection to be pretty good. We like it much better than Park Fare or Chef Mickey's. Tusker House is good as is Crystal Palace. We like to go to Cape May on the morning we go to HS as it's so close. Hope you enjoy it!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member

The character interaction was horrible. We saw maybe 4 out of 6 characters. Truth be told, that's become the norm for Disney character meals. They're a waste of money.

That's interesting, normally there are only 3 characters at Cape May Cafe for breakfast- Minnie, Goofy and Donald. Who did you see when you were there?

DABIGCHEEZ

That's interesting, normally there are only 3 characters at Cape May Cafe for breakfast- Minnie, Goofy and Donald. Who did you see when you were there?

We saw those 3 plus Chip and Dale when we were there... don't remember exactly when though(we didn't go here this year....but I believe it was Aug 09). I think C&D are no longer there and left at the end of the summer or somewhere thereabouts.
As far as the Breakfast buffet... we enjoyed it each time we have gone(4 or 5). Not as good as CP or Chef Mickey's(IMO) but still very good. No problems with food, service or character time on any visit.

We had the buffett last month and loved it! Characters came around twice and for a buffet we thought the food was great! My father-n-law raved that it was a good pick and that we will put it on the list of places to go back to. Now I can't wait to go back and try dinner!

jenseib

I wondered too which characters you thought were supposed to be there, They have had3 since late 08 as far as I know.

We LOVED it. We ate there in March of 2009. The food was the best Disney breakfast we have had. (Persoanlly I thought Chef Mickey's wasn't very good at all, except fo the pancakes) And Cape May DID have pancakes when we were there. We saw Minnie twice, and Goofy and Donald each once. I must admit our watress was awful though. She never came back to check on us or offer more juice till it was time to pay, and then when my DH told her we were paying the tip with cash she told him he couldn't, and he said, well he was. :p

ml123_9

I thought the food selection and character interaction was wonderful. Goofy came around twice and all three stayed quite a long time, we were able to get several pictures. Our son loved it, we will definately go back again in September.

4everDory

We LOVE Cape May for breakfast! It's a must-do on all of our trips. We ate there twice during our 2 week trip in September! Minnie, Goofy, and Donald were great! We saw them each at least 2 times during each meal (we were there for just over an hour). Enjoy!

lilclerk

I like Cape May for Dinner. The Oreo Bon Bons are fantastic. The breakfast is alright, nothing amazing.
Oh Oreo bon bons are so delicious, they were worth going to that dinner. I'm not big on buffets or seafood, so that place wasn't really for me. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom